Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals
(01-05-2022, 01:08 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: A buddy of mine is a Chiefs fan and he really didn't complain about the penalties on the last drive, in fact he pointed out to me that the reason Burrow dumped that ball off to Mixon was because Chase got tackled at the top of the screen.  It was Burrow's first read.

I constantly remind myself when the Bengals benefit from calls I think are trash...to just wait, cuz NFL refs indiscreetly screw over every team in the league at a pretty consistent rate.  They're the worst.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:16 AM)cinci4life Wrote: I saw someone posted that video in their NFL riggs games thread and glad they did. The bitching and moaning about the refs and both of the 4th down flags is like anything i've ever seen. I know we've done our fair share of ref complaining but not at the volume that their doing it. It's both sad and hilarious.

Yeah I registered over there and have remained civil but they have a couple that will neg rep you just for being there but mostly are a pretty good and passionate fan base. Yes some of the blame officials but not really any different than us or any team. It's the most common outlet for frustrations after a loss.

Related note...do we not allow fans to post here? I saw Packerbacker but they said they tried to register and were denied.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 11:15 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Yeah I registered over there and have remained civil but they have a couple that will neg rep you just for being there but mostly are a pretty good and passionate fan base. Yes some of the blame officials but not really any different than us or any team. It's the most common outlet for frustrations after a loss.

Related note...do we not allow fans to post here? I saw Packerbacker but they said they tried to register and were denied.

No, because 99/100 times it devolves into a pissing match and troll city, so only Bengal fans can post here.

PB is an exception, as he has commonly put us as his 2nd team and he's ALWAYS positive and encouraging on the boards (ie: not a dick).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 11:15 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Yeah I registered over there and have remained civil but they have a couple that will neg rep you just for being there but mostly are a pretty good and passionate fan base. Yes some of the blame officials but not really any different than us or any team. It's the most common outlet for frustrations after a loss.

Not in Jungle Noise, but they can post in any of the other forums on here ....or at least that used to be the case.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:57 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: I constantly remind myself when the Bengals benefit from calls I think are trash...to just wait, cuz NFL refs indiscreetly screw over every team in the league at a pretty consistent rate.  They're the worst.

....and with so many options to replay, they shouldn't miss a great deal of them. Whatever happened to reviewing PI calls?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

PB is the long-standing exception. But, there was one self-identified Chiefs fan who did post here, in this thread in fact, and his name was Reroka.  He even voted in the Chiefs Game Prediction Thread, voting for the Chiefs to win, natch.  He was civil and so I guess no one reported him.  Doesn't look like he's been online since about halftime Sunday.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Really my boys had no business beating you guys.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 11:47 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Really my boys had no business beating you guys.

We have a few games that we let slip away, that one included.  Thing is, so did all AFCN teams.  Difference is, we already have the AFCN crown, and hopefully soon, some playoff wins to help us forget   ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 11:21 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No, because 99/100 times it devolves into a pissing match and troll city, so only Bengal fans can post here.

PB is an exception, as he has commonly put us as his 2nd team and he's ALWAYS positive and encouraging on the boards (ie: not a dick).

I think that's kinda weak. We should let a limited number of other fans join and then the job of the moderators is to weed out the trolls. If we don't let opposing fans post here we would never have people like Packerbacker. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 11:47 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Really my boys had no business beating you guys.

Honestly, that game should've ended in a tie. You guys had like 4 chances to win and we had like 2 chances to win and so neither team really deserved to win. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 12:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Honestly, that game should've ended in a tie. You guys had like 4 chances to win and we had like 2 chances to win and so neither team really deserved to win. 

You guys outplayed us for the most part.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 12:05 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: I think that's kinda weak. We should let a limited number of other fans join and then the job of the moderators is to weed out the trolls. If we don't let opposing fans post here we would never have people like Packerbacker. 

History has shown that no, it is FAR from weak.

If you were around for the mothership, you'd know...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 11:40 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: PB is the long-standing exception.  But, there was one self-identified Chiefs fan who did post here, in this thread in fact, and his name was Reroka.  He even voted in the Chiefs Game Prediction Thread, voting for the Chiefs to win, natch.  He was civil and so I guess no one reported him.  Doesn't look like he's been online since about halftime Sunday.  

Yeah, it's not uncommon for an opponent's fan to create an account and post during the week leading up to the game. I know a Bills fan has done it once or twice. Typically, they don't stay around and as long as they're not trolling, the posts usually stay up. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 12:05 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: I think that's kinda weak. We should let a limited number of other fans join and then the job of the moderators is to weed out the trolls. If we don't let opposing fans post here we would never have people like Packerbacker. 

I'm 50/50 on agreeing with you here. 

We have some super solid posters on this very board that are fans of other teams, and I don't think that it's necessarily a bad idea to have them post in Jungle Noise. Letting fans of other teams around to join in on the commentary can bring in higher level conversation about your team and your opponent. In theory, it's great. In practice, it just doesn't work all that well. People get butthurt too easily, and the conversation gets away from talking about the Bengals and their opponents, and moves on to personal attacks. And a high percentage of the new ones that join will be here just to troll and cause a problem. 

Some of the most fun that I've had talking about football, and reading others' opinions has been on Reddit's NFL pages. The main NFL sub is well moderated, and has fans of all 32 teams actually discussing each team, and generally being friendly with one another. Even each individual team's sub will have fans of other teams come in, and it doesn't get shitty most of the time. It's odd that this happens on Reddit of all places, where most subs are full of gatekeeping dickholes, but it somehow works with football. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:37 PM)THEWIZARD Wrote: Don't judge Chiefs fans by those guys..The board I frequent has nothing but respect for your team. If KC doesn't make it to the SB I hope they do.

With Burrow and Chase Cincy is a scary team  I think we are going to see some epic battles between him and Mahomes for the next decade just like we seen yesterday.

And yes, Jackson Mahomes is a freakingI idiot.

Cool, a good Chiefs fan, thanks for posting. I was starting to think there were a bunch of classless ones on your boards.

Agreed on the Burrow/Mahomes battles, hope we see many more on down the line. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 12:36 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I'm 50/50 on agreeing with you here. 

We have some super solid posters on this very board that are fans of other teams, and I don't think that it's necessarily a bad idea to have them post in Jungle Noise. Letting fans of other teams around to join in on the commentary can bring in higher level conversation about your team and your opponent. In theory, it's great. In practice, it just doesn't work all that well. People get butthurt too easily, and the conversation gets away from talking about the Bengals and their opponents, and moves on to personal attacks. And a high percentage of the new ones that join will be here just to troll and cause a problem. 

Some of the most fun that I've had talking about football, and reading others' opinions has been on Reddit's NFL pages. The main NFL sub is well moderated, and has fans of all 32 teams actually discussing each team, and generally being friendly with one another. Even each individual team's sub will have fans of other teams come in, and it doesn't get shitty most of the time. It's odd that this happens on Reddit of all places, where most subs are full of gatekeeping dickholes, but it somehow works with football. 

I really want to like Reddit, but the threaded conversations drive me nuts.  Maybe I'm just an old fart though.
Reply/Quote
On Twitter watching Chiefs fans trying to twist Chase being tackled before the ball was thrown into somehow it being Chase's fault AND at the same time claiming that Snead grabbing Boyd's chin strap on the next play was "incidental contact" was actually hilarious. I guess Boyd's helmet rotated off center towards Snead's hand all by itself Big Grin....and at that there are actually TWO fouls by the Chiefs on the game deciding play- look at the hit on Burrow and you see the defender pause, square up then drive into Burrow AFTER the ball was released. Roughing the Passer anyone?

I know we Bengals fans get salty on bad calls but usually the call IS actually iffy or bad - when he get a fully legit call we tend to rip the player for being dumb. This stuff has been next level stupid between their fanbase pregame being all arrogant and smug, then after losing crying like babies.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:12 PM)Earendil Wrote: I really want to like Reddit, but the threaded conversations drive me nuts.  Maybe I'm just an old fart though.

nah, reddit blows. It's a cult full of weirdos
Reply/Quote

Disagreed.  Ours is one of the best set of NFL forums on then et because of how it is run.  Most of the forums are open to other teams fans if hey wish to come here and post.

And finally, our mods are already pushed to the limit.  It is a thankless and unrewarding job.  They do not need the extra work and stress induced by the chaos you suggest.
Reply/Quote

Opposing fans have always been allowed to register on this board.

During the past week, 10 Chiefs fans joined, but only a couple actually posted.
Reply/Quote