Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase, Sewell, or Pitts wearing this? Draft hats
(04-09-2021, 01:55 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I like it, although, that's quite Harley Davidson like.

I would never wear it because I hate structured hats with the stand up lining. And flat bill hats are for dip shits. So, I'm out on that one, too. Flat bill hats are the popped collar of the 2000s. When they become grown ups, people will look back at themselves in photos and feel like trendy idiots.

Want to spot the follower who's never had an original idea?... Find the guy with the flat bill hat.

Flat billed hats. The stupid trend that just won't die. I remember thinking they were dumb back in 2003 when they were getting popular.

17 years later, here they are to stay.

(04-09-2021, 02:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Any hat that costs more than $30 is overpriced, IMO.
I'm typically in the $25-30 range.

Hats usually last me around 3-4 months before the top starts getting flat and worn out. $25-30 is the top end of what I'll spend.

(04-09-2021, 02:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You guys are aware that, you know, YOU CAN CURVE A FLAT-BILL HAT?

Really now?

It's not the same, Truck. Anyone who wears hats knows this. The bill doesn't bend correctly and the cap itself is taller and stiffer.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
All this indecisiveness over ball caps? Well, there's probably one thing we all can agree on. Chicks are sexy in ball caps.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It doesn’t help that most people that wear flat billed hats also keep all the stickers on them. Just looks like total shit.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 07:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It doesn’t help that most people that wear flat billed hats also keep all the stickers on them. Just looks like total shit.

Yes it does. I've not been a fan of flat billed look since forever and it's never changed. I've always been a fan of curving the bill. If I see someone with a flat bill? Automatic ridiculous look. Looks like a darn stove pot on the head.

Reply/Quote
I hate the flat bill hats, too. You guys want New Era 39thirty hats. They do have them for the ‘21 draft hats but I don’t like the style that much. I got last years draft hat (39thirty/curved bill).
I liked that one - Best the B logo has ever looked.

Here’s the link for my fellow flat-bill haters...

https://www.lids.com/nfl-cincinnati-bengals/cincinnati-bengals-new-era-2021-nfl-draft-trucker-39thirty-flex-hat-graphite/black/o-2449+t-58719160+p-60454479469+z-9-796817657?_ref=p-CLP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1

And yes they are over-priced, too.
Reply/Quote
I have a weird obsession with hats. Love em, can’t walk out of a store without buying one. But I definitely wouldn’t spend 40 bucks on a hat.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 01:55 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I like it, although, that's quite Harley Davidson like.

I would never wear it because I hate structured hats with the stand up lining. And flat bill hats are for dip shits. So, I'm out on that one, too. Flat bill hats are the popped collar of the 2000s. When they become grown ups, people will look back at themselves in photos and feel like trendy idiots.

Want to spot the follower who's never had an original idea?... Find the guy with the flat bill hat.

You do realize you can shape the bill don't you? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 08:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize you can shape the bill don't you? 

Like someone said earlier - it’s difficult to do on these new style ones. They also have a really high crown so they just don’t bend/look right like they used to. Just buy the 39thirty hats - no bending required.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 07:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It doesn’t help that most people that wear flat billed hats also keep all the stickers on them. Just looks like total shit.

Truth my dude, stickers on caps are worse than flat bills!
Reply/Quote
& these drafts hats will drop in price shortly after the draft because the NFL will push out summer training camp hats.
Reply/Quote
Folks, I've said it before so I'll say it again.. When you buy and especially wear a team's logo on clothing or even put it on your vehicle like some do you are essentially PAYING them to do free advertising for them. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've worked in advertising and we ALWAYS charge companies to do advertising for them. Costumers don't pay to wear a Walmart shirt for Christ sake so why should anyone pay to wear a NFL shirt or hat or anything? These teams should be paying you to wear the damned stuff, not the other way around. This stuff is just so damned stupid it defies all logic. If Mike Brown or the reds owner, whatsisface wants me to wear their logo they can damned well jolly pay me to wear it.  ThumbsUp This is like paying to wear a bill collectors hat or shirt.. HEY LOOKEE! I'm paying WAYYYY TO MUCH to do something for free I SHOULD be getting paid to do! ..Ain't I special? Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 09:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: Folks, I've said it before so I'll say it again.. When you buy and especially wear a team's logo on clothing or even put it on your vehicle like some do you are essentially PAYING them to do free advertising for them. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've worked in advertising and we ALWAYS charge companies to do advertising for them. Costumers don't pay to wear a Walmart shirt for Christ sake so why should anyone pay to wear a NFL shirt or hat or anything? These teams should be paying you to wear the damned stuff, not the other way around. This stuff is just so damned stupid it defies all logic. If Mike Brown or the reds owner, whatsisface wants me to wear their logo they can damned well jolly pay me to wear it.  ThumbsUp

This got old the first 37 times you said it. How about you just ignore all the jersey/merchandise threads instead of posting about how silly the people that do like them are?

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 09:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This got old the first 37 times you said it. How about you just ignore all the jersey/merchandise threads instead of posting about how silly the people that do like them are?

You're still doing it! I'll keep posting it.. But hey...If you want to wear a shirt to advertise my business i won't stop you, but I ain't paying you to do it and damned sure ain't charging you to do it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 09:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: Folks, I've said it before so I'll say it again.. When you buy and especially wear a team's logo on clothing or even put it on your vehicle like some do you are essentially PAYING them to do free advertising for them. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've worked in advertising and we ALWAYS charge companies to do advertising for them. Costumers don't pay to wear a Walmart shirt for Christ sake so why should anyone pay to wear a NFL shirt or hat or anything? These teams should be paying you to wear the damned stuff, not the other way around. This stuff is just so damned stupid it defies all logic. If Mike Brown or the reds owner, whatsisface wants me to wear their logo they can damned well jolly pay me to wear it.  ThumbsUp

Except, I don't care that I'm advertising for them. I'm ok with it. I make enough money from my 2 businesses that I am fine pimping Mikey Brown's sigil for free while I show off my Bengals pride. 

I'm picturing you at cookouts just flipping out that someone handed you a can of Pepsi while grabbing an unbranded glass, quickly pouring out the liquid into said glass and quickly throwing the can away before anyone sees you advertising the Pepsi brand by holding it.

I'm also picturing you ripping all of the logos and name plates from your vehicles. Even down to blacking out the sidewalls of your tires and unstitching logos from your shoes.

^ Does all of that sound like a ridiculous thing only a lunatic would do? Well, so did your post telling us we're advertising for the Bengals by wearing a team shirt and should refuse to do so without being paid.

BTW, my father was the National Advertising Manager for Dayton Daily News when he passed and had worked there in the advertising department for 27 years. He dealt with major accounts like Coke, National Amusements, Frito Lay, etc etc. He wore branded and logo'd stuff all the time. He would have said you are a loon with that take.
Reply/Quote

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious If I could rep you a 1000, I would!! To add, a guy over 40 trying to look hard wearing one....Total douche noozle
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 09:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: Folks, I've said it before so I'll say it again.. When you buy and especially wear a team's logo on clothing or even put it on your vehicle like some do you are essentially PAYING them to do free advertising for them. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've worked in advertising and we ALWAYS charge companies to do advertising for them. Costumers don't pay to wear a Walmart shirt for Christ sake so why should anyone pay to wear a NFL shirt or hat or anything? These teams should be paying you to wear the damned stuff, not the other way around. This stuff is just so damned stupid it defies all logic. If Mike Brown or the reds owner, whatsisface wants me to wear their logo they can damned well jolly pay me to wear it.  ThumbsUp This is like paying to wear a bill collectors hat or shirt.. HEY LOOKEE! I'm paying WAYYYY TO MUCH to do something for free I SHOULD be getting paid to do! ..Ain't I special? Whatever

I'm balding and shave my head. I wear hats outside in the sun and like how hats look. I'm good with wearing a pro sports team logo. Why do you care if people do?
Reply/Quote
They should do top hats some year just to f**k with people. 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 07:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's not the same, Truck. Anyone who wears hats knows this. The bill doesn't bend correctly and the cap itself is taller and stiffer.

... really?

I've been wearing snapback, fitted, touques/skullcaps/beanies/helmets/scrumcaps, basically any headgear you can think of and more, I've worn to death, all my life.

They absolutely ARE the same thing; they're stiff? De-stiffen it. You'd be amazed what you can do with a freezer, some oil, elastics and time.

Just because they're built differently, doesn't mean you can't manipulate them as you see fit.

Don't throw fighting words out there ThumbsUp
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 08:03 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Like someone said earlier - it’s difficult to do on these new style ones. They also have a really high crown so they just don’t bend/look right like they used to. Just buy the 39thirty hats - no bending required.

But it isn't hard; if you've never tried (I mean REALLY tried), then you'll never know. I'll see if I can find my 59Fifty hats that I've curved throughout the years (they may still be at my parents).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 11:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They absolutely ARE the same thing; they're stiff? De-stiffen it. You'd be amazed what you can do with a freezer, some oil, elastics and time.

I'm not trying to conduct an experiment with Mr. Wizard, I'm trying to wear a damn hat.

PS The fact you need to oil the motherf'er up suggests it is very much NOT the same thing. And how in the hell do you oil a hat?
Reply/Quote