Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase 1000 yds, 10 TD's
(12-13-2021, 11:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He needs 23 yards to break AJ’s record, and 8 receptions to break Collinsworth’s.

Both are falling in Denver sunday.. Chase loves beating up on Pat Surtain..Rookie on Rookie and imn taking Chase. Seems like his drops come is spurts, then he goes off.. I'm fully expecting him to go off Sunday... 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:40 AM)Tony Wrote: Both are falling in Denver sunday.. Chase loves beating up on Pat Surtain..Rookie on Rookie and imn taking Chase. Seems like his drops come is spurts, then he goes off.. I'm fully expecting him to go off Sunday... 

Let’s hope so. He has to clean up his game.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:05 AM)Synric Wrote: Everyone mentions Joe Brady with Burrow and while he was the Passing Game Coordinator at LSU he was also the Wide Receiver Coach. He turned that room of receivers into a NFL ready group two went first round, one second round, and even a 4th/backup went 6th round.

If the Bengals arent happy with Troy Walters I wouldnt mind Joe Brady as the Wide Receiver coach....Or Brian Hartline from Ohio State lol.

That McMath?

I will say, the recruiting for the WRs has been nothing short of superb; Boutte and Jenkins look to be poor men's Chase and Jefferson and they were both freshman just last year. Then you add Nabors and you have another trio like with Marshall and the other two... provided none of them transfer, of course Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
And Mixon has gone over a 1000 as well if I read right.
Reply/Quote
Still leading the league in drops.

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

You must look the ball in, before you can take it to the house.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Still leading the league in drops.

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

You must look the ball in, before you can take it to the house.

Truth but kind of view it like in softball where you can take a player or two who is a defensive liability as long as they're going to light up the scoreboard. 

Think Chase eventually fixes this problem per he did not seem to have this dropsy problem in college and really like the way he blocks when asked to do so as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:30 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: It’s a ratio issue. He has nine drops, not seven. With 98 targets, that is roughly a 9% drop rate. Out of those nine drops, three of them are touchdowns (that I can remember). If the sample size of an NFL season was bigger, it would be less of an issue but a single missed play can have a huge impact. I’m also skeptical of the numbers that PFR is putting out - I think he has more. They have him down for nine drops this season, but zero against San Francisco. I have him with two drops against San Francisco, the dropped third down pass early and the dropped touchdown. Even if you want to call the TD an iffy call, he cleanly dropped one early.

Now, he isn’t quite as bad as many think - he has the 4th worst drop rate among WRs in the NFL. He is also offsetting those drops with his production, kind of like Burrow and his INTs. Has Burrow thrown a lot of INTs this year? Yes, but he has been offsetting those TDs with high production, so it’s a net positive. The frustration stems from the missed opportunities. Chase would likely have over 1150 yards and 13 TDs if he was mor sure handed, and the Bengals would potentially have one or two more victories.

Amazing post. Nothing to add. I think you summed it up completely.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:30 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: It’s a ratio issue. He has nine drops, not seven. With 98 targets, that is roughly a 9% drop rate. Out of those nine drops, three of them are touchdowns (that I can remember). If the sample size of an NFL season was bigger, it would be less of an issue but a single missed play can have a huge impact. I’m also skeptical of the numbers that PFR is putting out - I think he has more. They have him down for nine drops this season, but zero against San Francisco. I have him with two drops against San Francisco, the dropped third down pass early and the dropped touchdown. Even if you want to call the TD an iffy call, he cleanly dropped one early.

Now, he isn’t quite as bad as many think - he has the 4th worst drop rate among WRs in the NFL. He is also offsetting those drops with his production, kind of like Burrow and his INTs. Has Burrow thrown a lot of INTs this year? Yes, but he has been offsetting those TDs with high production, so it’s a net positive. The frustration stems from the missed opportunities. Chase would likely have over 1150 yards and 13 TDs if he was mor sure handed, and the Bengals would potentially have one or two more victories.

C'mon man.  That was a tough catch by any WRs measure.  Yes I read the sentence after that bolded one.

The fact that it's even brought up as a "drop" is ridiculous in my book.

Chase has clearly had some drop issues but some people trying to fabricate things like he's butterfingering it out there is wild.

I remember some of my favorite all-time Bengals wrs dropping passes and tipping up ints.

Chad dropped a few against the Browns.  AJ had a couple of games where he was dropping and tipping passes(which of course were Dalton's fault because no way AJ could make a mistake. lol)  Did we forget about AJ's automatic TD near the goal line in the playoffs?  As a vet not less.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 08:18 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: C'mon man.  That was a tough catch by any WRs measure.  Yes I read the sentence after that bolded one.

The fact that it's even brought up as a "drop" is ridiculous in my book.

Chase has clearly had some drop issues but some people trying to fabricate things like he's butterfingering it out there is wild.

I remember some of my favorite all-time Bengals wrs dropping passes and tipping up ints.

Chad dropped a few against the Browns.  AJ had a couple of games where he was dropping and tipping passes(which of course were Dalton's fault because no way AJ could make a mistake. lol)  Did we forget about AJ's automatic TD near the goal line in the playoffs?  As a vet not less.

I’m not necessarily holding that one against him but he did drop it. It was much less egregious than the other TDs he has dropped for sure. If you don’t think that Chase is butterfingering it, then I’m not sure what to say. I’m certainly not saying he is a bust and I do believe he is a net positive, nowhere close to that being an issue. He has one of the worst drop rates in the NFL among WRs and those drops have been very costly at times. That’s not fabricated.

I also think he will get it figured out, just like Burrow will cut the INTs down.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:40 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Is 7 a lot? I feel like 7 isn't a lot. I mean, it is tied for 1st in the NFL, but I feel like that's still not a lot.

I think it's when he drops that makes it seem worse than it is.

When you lead the league in a category in a bad way, it's "a lot" lol. Stats are all relative.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: With yesterday's numbers, Chase becomes the fifth player in the Super Bowl era to have 1,000+ yards and 10+ touchdowns. He joins Odell Beckham Jr. (New York Giants), Mike Evans (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Randy Moss (Minnesota Vikings), and John Jefferson (San Diego Chargers) on the list. Over 1000 yds, with 4 games to go. Higgins is at 812 and should break 1000 as well if he remains healthy.

Pace Tracker:
Chase - 1353 yards
Higgins - 1107 yards
Boyd - 799 yards
Uzomah - 532 yards

Burrow - 4554 yards

Mixon - 1354 rushing yards, 264 receiving yards = 1618 yards from scrimmage
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He's allowed to drop a ton becaue he's just a rookie. If Ross got all the "breaks" in the world, I can give Chase double the breaks with his production #s.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:10 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: When you lead the league in a category in a bad way, it's "a lot" lol. Stats are all relative.

Agreed, it's not about the quantity but rather leading in a negative category.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:40 AM)Tony Wrote: Both are falling in Denver sunday.. Chase loves beating up on Pat Surtain..Rookie on Rookie and imn taking Chase. Seems like his drops come is spurts, then he goes off.. I'm fully expecting him to go off Sunday... 

Looks like we will catch a break with decent weather Sunday (58 and sunny) but the Bronco defense is a problem.

#2 in points allowed
#4 in pass efficiency
#4 in pass tds
#10 in pass yards
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Pace Tracker:
Chase - 1353 yards
Higgins - 1107 yards
Boyd - 799 yards
Uzomah - 532 yards

Burrow - 4554 yards

Mixon - 1354 rushing yards, 264 receiving yards = 1618 yards from scrimmage

Someone read my thread Wink http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Stat-Projections-Offense-at-the-3-Quarter-Mark

(12-15-2021, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Looks like we will catch a break with decent weather Sunday (58 and sunny) but the Bronco defense is a problem.

#2 in points allowed
#4 in pass efficiency
#4 in pass tds
#10 in pass yards

My good friend is a diehard Broncos fan and he said that the rankings are a big misrepresentation of the actual D; the Secondary is really good, LBs average and aside from Chubb, the dline gets beaten way too often.

He thinks Mixon will run for 120+ yards on Sunday.

We'll see.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:54 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Someone read my thread Wink http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Stat-Projections-Offense-at-the-3-Quarter-Mark

My good friend is a diehard Broncos fan and he said that the rankings are a big misrepresentation of the actual D; the Secondary is really good, LBs average and aside from Chubb, the oline gets beaten way too often.

We'll see.

I actually didn't unfortunately, I went and looked up all the stats myself then did my own calculations. Would have saved me time though lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:54 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Someone read my thread Wink http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Stat-Projections-Offense-at-the-3-Quarter-Mark

My good friend is a diehard Broncos fan and he said that the rankings are a big misrepresentation of the actual D; the Secondary is really good, LBs average and aside from Chubb, the oline gets beaten way too often.

We'll see.

Ow oh! Does this mean Zac willl be air happy with Burrow and his receivers after last week's criticism?? I mean it was obvious to go by air with the niners, now it's obvious to run Mixon if your good friend's assessment is spot on. Is Zac the coach to outshine his super bowl mentor McVay? Looking forward to Sunday just to see what game plan he's gonna bring.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: With yesterday's numbers, Chase becomes the fifth player in the Super Bowl era to have 1,000+ yards and 10+ touchdowns. He joins Odell Beckham Jr. (New York Giants), Mike Evans (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Randy Moss (Minnesota Vikings), and John Jefferson (San Diego Chargers) on the list. Over 1000 yds, with 4 games to go. Higgins is at 812 and should break 1000 as well if he remains healthy.

These are numbers for rookies, yes?

Just to clarify.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 09:53 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not necessarily holding that one against him but he did drop it. It was much less egregious than the other TDs he has dropped for sure. If you don’t think that Chase is butterfingering it, then I’m not sure what to say. I’m certainly not saying he is a bust and I do believe he is a net positive,  nowhere close to that being an issue. He has one of the worst drop rates in the NFL among WRs and those drops have been very costly at times. That’s not fabricated.

I also think he will get it figured out, just like Burrow will cut the INTs down.

Uh okay.

Whadda ya stat or call when your QB almost throws an interception and a WR catches it off the DBs hands for a nice gain?

Just like Chase bobbling the catch that turned into an interception the previous game.

Some things that happen out there are hardly even factored into the actual stats.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 12:08 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Truth but kind of view it like in softball where you can take a player or two who is a defensive liability as long as they're going to light up the scoreboard. 

Think Chase eventually fixes this problem per he did not seem to have this dropsy problem in college and really like the way he blocks when asked to do so as well. 

I saw a video on YouTube where most of Chases drops come when the defender is getting hands on him or jamming at the line...
Reply/Quote