Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Brown VS Joe Mixon. The starting job isn’t in jeopardy, or is it?
The rookies play harder their 1st season and then kinda learn to care for themselves. Mixon drops easily because he knows there's the next play to try again, some plays he will go the extra mile.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 02:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's PR 101 to tell the public everything is fine when there maybe is turmoil going on behind the scenes. You learn this about the world immediately. 

why would the bengals want the headache and media attention if they told the public how they really feel? Imagine all the people who would be pestering them if they said out loud that they want Mixon gone...

use your brain

I’m pretty comfortable with what Zac’s thoughts are lol.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 03:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m pretty comfortable with what Zac’s thoughts are lol.

just know we all know you're a bandwagon new fan lol

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 03:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: just know we all know you're a bandwagon new fan lol

I’m comfortable with what Zac’s thoughts are and I am a bandwagon new fan. Lol
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 02:55 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The rookies play harder their 1st season and then kinda learn to care for themselves. Mixon drops easily because the knows there's the next play to try again, some plays he will go the extra mile.

So, are suggesting that Mixon takes plays off?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 03:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are suggesting that Mixon takes plays off?

I wouldnt go that far, but I would say he may go down when he feels he's not gonna go anywhere, and depeding on the situation. If it's the playoffs, very unlikely, 2nd series of the 2nd game of the season, perhaps.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 02:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I hear that about predictability but my question is if they see a substitution for Mixon if they think it’s just as a blocker doesn’t it actually work in our favor on a screen? I mean even if Joe were to stay in isn’t it likely a passing down? Most times they are throwing to Chase, Tee, or Boyd? I just was never bothered that it made us more predictable. I thought it opened it up for screens to Samaje which often broke open.

Yes, screens with our 3rd down backs were often very efficient. I just wish all the RB's were good blockers so we could even use Mixon
on 3rd down to change it up. That is the predictable part, Mixon leaving on 3rd and longs and our 3rd down Backs not getting early down
play whether that be run or pass. I know this might complicate things, but it sure could put the Defense on their heels at times.

Just another option to have in our bag.
Reply/Quote