Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Young or Joe Burrow ?
I’m for going with Burrow but there should be a plan to go with that. It means taking the best 0line player available in Round 2 and signing the best Oline player in Free Agency. You have to give this guy tools to succeed. You can’t roll with Hart, price and Jordan. Round 3, you take the best available LB and you sign the best available LB in Free Agency. Round 4, you also go LB or Oline. This is an actual plan that makes some sense and they can totally afford. They won’t have a plan though, they’ll just wing it in the draft and in free agency because they truly don’t give a fruck one way or another. It’s frustrating because most fans on here have a vision on how to improve that is affordable. This group has shit plans. We all knew Hart was a turd and they somehow thought to overpay and have him as option A at that position. Let’s analyze that one decision for a minute. You have to be as stupid as a cold turd or not give a damn to do that, there is no other answer. Well, maybe they are both. Gio is decent but they pay him twice of what his value is. Draft a blocking TE in Round 2. It’s mind boggling of how shitty they run things. These are all obvious, obvious, obvious things. Honestly, the team that we all root for is a fruckin joke. I just wish that the NFL took more pride in how they let owners operate. They obviously don’t care either.
Reply/Quote
Chase young
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So what you are saying is that you wanted to draft Manziel because his stats proved he was the best in college football, correct?

And do you know who's SEC yardage mark Burrow is trying to break?  Tim Couch.  

You have to look beyond the numbers.  Hard to believe that the greatest QB in the history of college football couldn't even get on the filed at OSU.

I am not sure your last point is valid. Tom Brady could not get on the field for Michigan early in his career either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 03:34 PM)JBSmooth Wrote: Yeah, and it's hard to trust a team who has drafted:

Fisher, Obguehui, Sample, Ross and Price in the last 5 years. 

Wow. Those names you read off are pretty damn scary. Of those names I liked the Price pick initially. Fml. Sample was drafted in round 2 I just remembered.
Reply/Quote
Everyone saying Chase is a sure thing must not remember Vernon Gholston. 14 sacks as a senior, set combine records, then... bust.

If you have a glaring need at QB and a great QB prospect is there, you take the QB. Even if Chase is the real deal, a DE isn't turning this franchise around. If I owned the Bengals, I'm...

1. Cutting Cordy Glenn and Andy Dalton, which will clear around $27 million.
2. Looking to trade Dre Kirkpatrick
3. Looking at right guards/tackles and LB's in free agency
4. Drafting Joe Burrow
5. Spend the rest of the draft looking for pass rushers and help for Burrow

I think this team can easily set itself up well AND get the franchise QB. We don't need 500 picks. We just need a willing Mike Brown.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
what if Justin Fields applies for supplemental draft then we can have both Young and Fields
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: SF was not interested in Green.  They needed a guy who could play and help them win.

You are wrong.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/10/20/niners-aggressively-pursuing-multiple-options-at-wr-including-a-j-green-report/
Reply/Quote
This pick could determine the fate of the franchise. It’s that important.

The Colts wouldn’t still be in Indianapolis if they didn’t draft Peyton Manning.

Let’s hope if it’s Burrow, he has the type of impact Manning had for the Colts. He’ll, I’d settle for a Palmer type of impact.
Reply/Quote
Let's not put another rookie behind this online. Get Young then sign some good FA lbs, oline. Draft a QB next year....maybe Fields.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 03:06 PM)JBSmooth Wrote: Would you:

Tag AJ Green.  Trade him, the #2 pick (33 overall) and next years First Round Pick for the Second overall pick in this draft?

Get Young and Burrow.

In what world would a team trade their first round pick for an aging WR who hasn't played a game in a year and a half?
Reply/Quote
I still take Tua #1. If its between burrow and chase young ill take chase young all day.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:41 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I still take Tua #1. If its between burrow and chase young ill take chase young all day.

Taking Tua #1OA would be the most Bengals thing to do ever. You must be that Mikey...

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Taking Tua #1OA would be the most Bengals thing to do ever. You must be that Mikey...

Talk to me in 4 years.  Im sure your gonna look real smart.

In all my years of watching football I havent been this confident in a qb since andrew luck. It sucks tua got injured but he should be fully healthy for training camp. I would probably trade down a few spots if by draft time his stock hasnt recoverd but no way do I draft burrow over him.

The draft is about drafting players who go on to have all pro careers not who is healthier as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
Uh... a writer on WalterFootball.com likens Burrows to an Andy Dalton / Derek Carr type quarterback. So is that an upgrade or a sidegrade?

Just do simple things like....
1. Keep Andy Dalton for 1 last year to mentor and hold seat for.....
2. Trade #1 overall draft pick to the Dolphins for #4 and #16 and #36 according to trade value chart
3. Draft OT Andrew Thomas at #4, Tua at #16, and BPA at 36 (hopefully a good linebacker)

Bring Tua along very slow in rehab, culture, and learning.

You can thank me later.

To save this franchise... Dear Brown family, please hire me for chump change. Thank you!
Reply/Quote
Walter does a good job compiling visits during the off-season, but the actual scouting on the site is suspect at best.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 07:25 PM)blt4584 Wrote: Walter does a good job compiling visits during the off-season, but the actual scouting on the site is suspect at best.

I've been a regular on that site for around 10 years and I concur.

Walter is pretty stubborn on some players and teams, and often slots us with the a red flag player "cuz Bengals".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:54 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Let's not put another rookie behind this online.  Get Young then sign some good FA lbs, oline.  Draft a QB next year....maybe Fields.

We aren't.

Jonah Williams, Cordy Glenn, Hopkins, Miller are all back.  Of course Hart is as well.  Spend a 2nd round pick on the best available O-lineman and add another through free agency and you have the problem solved.

If you fix that O-line, you aren't anywhere near the top 5 and it will cost a fortune to move up for Fields or another guy.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 07:14 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Talk to me in 4 years.  Im sure your gonna look real smart.

In all my years of watching football I havent been this confident in a qb since andrew luck.  It sucks tua got injured but he should be fully healthy for training camp.  I would probably trade down a few spots if by draft time his stock hasnt recoverd but no way do I draft burrow over him.

The draft is about drafting players who go on to have all pro careers not who is healthier as a rookie.

It's interesting that you are so sure about a QB prospect who was played his worst against the best competition - despite having all of that talent around him.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 07:14 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Talk to me in 4 years.  Im sure your gonna look real smart.

In all my years of watching football I havent been this confident in a qb since andrew luck. It sucks tua got injured but he should be fully healthy for training camp. I would probably trade down a few spots if by draft time his stock hasnt recoverd but no way do I draft burrow over him.

It’s always a good idea to check your grammar in a post questioning someone else’s intelligence... lol

Also, bringing up Andrew Luck, who couldn’t stay healthy, and is already out of the league before 30, probably isn’t the best comparison when trying to say Tua is worth the risk.

Reply/Quote
They could get a kings ransom for Chase Young, and keep Dalton one more year
Reply/Quote