Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals
(01-05-2022, 02:12 PM)Earendil Wrote: I really want to like Reddit, but the threaded conversations drive me nuts.  Maybe I'm just an old fart though.

It's cool for if you have a specific hobby that you want to talk about. You can pull a ton of information from it, and it will generally work like a message board, though it's setup is kinda wonky. 

There really isn't much of a difference between Reddit and a message board such as this when it comes to personalities. You'll have some really cool posters, and some that are pretty terrible. Layout though, I much prefer this. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 05:22 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: It's cool for if you have a specific hobby that you want to talk about. You can pull a ton of information from it, and it will generally work like a message board, though it's setup is kinda wonky. 

There really isn't much of a difference between Reddit and a message board such as this when it comes to personalities. You'll have some really cool posters, and some that are pretty terrible. Layout though, I much prefer this. 

I specialize in User Interface and User Experience. Reddit looks like it was designed by the same guy that made Craigslist.  If there were just an option to disable threaded conversations and make it more like a traditional forum, I might be willing to give it a shot.
Reply/Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post
Wow, I cannot believe there are still Mahomes doubters. It boggles the mind. In his career, Nov - Jan, PM2 is 26-1.~67% comp, 8100yds, 60 TD, 13 INT, for a 105 passer rating. BTW those 26, of the 26-1 stat, are consecutive. That's right, folks, Patrick Mahomes has gone undefeated in his last 26 games played in Nov - Jan.

And opposing fans wonder why we speak of PM2 as a cape-sporting uber-QB? Keep doubting. See how it works out for you.
The Chiefs just set a record with their 22nd consecutive wins in November/December. Never been done before and we ARE NOT DONE!

WRONG.... YOU'RE DONE!!!!
Reply/Quote
His November December record’s still damn impressive.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
So here's a post from one of our fans followed by a response from one of their fans.

Originally Posted by Bengal_Guy View Post
I registered just for this thread. The Bengals had two penalties called on them on the final drive. Same number as Chiefs. Both were killer. One took them out of relatively easy FG range and is often a drive killer...holding on 1st and 10 at 24 yard line to 1st and 20 at the 34...why call THAT flag if they wanted Bengals to win?

On goal line, the offsetting penalties cost Bengals a TD. IF no holding call on Bengals, Mixon would have been given a TD on review. Ball crossed before his elbow hit, you can look it up. So refs not only called a penalty on Bengals they also marked him down short. Neither seem indicative of refs nudging Bengals to win. Boyd had to adjust his helmet after the hands to the face...do you really think if the roles were reversed you wouldn't agree with that penalty if it was on Hill?

On Pringles TD...the flag was thrown well before it was obvious he would return for a TD and he was obviously held. The refs had no way to know at that moment of the penalty he would run it back.

I thought the unnecessary roughness call on Chase was BS and there was a ticky tack PI that was also, I thought, a bad call. Otherwise it was a pretty typical Bengals game as far as penalties go. We are one of the least penalized teams in the NFL.

You guys are passionate fans and hurt by the loss so I am not trying to stir sht up. Just trying to bring some opposite view points. Peace

You're nice, but, the holding call on Ward on the 4th down play was BS, it was within 2 yards of the line of scrimmage and he knocked him down an as the video shows, didn't hold him and the ball wasn't thrown his way. That is not a flag. They would have reviewed and Mixon would have scored and then you would have had the ball 4th and goal from the 10 1/2, you then kick a field goal and Patty goes down and breaks your heart.

It's also convenient that you don't mention the two obvious false starts, or Sneeds non pass interference that extended your go ahead touch down drive, or the obvious illegal contact on Hill that stopped the Chiefs 2nd drive, or the Wylie holding penalty that stopped the first drive in the 2nd half, both BS calls. There were more...

However, it still comes down to nearly everything went your way on Sunday and you won by 3. When you come to Arrowhead... everything won't go your way.

The chiefs fan even referenced the video of the two 4th down penalties which is the funny part since it shows Chase getting mugged and he thinks it proves why it wasn't a penalty. Also saying the ball wasn't even thrown that way when Burrow initially was looking that way until he saw the Chase mugging. These guys are just too much.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 09:43 PM)cinci4life Wrote: So here's a post from one of our fans followed by a response from one of their fans.

Originally Posted by Bengal_Guy View Post
I registered just for this thread. The Bengals had two penalties called on them on the final drive. Same number as Chiefs. Both were killer. One took them out of relatively easy FG range and is often a drive killer...holding on 1st and 10 at 24 yard line to 1st and 20 at the 34...why call THAT flag if they wanted Bengals to win?

On goal line, the offsetting penalties cost Bengals a TD. IF no holding call on Bengals, Mixon would have been given a TD on review. Ball crossed before his elbow hit, you can look it up. So refs not only called a penalty on Bengals they also marked him down short. Neither seem indicative of refs nudging Bengals to win. Boyd had to adjust his helmet after the hands to the face...do you really think if the roles were reversed you wouldn't agree with that penalty if it was on Hill?

On Pringles TD...the flag was thrown well before it was obvious he would return for a TD and he was obviously held. The refs had no way to know at that moment of the penalty he would run it back.

I thought the unnecessary roughness call on Chase was BS and there was a ticky tack PI that was also, I thought, a bad call. Otherwise it was a pretty typical Bengals game as far as penalties go. We are one of the least penalized teams in the NFL.

You guys are passionate fans and hurt by the loss so I am not trying to stir sht up. Just trying to bring some opposite view points. Peace

You're nice, but, the holding call on Ward on the 4th down play was BS, it was within 2 yards of the line of scrimmage and he knocked him down an as the video shows, didn't hold him and the ball wasn't thrown his way. That is not a flag. They would have reviewed and Mixon would have scored and then you would have had the ball 4th and goal from the 10 1/2, you then kick a field goal and Patty goes down and breaks your heart.

It's also convenient that you don't mention the two obvious false starts, or Sneeds non pass interference that extended your go ahead touch down drive, or the obvious illegal contact on Hill that stopped the Chiefs 2nd drive, or the Wylie holding penalty that stopped the first drive in the 2nd half, both BS calls. There were more...

However, it still comes down to nearly everything went your way on Sunday and you won by 3. When you come to Arrowhead... everything won't go your way.

The chiefs fan even referenced the video of the two 4th down penalties which is the funny part since it shows Chase getting mugged and he thinks it proves why it wasn't a penalty. Also saying the ball wasn't even thrown that way when Burrow initially was looking that way until he saw the Chase mugging. These guys are just too much.

As you can tell they are delusional. You can't take down a receiver at ANY distance from the LOS. And he's trying to claim that grabbing Boyd's chin strap is legal? When Snead even copped to it right on the video? This whole thing makes no sense. They are in the playoffs. They lost a game - it happens. 

I just don't get fans being arrogant, entitled snots before a game then when they get beaten straight up they melt down and for DAYS afterward act like immature babies. These same "fans" spammed everywhere before the game disrespect with their noses way up in the air and then when they got beat they've been all over social media spamming not only Bengal social media but even sports media and sportscasters (like Kay Adams). 
Reply/Quote
They won’t acknowledge anything. If the Chiefs lose there is some other reason. They can’t answer why the refs would call holding if they want the Bengals to win. They can’t answer why the refs marked Mixon down shirt so they just ignore it and try to divert attention. They also assume Pat was going to drive down with under a minute and no timeouts and score after getting a FG over the last 29 minutes.

I’ll take the one Chief fan here at his word and accept that this particular group of morons is not representative of Chiefs fans in general, because I would have never thought so before. I always thought of them as great fans who set the record for loudness even without a stadium designed to be loud.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 10:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They won’t acknowledge anything. If the Chiefs lose there is some other reason. They can’t answer why the refs would call holding if they want the Bengals to win. They can’t answer why the refs marked Mixon down shirt so they just ignore it and try to divert attention. They also assume Pat was going to drive down with under a minute and no timeouts and score after getting a FG over the last 29 minutes.

I’ll take the one Chief fan here at his word and accept that this particular group of morons is not representative of Chiefs fans in general, because I would have never thought so before. I always thought of them as great fans who set the record for loudness even without a stadium designed to be loud.

All the Chiefs fans I know in real life are normal, reasonable people. So this group, to me at least, is an outlier. It's always the vocal minority that makes everyone else look bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 11:56 PM)Earendil Wrote: All the Chiefs fans I know in real life are normal, reasonable people. So this group, to me at least, is an outlier. It's always the vocal minority that makes everyone else look bad.

I'll buy it for that forum - but what about the jerks spamming Bengals social media and accounts like Kay Adams? 
Reply/Quote
If you read their board they are still in denial that the Bengals might just be a good team and that Joe Burrow is a great QB. They claim that all he did is throw jump balls up to Ja’Marr.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 12:48 AM)Joelist Wrote: I'll buy it for that forum - but what about the jerks spamming Bengals social media and accounts like Kay Adams? 

Could be some of the same people.  Even if it's not, the Chiefs probably have hundreds of thousands of fans, and the people making a ruckus on social media probably number less than 100.

As much as we like to think it, other fan bases aren't full of buttholes.  Except the Steelers of course.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:21 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: If you read their board they are still in denial that the Bengals might just be a good team and that Joe Burrow is a great QB. They claim that all he did is throw jump balls up to Ja’Marr.

Interesting when he really didn't throw any jump balls to speak of. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:38 AM)Joelist Wrote: Interesting when he really didn't throw any jump balls to speak of. 

Also interesting that they couldn't stop it... Reminds me of people 20 years ago that complained that all Shaq did was dunk. Stop it then.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:38 AM)Joelist Wrote: Interesting when he really didn't throw any jump balls to speak of. 

Exactly. I look at it as Ja’Marr beating his man one in one…every time 
Reply/Quote
I got a laugh out of this post...from a Patriot's board

Triumph said:
Because people are crying that the Refs robbed them in Cincy.

Jesus QueefsPlanet is blowing up over that.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:21 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: If you read their board they are still in denial that the Bengals might just be a good team and that Joe Burrow is a great QB. They claim that all he did is throw jump balls up to Ja’Marr.

That's what most of us have said about Herbert. That said, I think most of what he did against us was throw jump balls that his receivers made him look good on. 
Reply/Quote
Next Chiefs win is a "rigged" win.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 06:00 PM)TheFan Wrote: That's what most of us have said about Herbert. That said, I think most of what he did against us was throw jump balls that his receivers made him look good on. 

It's true about Herbert.. All you gotta do is watch the tape to see it..
Reply/Quote
I found the infamous Chief fan….Titty Meat

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
I saw Tomkat over there stirring shit up lol..
Reply/Quote