Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chewbacca mom accused of white privilege
(06-22-2016, 06:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you were an employer and you knew "scientific studies" showed that one applicant was 3 times more likely to commit a violent crime than the other, would that  factor into your decision making?

If there was a scientific study about an individual applicant being 3X more likely to commit a violent crime than another individual applicant I would be awestruck that both applicants applied for the position. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-22-2016, 08:33 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: If there was a scientific study about an individual applicant being 3X more likely to commit a violent crime than another individual applicant I would be awestruck that both applicants applied for the position. 

Oh, so our "scientific study" mustnow consider the individual; instead of classes.

I did notice, you didn't answer the question. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-22-2016, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, so our "scientific study" mustnow consider the individual; instead of classes.

You set the parameters bud.  If you would like to clarify with more details, by all means.  
(06-22-2016, 08:49 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You set the parameters bud.  If you would like to clarify with more details, by all means.  

Surprisingly still didn't answer the question. I didn't set any parameters; simply asked a question about what if a scientific study indicated.

Haven't really seen you point to parameters about other scientific studies refereed to in this thread.

Why now?  

(06-22-2016, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Surprisingly still didn't answer the question. I didn't set any parameters; simply asked a question about what if a scientific study indicated.

Haven't really seen you point to parameters about other scientific studies refereed to in this thread.

Why now?  

Do you have a specific scientific study you would like to advance in the discussion?   
(06-22-2016, 08:58 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Do you have a specific scientific study you would like to advance in the discussion?   

Suddenly very interested in the specific study and the specific person. Answer my question and I'll answer yours. Sound fair enough?

(06-22-2016, 06:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you were an employer and you knew "scientific studies" showed that one applicant was 3 times more likely to commit a violent crime than the other, would that factor into your decision making?

Are you suggesting you wouldn't hire prior military?
(06-22-2016, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Suddenly very interested in the specific study and the specific person. Answer my question and I'll answer yours. Sound fair enough?
You're awfully pissy for a guy who still hasn't given me the answer for the cyclic rate for a M4.
(06-22-2016, 09:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're awfully pissy for a guy who still hasn't given me the answer for the cyclic rate for a M4.

...and you're awfully pissy for a guy that didn't know the correct term. We can just "pretend" I knew the answer when I corrected you on the term.

(06-22-2016, 09:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Are you suggesting you wouldn't hire prior military?

Of course I would. Most have shown a strong work ethic and ability to work under adverse conditions. What does that have to do with committing violent crime? 

(06-22-2016, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Suddenly very interested in the specific study and the specific person. Answer my question and I'll answer yours. Sound fair enough?

I would need to believe the "scientific studies" before allowing it to influence my opinion on the matter.  As I said, I don't know of any "scientific studies" on 2 individual participants.  I am assuming you're being vague to get at a point, by all means please proceed.   Can't read your mind here bud.  
(06-22-2016, 10:08 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I would need to believe the "scientific studies" before allowing it to influence my opinion on the matter.  As I said, I don't know of any "scientific studies" on 2 individual participants.  I am assuming you're being vague to get at a point, by all means please proceed.   Can't read your mind here bud.  

This thread is about White Privilege and whether it is a real thing. It is not  was not about individual participants until a question was posed; but allow me to be "more specific" being as you have no idea what I am asking due to vagueness.

The most current FBI study shows that 52% of violent crime
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

Is committed by  13% of the population according to the most recent U.S. census:
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

So do you care to answer the question posed (a long time ago) now? Or do you not believe the US Census and FBI?

(06-22-2016, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, so our "scientific study" mustnow consider the individual; instead of classes.

You hire the individual, not the class, so I would not hold that against them. I have to imagine that many do, though, considering the trends we see in hiring. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-22-2016, 10:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You hire the individual, not the class, so I would not hold that against them. I have to imagine that many do, though, considering the trends we see in hiring. 

Oh, I'm glad the discussion suddenly focuses toward the individual 

(06-22-2016, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I'm glad the discussion suddenly focuses toward the individual 

Well you asked about hiring individuals...

(06-22-2016, 10:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Well you asked about hiring individuals...

Nope, did not. Asked would hiring from a class that was 3 times more likely to commit a violent crime than another class would influence your decision making process. Surprisingly (not really) no one has answered that. 

(06-22-2016, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, did not. Asked would hiring from a class that was 3 times more likely to commit a violent crime than another class would influence your decision making process. Surprisingly (not really) no one has answered that. 

Hiring an individual from that class. I believe your exact words were "one applicant". When you hire people, as I am sure you know, you hire the individual for what they bring. You don't discriminate on the basis of race, sex, etc. 

Also, I answered it by saying I would not hold that against them (would hire them despite that). 

(06-22-2016, 11:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Hiring an individual from that class. I believe your exact words were "one applicant". When you hire people, as I am sure you know, you hire the individual for what they bring. You don't discriminate on the basis of race, sex, etc. 

Also, I answered it by saying I would not hold that against them (would hire them despite that). 

Here's the quote:

If you were an employer and you knew "scientific studies" showed that one applicant was 3 times more likely to commit a violent crime than the other, would that factor into your decision making?

I used the term one to compare to another, but you roll with whatever justifies your hypocrisy. 

Why weren't you concerned with the individual when the "scientific study" showed stats on call backs?

So your answer to the question is that you would not consider one population 3 times more likely to commit violent crime over another when making your hiring choices. 

Oh look...Larry is playing the "I didn't say that" card and calling people names.

I am just shocked.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-22-2016, 11:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's the quote:

If you were an employer and you knew "scientific studies" showed that one applicant was 3 times more likely to commit a violent crime than the other, would that factor into your decision making?

I used the term one to compare to another, but you roll with whatever justifies your hypocrisy. 

Why weren't you concerned with the individual when the "scientific study" showed stats on call backs?

So your answer to the question is that you would not consider one population 3 times more likely to commit violent crime over another when making your hiring choices. 

You're all over the place here. You're asking about whether I would judge one person based on their race, religion, sex, or membership of another class when making a hiring decision, so, yea, you're asking about an individual. 

Somehow this makes me a hypocrite... not sure how not discriminating makes me a hypocrite, but I am sure you'll be able to tell me. 

I'm also not sure how I wasn't concerned about the individual when I cited the Princeton study on callbacks if I was explaining how the individual is ignored and their skin color is looked at.

And, yes, you are aware that my answer is I would not discriminate on the basis on skin color when hiring.