Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chiefs game FLEXED
(10-09-2018, 12:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals playing an UNDEFEATED top ranked Chiefs team?

IF you are assuming the Chiefs will beat the Pats in New England?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 11:40 AM)clevelandsdad Wrote:
Here we go again...

This is awesome.  They will be traveling back from Mexico City the previous week after playing a tough Rams defense.  I could still see them winning that game, but I would sure love to be going in there 5-1 vs. their 6-0.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well this sucks. Bengals have to worry about beating Pittsburgh next week and can't look ahead. I hope the Bengals get players back healthy.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 01:55 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: IF you are assuming the Chiefs will beat the Pats in New England?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400951566

Anything’s possible
Reply/Quote
is Peter Warrick still around?
cause god knows Alex Erickson wont be taking back a punt 76 yds to pay dirt
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 12:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I'm excited for it.  The next two games will let us know exactly where this team stands, compared to the current NFL frontrunners.

Right, the next two weeks will tell us a lot about whether we're contenders or pretenders. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 01:55 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: IF you are assuming the Chiefs will beat the Pats in New England?

Well, maybe not.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 11:49 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Gotta get used to playing in prime time, if your goal is to play in the playoffs and beyond.

Spot on TomKat. We will never get over the hump if we don't learn to win in Primetime.

I find this to be great news and just another challenge this team needs to take on in order to make a deep Playoff run
and hopefully win the Superbowl. This team is different and has lots of fight in them and our Defense just showed up.

Price should be back soon and for the Chiefs game. I think we can beat these guys as long as we cover and tackle well
and get after Mahomes. We can certainly score on that Defense.
Reply/Quote
My only concern is beating Pittsburgh this week.

We take care of that and I'll be totally psyched for Kansas City

One thing at a time.   But I'm excited for the opportunity here.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spot on TomKat. We will never get over the hump if we don't learn to win in Primetime.

I find this to be great news and just another challenge this team needs to take on in order to make a deep Playoff run
and hopefully win the Superbowl. 

Don't know what you are talking about.

We are 1-0 in our last one prime time games.  Based on that history we should win.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
Teryl Austin better get his head out of his ass for this one.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 02:18 PM)3wt Wrote: My only concern is beating Pittsburgh this week.

We take care of that and I'll be totally psyched for Kansas City

One thing at a time.   But I'm excited for the opportunity here.

Well said. Our next game is the most important. Nothing else matters for this week. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Damn but we want them undefeated against us i think it’d be better then if New England beats them this week and they are coming home mad after first loss.

Bengals in Primetime

21-50
9-24 under marvin
7-39 on the road
1-16 on the road under Marvin yikes
3-16 on Sunday night
1-8 on Sunday night under Marvin
1-13 road Sunday night
0-7 road Sunday night under Marvin

BUT 0-0 vs chiefs on Sunday night
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Meh, I'm fine with it. When they start screwing around with the homes games, then I'll be upset. But, they can do what they want with the road games. Hell, make all of them Sundays at 8:20. Knock yourself out, NFL.

But, if it's an advantage for anyone, it's a small one for KC. Guess we'll see if that matters.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Everybody is assuming Kansas City will beat the Patriots this weekend...
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 12:49 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I remember we  beat the 9-0 Chiefs back in 2003,  we can do it!!  (That was with Kitna too)

* FULL GAME*

I believe we also beat them more recently... can't remember them.

That was when Chad guaranteed a win!!!!!!!!

That's one of the things that make him one of the Bengals greats and made him so awesome before he became a d bag!  He believed in the team and loved being here before Drew Rosendouche go into his head!

I love this but hopefully Marvin lets the coordinators do what they do and doesn't try to outsmart anyone, even though he has done ok this season.

We don't need to go run-heavy or pass-heavy, but rather we need balance on the road in a hostile environment, which is something Marvin struggles with.  We'll get our big plays by just wearing the defense down.

We need to get after Mahomes, double Kelce so he can't destroy us, and just play off of Hill..........  give up plays underneath all day.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 02:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know what you are talking about.

We are 1-0 in our last one prime time games.  Based on that history we should win.

Ninja

Sarcasm with the mask?

You are the stats guy Fred.  How many times has this team gone .500 in ANY 'big stage' games, including playoffs and England, when they've had two or more games in a season?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 05:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Sarcasm with the mask?

You are the stats guy Fred.  How many times has this team gone .500 in ANY 'big stage' games, including playoffs and England, when they've had two or more games in a season?

2013 Bengals went 4-0 against playoff teams in the regular season beating Green Bay, New England, Indianapolis, and San Diego.
Reply/Quote
Chiefs have started strong many times, then kind of fizzle out.

Since 1991 they have won 4 playoff games and have only played in one SB, winning in 1969.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 2013 Bengals went 4-0 against playoff teams in the regular season beating Green Bay, New England, Indianapolis, and San Diego.

Again, that's not what I asked.  In franchise history, how many times have they gone .500 in big stage games, when they've played 2 or more in a season?
Reply/Quote