Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase returns to practice
(11-24-2022, 12:29 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm glad it looks like he'll be back this week. But I would expect them to limit him quite a bit. But just being on the field will have a major impact.

Zac basically said it was his job to protect Chase from himself.  He wouldn't say if Ja'Marr was playing or not or if he was on a snap count if he did play.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 07:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be a blessing in disguise, the Chase injury. Could of really helped Burrow gain chemistry with everybody else as he 
was kind of forcing the ball to Chase early this season instead of just hitting the open man and taking what the Defense 
gives him. Like you said, could be really fun.

I agree 100%.  Of course we never wanted it to happen, but Chase will be a man possessed when he is back full strength.  He will want to catch up to those of him ahead on the yardage list (he has professed that he looks at this, and, hey, whatever motivates you buddy) and be tough to stop, but if teams decide to use all their resources to try and hold him down, Burrow has shows much more "take what is given" play than ever before. 

It could work the same for Mixon, even though he had his massive game a week BEFORE the bye.  A couple weeks of rest might really benefit him down the stretch as well.  

It all seems to be coming together: 

Tackle play was best it had been all year against steelers

Run game came on against Carolina and even though it wasn't that good against pitt, 24 rushes for 62 yards, I don't remember any of them being for negative yardage.   The point being they maintained some sense of balance.  Another way of looking at it:   A sack for a 10 yard loss is worse than a 2 yard rush.

Hurst, Mixon, Boyd, Irwin, and Higgins all stepping up in Chase's absence

Chase returning

Reader returning

Defensive Ends consistently strong, even if not a ton of sacks, good pressure rate and run-stuffing keeping contain

CTB learning and improving every week.  Might be the best tackling guy in the secondary.

Pratt and Wilson are playing outstanding at the LB position

The one big, looming question heading in to this week is the same one that we had heading in to the draft and season:  Who will play LG?  We know it is Volson, and he is doing pretty well, but this week will be his biggest test yet.  We all saw what Jeffrey Simmons did to the line last year.  If Volson can just hold him down a bit.  I'm sure Perine will be looking to help on passing downs.  But this is a huge test to see how far Volson and the rest of the interior can hold up against probably the best defensive interior in the league. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Volson has played well. being a 4th round pick means we can develop a late round guy. 1 or 2 more like Volson it will make up for Price , Obueghi, and Fisher. Tobin track record with OL has been inconsistent but with picks like Volson you cant call it terrible
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 12:46 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Volson has played well. being a 4th round pick means we can develop a late round guy. 1 or 2 more like Volson it will make up for Price , Obueghi, and Fisher. Tobin track record with OL has been inconsistent but with picks like Volson you cant call it terrible

And this has to do with Chase, how?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 12:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote:

And this has to do with Chase, how?

The post prior to mine was talking about Volson going against Simmons.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/wrightreportt/status/1596558521968959488?s=46&t=BuWH6P_mVzKBI0pwC9sbBA

Malik making it sound like Chase is out tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, been reported all over now he’s out tomorrow ffs.

So that’s Mix,Chido and Chase a win tomorrow in adversity like this would put the AFC on. Price.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 11:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I agree 100%.  Of course we never wanted it to happen, but Chase will be a man possessed when he is back full strength.  He will want to catch up to those of him ahead on the yardage list (he has professed that he looks at this, and, hey, whatever motivates you buddy) and be tough to stop, but if teams decide to use all their resources to try and hold him down, Burrow has shows much more "take what is given" play than ever before. 

It could work the same for Mixon, even though he had his massive game a week BEFORE the bye.  A couple weeks of rest might really benefit him down the stretch as well.  

It all seems to be coming together: 

Tackle play was best it had been all year against steelers

Run game came on against Carolina and even though it wasn't that good against pitt, 24 rushes for 62 yards, I don't remember any of them being for negative yardage.   The point being they maintained some sense of balance.  Another way of looking at it:   A sack for a 10 yard loss is worse than a 2 yard rush.

Hurst, Mixon, Boyd, Irwin, and Higgins all stepping up in Chase's absence

Chase returning

Reader returning

Defensive Ends consistently strong, even if not a ton of sacks, good pressure rate and run-stuffing keeping contain

CTB learning and improving every week.  Might be the best tackling guy in the secondary.

Pratt and Wilson are playing outstanding at the LB position

The one big, looming question heading in to this week is the same one that we had heading in to the draft and season:  Who will play LG?  We know it is Volson, and he is doing pretty well, but this week will be his biggest test yet.  We all saw what Jeffrey Simmons did to the line last year.  If Volson can just hold him down a bit.  I'm sure Perine will be looking to help on passing downs.  But this is a huge test to see how far Volson and the rest of the interior can hold up against probably the best defensive interior in the league. 

I see the same thing, and it is alright Chase is out today. Never wanted him to come back too early.

I still think we can beat the Titans today but if we don't that is alright too. We just need to beat the Chiefs the next week
which I think we can do as we have their number and the Ravens which I think is a give in our place. We could win the rest
of the games besides the Stains and it wouldn't surprise me as they have our number. But even then, if our trenches play 
well against the Stains we can even beat them. The Bills are my question, Volson will continue to improve IMO.

(11-26-2022, 12:46 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Volson has played  well. being a 4th round pick means we can develop a late round guy. 1 or 2 more like Volson it will make up for Price , Obueghi, and Fisher. Tobin track record with OL has been inconsistent but with picks like Volson you cant call it terrible

Yeah, well done on the Volson find. I cannot blame Tobin or the FO for the Fisher pick but the Og and Price picks were
rough, especially the Og pick, never saw anything in that guy, at least Billy got us BJ Hill.
Reply/Quote
As expected, Ja'Marr Chase is scheduled to return this weekend against Kansas City.
Reply/Quote