Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Young and/or Montez Sweat
From Josina Rossini: Meanwhile, it is my understanding, that there are several identifiable teams that have both interest in trading for either #Commanders DEs Montez Sweat or Chase Young, AND are willing to offer either a long-term deal ahead of free agency.

Bengals extremely unlikely to be in talks for this. Understandably so. But, where there is smoke there fire. I just don’t want either in the AFCN.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did I miss something major w/ C. Young that put him in Riverboat Ron's doghouse? I seem to remember he had a pretty good rookie season, then got hurt, then hasn't been seen since. He was just so damn dominant in college, it's tempting to want to check in on the pricetag, but at the same time, there HAS to be other reasons he hasn't gotten another shot on a Washington team in desperate need of winners.

I can't speak on Montez. I only really know some of C. Young's journey due to being a lifelong Buckeyes fan. But if IIRC, Montez is a quality defensive lineman and would probably fetch the better draft pick / player package WASH may be looking for.

Would love to have either to be honest. If the asking price on Young is low enough to stomach, I would pull the trigger and bank on him wanting to redeem his career while being back in the state that made him a CFB star. Aside from Hendrickson, we have little to no pass rush. Even if Ossai gets healthy and up to speed, one can never have too many pass rushers!
Reply/Quote
Would love to get either one. Would probably take a 2nd due to the comp pick they would get for losing them next year. I would only trade a 2 if we could sign him long term. But at what cost? Not saying either is a dominant rusher, but if I had to choose between Tee and a dominant rusher (like a Hendrickson), I’d take another rusher.
Reply/Quote
We need a pass rushing DT not a DE.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 05:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: We need a pass rushing DT not a DE.

Commander Jonathan Allen isn’t mentioned. That would be the pass rushing DT we could use.

He just had a pretty funny interview and you can tell he is sick and tired of losing. He has a fat contract for 3 more years now though.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 04:38 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Did I miss something major w/ C. Young that put him in Riverboat Ron's doghouse? I seem to remember he had a pretty good rookie season, then got hurt, then hasn't been seen since. He was just so damn dominant in college, it's tempting to want to check in on the pricetag, but at the same time, there HAS to be other reasons he hasn't gotten another shot on a Washington team in desperate need of winners.

I can't speak on Montez. I only really know some of C. Young's journey due to being a lifelong Buckeyes fan. But if IIRC, Montez is a quality defensive lineman and would probably fetch the better draft pick / player package WASH may be looking for.

Would love to have either to be honest. If the asking price on Young is low enough to stomach, I would pull the trigger and bank on him wanting to redeem his career while being back in the state that made him a CFB star. Aside from Hendrickson, we have little to no pass rush. Even if Ossai gets healthy and up to speed, one can never have too many pass rushers!

Injuries, I have honestly no idea why they didn't give him the standard year option!

I imagine it would take a couple of 1st RD picks or a star player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 05:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: We need a pass rushing DT not a DE.
This!
(10-24-2023, 06:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Commander Jonathan Allen isn’t mentioned. That would be the pass rushing DT we could use.

He just had a pretty funny interview and you can tell he is sick and tired of losing. He has a fat contract for 3 more years now though.
I wouldn't mind having Allen for three more seasons after this. Hin and Reader would be an awesome combination!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 02:29 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: From Josina Rossini: Meanwhile, it is my understanding, that there are several identifiable teams that have both interest in trading for either #Commanders DEs Montez Sweat or Chase Young, AND are willing to offer either a long-term deal ahead of free agency.

Bengals extremely unlikely to be in talks for this.  Understandably so.  But, where there is smoke there fire.  I just don’t want either in the AFCN.

If the Bengals were going to trade for either Young or Sweat, I think Myles Murphy would need to be part of that trade.  You need to make room for a DE and you give Washington something of value.  Im sure they would want some kind of draft pick too in addition to Murphy.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 06:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Commander Jonathan Allen isn’t mentioned. That would be the pass rushing DT we could use.

I could see Allen being someone WAS would want moved due to his cost, but I dunno if the Bengals are someone who would want to take on that base salary.
Although I guess Bengals could always move on from him after this year if they didn't wanna pay him the remainder of his contract, but I would imagine it'd cost a good penny to get him in a trade regardless.

Base Salary (Current Cap Hit) by year:
2023 - $14 mill ($21.441 mill)
2024 - $14 mill ($21.5 mill)
2025 - $15.5 mill ($23 mill)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If we were going to do any types of trades I would hope it would be on defense. I think Chase Young or Montez Sweat added to this team helps the Bengals Super Bowl chances more than Gesicki, Henry or Hurst being on the team. We also need more help at DT although I dont know what good DTs are available
Reply/Quote
There are very few positions that make sense for the Bengals to actually make a trade. I don't think DE is one of them - especially if it means adding another big contract to the team.

DT, O-Line and TE are the spots were I would love to see an acquisition. An interior pass rusher would take this defense to another level.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 04:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: There are very few positions that make sense for the Bengals to actually make a trade.  I don't think DE is one of them - especially if it means adding another big contract to the team.

DT, O-Line and TE are the spots were I would love to see an acquisition.  An interior pass rusher would take this defense to another level.

Obviously an elite interior pass rusher would be the #1 position that could take the defense to the next level but I dont know any available.  We have one disruptive DE that gets to the QB.  If Hendrickson gets hurt what kind of pass rush do we have?  Another pass rushing DE could help.  In the NFL you have to get pressure on the QBs.  You cant just let them sit back and have all day to throw.  While an interior pass rusher would help most, another outside rusher helps too.
Reply/Quote
Sweat to the Bears for a 2nd round pick.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/10/bears-to-acquire-de-montez-sweat-from-commanders
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 01:08 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Sweat to the Bears for a 2nd round pick.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/10/bears-to-acquire-de-montez-sweat-from-commanders

The Bears make no damn sense.

Was this done purely to secure his franchise tag rights? Because they sure aren't doing anything with him this year (the last year of his current contract).

Maybe they signed him to an extension that hasn't been announced yet?

It would be peak comedy if he leaves in free agency next off season.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 01:08 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Sweat to the Bears for a 2nd round pick.

I have to admit, surprised the Bears buying a player who is a FA in 2024. They must feel confident they can sign him to a long term deal or will get a comp. 3rd round if he bolts.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 01:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have to admit, surprised the Bears buying a player who is a FA in 2024. They must feel confident they can sign him to a long term deal or will get a comp. 3rd round if he bolts.

I would guess they have already worked out an extension before the trade.  I cant imagine they would give up a 2nd round pick without having already agreed to the principles of the extension.

I would still love to have Chase Young or Jonathan Allen. Washington has said Allen isnt on the trading block though.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 01:49 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would guess they have already worked out an extension before the trade.  I cant imagine they would give up a 2nd round pick without having already agreed to the principles of the extension.

I would still love to have Chase Young or Jonathan Allen. Washington has said Allen isnt on the trading block though.

Young sent to SF.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 03:40 PM)Jeaux Smooth Wrote: Young sent to SF.

Yep and only for a third rounder.

Commanders To Trade DE Chase Young To 49ers (profootballrumors.com)
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Commanders offically on rebuild mode.
Reply/Quote
Peoples-Jones to the Lions from Cleveland for a 6th rounder. Kind of a head scratcher!
Reply/Quote