Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase, Sewell, or Pitts wearing this? Draft hats
(04-09-2021, 11:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ... really?

I've been wearing snapback, fitted, touques/skullcaps/beanies/helmets/scrumcaps, basically any headgear you can think of and more, I've worn to death, all my life.

They absolutely ARE the same thing; they're stiff? De-stiffen it. You'd be amazed what you can do with a freezer, some oil, elastics and time.

Just because they're built differently, doesn't mean you can't manipulate them as you see fit.

Don't throw fighting words out there ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

I've been wearing snapback, fitted, touques/skullcaps/beanies/helmets/scrumcaps, basically any headgear you can think of and more, I've worn to death, all my life.

They absolutely ARE the same thing; they're stiff? De-stiffen it. You'd be amazed what you can do with a freezer, some oil, elastics and time.

Just because they're built differently, doesn't mean you can't manipulate them as you see fit.

Of you're going to go through all of that, why not just buy the version of the hat that's designed for the bill to bend?

It's $30-40. What's someone's time & material worth. Is it possible? SURE. Is it worth it? Probably not.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 10:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious If I could rep you a 1000, I would!! To add, a guy over 40 trying to look hard wearing one....Total douche noozle

I'll take: Things Fred Durst does for $500, Alex.
Reply/Quote

Why buy a flat bill if you want to turn it into a baseball cap? Seems like alot of extra work and not to mention money.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 11:38 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Of you're going to go through all of that, why not just buy the version of the hat that's designed for the bill to bend?

It's $30-40. What's someone's time & material worth. Is it possible? SURE. Is it worth it? Probably not.

(04-09-2021, 11:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Why buy a flat bill if you want to turn it into a baseball cap? Seems like alot of extra work and not to mention money.

Guess I came from a not too-rich background; if I ever wanted to bend a 59Fifty, I didn't have enough to buy a new one ('cause they've been $39.95+ since I was 15ish) and I would just break it in and get it bent. I'm not being flippant either, 100% the truth.

I'll admit that it would make sense to just get one that doesn't require the work: guess that was just my younger-self talking.

BTW, Fred Durst isn't even close to the same person he was in 2000; guy grew up a shit-ton between 2003-2008 and is beyond a cool-guy, at this point. He's almost Chad-esque.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
$40 for a hat?

Only if it comes with a free shirt and a handy.

Seriously? We're picking 5th. The Browns should be sending out hats.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 12:51 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: BTW, Fred Durst isn't even close to the same person he was in 2000; guy grew up a shit-ton between 2003-2008 and is beyond a cool-guy, at this point. He's almost Chad-esque.

The movie he directed with John Travolta (The Fanatic) is definitely in so bad it’s good territory. It’s not quite The Room, but it’s in the ballpark.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 12:51 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Guess I came from a not too-rich background; if I ever wanted to bend a 59Fifty, I didn't have enough to buy a new one ('cause they've been $39.95+ since I was 15ish) and I would just break it in and get it bent. I'm not being flippant either, 100% the truth.

I'll admit that it would make sense to just get one that doesn't require the work: guess that was just my younger-self talking.

BTW, Fred Durst isn't even close to the same person he was in 2000; guy grew up a shit-ton between 2003-2008 and is beyond a cool-guy, at this point. He's almost Chad-esque.

I just picked the oldest guy I could think of who rocked a flat brim hat. lol. I have nothing against Limp Bizkit. They're the rich man's Nickleback.

Until Fred Durst & Limp Bizkit plays the Sunoco on Wayne Ave in Dayton, I will NEVER consider him cool. 

^ That's a joke referencing a prank a guy started that on April 20th, 2017 Limp Bizkit was going to play a free concert at a dumpy Sunoco gas station in a not wonderful part of town and it went viral on the internet to the point news stations were reporting it was happening. Like, peiple actually showed up thinking it was happening. EVERY APRIL SINCE, people post that it's coming and try try drum up support for it. It's a big running joke in the Ohio area.

If Fred Durst was SUPER cool... He would one day show up on an April 20th and Limp Bizkit would just start playing. The entire SW Ohio area would flood the streets to see the miracle. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meet-the-hero-who-duped-ohio-into-believing-limp-bizkit-was-having-a-concert-at-a-gas-station
Reply/Quote
If literally all the things I do not care about, this has to be somewhere at the top of that list
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 09:45 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If literally all the things I do not care about, this has to be somewhere at the top of that list

IDGAF

[Image: th?id=OIP.0hy-9JRWWb4cV1g-x7MvlAHaFj&pid...=201&h=152]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 02:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The movie he directed with John Travolta (The Fanatic) is definitely in so bad it’s good territory. It’s not quite The Room, but it’s in the ballpark.

Indeed, it wasn't well-received at all lol LOL... but look up the Education of Charlie Banks; superb indie flick and Jesse Eisenberg's first big role. Also made 3x its (quite small, lol) budget at the Box Office.

(04-10-2021, 08:27 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I just picked the oldest guy I could think of who rocked a flat brim hat. lol. I have nothing against Limp Bizkit. They're the rich man's Nickleback.

Until Fred Durst & Limp Bizkit plays the Sunoco on Wayne Ave in Dayton, I will NEVER consider him cool. 

^ That's a joke referencing a prank a guy started that on April 20th, 2017 Limp Bizkit was going to play a free concert at a dumpy Sunoco gas station in a not wonderful part of town and it went viral on the internet to the point news stations were reporting it was happening. Like, peiple actually showed up thinking it was happening. EVERY APRIL SINCE, people post that it's coming and try try drum up support for it. It's a big running joke in the Ohio area.

If Fred Durst was SUPER cool... He would one day show up on an April 20th and Limp Bizkit would just start playing. The entire SW Ohio area would flood the streets to see the miracle. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meet-the-hero-who-duped-ohio-into-believing-limp-bizkit-was-having-a-concert-at-a-gas-station

LOL I remember that vividly LOL what a riot that would've been! (not literally, of course).

I flew down to Jacksonville in 2013 with my sister (Welcome to Rockville), as she wanted to see a couple of bands, flights were cheap and it was a chance to see LB in their hometown. I know they're my 2nd-favourite band ever and all, but it isn't 1 word of hyperbole when I say that they were BY FAR the best act of the entire weekend, from a chops (Wes improved tremendously from their heyday and the cousins were always phenomenal musicians) and show POV. The only other act that put on a show that was as good, was Stone Sour, but that was a much-different vibe, of course. Alice in Chains headlined and they were VERY underwhelming, but the LB crowd was gargantuan and we all had an awesome time. Wish the set was longer lol. Fred still isn't the greatest singer at all LOL, but he knows how to lead a crowd and he was profusely grateful for the reception they got; man realizes his place now and isn't dicking around like he did 20+ years ago.

He also got MAJORLY screwed-over by what he thought was the love of his life (Esther Nazarov), who married him and divorced literally like 3 weeks after; the fact that Fred didn't air anything out or talk shit or anything of that nature (like he did at LB's peak), I think shows that he's really mellowed-out, matured and realizes how to navigate life like an adult now (kinda repeating what I said above lol).

Slightly back on topic, I'm now realizing that Fred wore his Yankees cap curved in the heyday, but now he wears straight-bills LOL Guess he goes along with the trend, that's all LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 11:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They absolutely ARE the same thing; they're stiff? De-stiffen it. You'd be amazed what you can do with a freezer, some oil, elastics and time.

[Image: 5558f9.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 06:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: 5558f9.jpg]

lol I get Iverson... but not meth LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 08:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol I get Iverson... but not meth LOL

You're listing off oils, chemicals, scientific processes...etc. Sounds more like making meth than shaping a ball cap. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 09:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're listing off oils, chemicals, scientific processes...etc. Sounds more like making meth than shaping a ball cap. Mellow

Guess I should've started my own lab when I was 12 Wink LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 06:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: 5558f9.jpg]

Thought I'd share an old school vid of this made into a song.  Also has the "I'm a man, I'm 40" and "You wanna crown go ahead and crown them" speeches.  Not sure what happened to the dude who used to make these (DJstevePorter) but these old vids are great...

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 11:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Thought I'd share an old school vid of this made into a song.  Also has the "I'm a man, I'm 40" and "You wanna crown go ahead and crown them" speeches.  Not sure what happened to the dude who used to make these (DJstevePorter) but these old vids are great...

Man I probably watched that Moss "One Clap" video 872 times. All of these videos were great though.
Reply/Quote