Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China Joe Biden Tax Proposal
(10-09-2020, 03:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Talk to anyone who take insulin, they will tell you [b]Trump's plan [/b{has saved them thousands a year in costs. Also, look at last 2 years on health insurance costs, Obama and Biden said it was norm to go up 10 to 20% a year. Last two years, my health insurance costs have stayed the same. So, to say Trump has done nothing is wrong and a lie.
Of course, the middle class know it is true, they know their deductible (company sponsored health insurance)  spiked from $1000 a year per family to $5000 to $10,000 per family.

Again, yes Pelosi should have fixed it with McConnell. Pelosi ushered in a failed Obamacare plan and she should have fixed it.

Bullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. There’s no Trump healthcare plan therefore Trump’s plan can’t lower prices if it doesn’t exist.

My deductibles have not spike to $5K-10K with different plans offered by different employers since Obamacare.

You don’t have the first clue.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 03:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What did Trump do to keep your health insurance costs from increasing?

Not a god damn thing.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 03:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The great thing about your comments is Joe Biden spent 47 years writing or approving tax codes so to suggest someone is not ethical following the law is a stretch.

It is also America, if you feel guilty or have extra cash, the government will accept your extra tax money without delay. So, please pay more than you owe by all means.

And Trump is the one who passed a tax plan that has raised my taxes significantly in less than 4 years. Not something to brag about.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 03:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Talk to anyone who take insulin, they will tell you Trump's plan has saved them thousands a year in costs. Also, look at last 2 years on health insurance costs, Obama and Biden said it was norm to go up 10 to 20% a year. Last two years, my health insurance costs have stayed the same. So, to say Trump has done nothing is wrong and a lie.
Of course, the middle class know it is true, they know their deductible (company sponsored health insurance)  spiked from $1000 a year per family to $5000 to $10,000 per family.

Again, yes Pelosi should have fixed it with McConnell. Pelosi ushered in a failed Obamacare plan and she should have fixed it.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/aug/03/donald-trump/trump-inflates-insulin-help-seniors/

Quote:Trump said that his executive order had produced a steep drop in the price of insulin, and urged seniors to take note. No one can predict what the future will bring, but setting that aside, Trump’s move focused on a limited slice of the insulin market.

His executive order touched less than 20% of the clinics that might provide insulin through a key government drug discount program. That drug program itself represents perhaps 10% of the total prescription drug market.

The latest market analysis shows that between 2017 and 2018, insulin copays for seniors rose by about 10%.

Trump’s efforts to make insulin more affordable for seniors may have helped some, but have yet to prove themselves.

Your statement that "Anyone who takes insulin will tell you Trump saved them thousands", is false. As to your health insurance costs "staying the same" that in itself can be more complex than simply looking at what you pay. If you are using an employer provided health insurance your employer could have chosen to simply eat more of the costs rather than passing them off as my company has.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 03:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Come on Fred, you are a smart guy and if you looked it up after Trump cuts, the US treasury took in more MONEY, NOT LESS. We have a spending issue, but tax cuts were paying for themselves, that is not BS, that is a fact. Look it up.

The only reason we took in more money was because the economy was artificially inflated with an extra $300 billion in deficit spending.

When you make a budget you can't say one side counts and the other does not.  When you spend more than you make it is because of spending AND income.  The bottom line is all that matters and Trump did not budget for the tax cuts.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 03:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Trumps problem is he has been promising a plan for sometime and it hasn't been produced. Last I heard, about 2 months ago, was (He said) it would come fourth in about 2 weeks. He needs to be straight forward on the release of their plan because saying two weeks and not having it out by then is untrustworthy. 

Yeah, that may be one of his biggest obstacles com election time. 

He was supposed to repeal and replace with a great plan. He was pressed for the plan in debates and just answered with 'it's great and we're going to have it ready soon.' But it never showed up. Now, from the sound of things, his plan appears to just be $200 coupons to Medicaid recipients?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 03:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trump and federal government don't collect state or local taxes. If you have an issue, call your governor on state taxes, they can do things to offset.

The issue you are quoting is a real issues, but guess what it is a blue state issue because blue states rip on their citizens with extremely high property taxes. It is a state issue and I should not pay more taxes so a state like NY can charge more for property taxes.

Eh, I live in Kentucky. We've been a red state for quite some time. Like, the last several tax increases.

Although we did just elect a Democrat governor by a whopping 4,000 votes. Which, considering the amazing POS we had in office, that's discouragingly small. 

And, no, that's not exaggerating. Bevin sold pardons to child predators (at least one of whom already re-offended), made his buddy the highest paid public employee in the history of the state and a laundry list of abuses.

EDIT to add: Kentucky has some of the lowest property taxes, and cheapest property. So... I'm not real sure your line of thinking is on target.
Reply/Quote
Just went to the Warren County Board Elections and dropped off my ballot. One more vote for "Sleepy" "China" Joe!!!!!! BOOYAH!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 04:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And Trump is the one who passed a tax plan that has raised my taxes significantly in less than 4 years. Not something to brag about.

Congrats on being a high earner!  As for meager old me, my tax obligation has actually decreased by over $2K.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
There's a Chinese dude who is also named Joe Biden?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 03:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why would anyone think Obamacare was a success?

BTW...POTUS and every Republican has pledged to make sure all pre-existing conditions are kept in any new plan so don't fall for the..but, they will remove them.

Not happening, just one more lie from the left to scare people.

Why can't China Virus Donald come up with something better?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 04:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Actually, if you want lower taxes and more freedom you should be a libertarian.  

Libertarians don't have a propaganda news channel to spread the gospel.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 03:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Come on Fred, you are a smart guy and if you looked it up after Trump cuts, the US treasury took in more MONEY, NOT LESS. We have a spending issue, but tax cuts were paying for themselves, that is not BS, that is a fact. Look it up.

So, this is misleading. The overall dollar amount of money increased, but that is explained by an increase in GDP that was trending upwards at the time. For FY18, the first year for the impact of the tax act, the revenue increased from FY17 but as a percentage of GDP the receipts from taxes decreased. So we saw a negative impact on the revenues from the tax bill, plus we saw increased spending which meant larger deficit by dollar amount year-on-year and a larger deficit by percentage of GDP.

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/2018-11/54647-MBR.pdf

Edit to add: it should be noted that while GDP did increase, the growth maintained the same trend from FY16 to FY17 and slowed between FY18 and FY19, meaning the tax act could not be seen as having a causal effect on the GDP in either way, really.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 07:17 PM)jason Wrote: Libertarians don't have a propaganda news channel to spread the gospel.

We are old school grass roots crazy. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Congrats on being a high earner!  As for meager old me, my tax obligation has actually decreased by over $2K.

I’m making an estimated tax payment of $1700/quarter in addition to what they take out of my check normally. I do earn more than most, but I am by no means wealthy. So it just baffles me that people fall for Trump’s BS. And it pisses me off he passed a tax plan that makes me pay more income tax than he does.
Reply/Quote