Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst........then who?
(05-08-2022, 02:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome. I must of watched Pryor as I get to see a lot of Wisconsin games, just cannot remember him at the moment.

Wisconsin is usually such a running team that I overlook the WR's besides their TE in Ferguson who I wanted.

Rock on, another name to throw out there.

I like Lassiter as well, maybe he is the answer at PR? Heighleigh can also return Punts.

Maybe Simmons got his guy as an UDFA...

Can not believe he wasn't pounding the table for a PR late this year after what he said prior to the Draft.
Maybe they already had deals in place with Lassiter and Pryor and so they didn't feel the need to reach to draft one.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2022, 02:35 PM)pulses Wrote: Maybe they already had deals in place with Lassiter and Pryor and so they didn't feel the need to reach to draft one.

Maybe, I need to see some highlights of these guys. 

This was a weird Draft with crazy talent falling. I know all Drafts are different but this one seemed exceptionally strange.

Cannot believe some of the UDFA's we got, namely Hicks and Ben Brown. These guys should of been drafted by somebody.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see Trent Taylor incorporated into the offense more as a second slot receiver in 4 WR sets. I hope he keeps the PR job, he isn't the flashiest but he's as sure-handed as they come, and it is so nice to not have to worry about a muff. Plus he's still good for a few extra yards with his shiftiness.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2022, 03:07 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: I would like to see Trent Taylor incorporated into the offense more as a second slot receiver in 4 WR sets. I hope he keeps the PR job, he isn't the flashiest but he's as sure-handed as they come, and it is so nice to not have to worry about a muff. Plus he's still good for a few extra yards with his shiftiness.

Definitely understand this. The last thing you want in a Punt Returner is tentativeness. Trent Taylor has none of this.

You know he isn't going to muff it which is the #1 thing you want in a Punt Returner. He is smart too and shifty as you say.

We are loaded at Slot WR though as we say in the UDFA thread. We need speed after Chase who really is our only scary dude
in this aspect. Pryor and Lassiter as Pulses says are 4.3 guys so one of them might be the answer. I would keep Taylor though 
just cause of his sure hands on PR's.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2022, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definitely understand this. The last thing you want in a Punt Returner is tentativeness. Trent Taylor has none of this.

You know he isn't going to muff it which is the #1 thing you want in a Punt Returner. He is smart too and shifty as you say.

We are loaded at Slot WR though as we say in the UDFA thread. We need speed after Chase who really is our only scary dude
in this aspect. Pryor and Lassiter as Pulses says are 4.3 guys so one of them might be the answer. I would keep Taylor though 

We could roll with Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Morgan, Taylor, Pryor/Lassiter. The UDFA guy would take Thomas's spot. Taylor specializes in punt returns, Morgan primarily for special teams. If a guy has 4.3 speed I'd try him out as a gunner as well. If Taylor is on the roster he can still get an occasional look on offense. I know he's suffered a few injuries while with the Niners but in his rookie year he was pretty solid in the slot on a bad all-around team.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2022, 02:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Maybe, I need to see some highlights of these guys. 

This was a weird Draft with crazy talent falling. I know all Drafts are different but this one seemed exceptionally strange.

Cannot believe some of the UDFA's we got, namely Hicks and Ben Brown. These guys should of been drafted by somebody.

Yeah Hicks was def a shocker with all these teams looking for guys who can rush the passer.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2022, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definitely understand this. The last thing you want in a Punt Returner is tentativeness. Trent Taylor has none of this.

Lassiter played the majority of his time outside in college so with that experience that might help him some in camp. Although they project him in the slot for the NFL.
Reply/Quote