Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China seizes U.S. Naval drone
You would think Ben Carson's background would lends itself to something like Surgeon General or Health and Human Services Secretary, but Carson apparently was quoted as saying his "background didn't prepare him to run a federal agency." So Secretary of HUD is a natural fit.
(12-20-2016, 04:35 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Education, training, and experience in public works, community planning, banking, finance, economics, mortgage brokerage, real estate and real estate development, possible even civil engineering would all be helpful I would imagine.

and ben carson has none of that
People suck
(12-20-2016, 04:17 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What qualifications are required for the position?

Going off the last secretaries, some prior experience has included:

-Mayor and council member of the 7th largest city in the country

-deputy within HUD, FHA commissioner, and NYC commissioner of housing preservation and development

-Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration (This person was criticized as not having the right experience. Bush stated that he nominated him for his finance background). 

-President of the  Housing Authority of the City of Dallas, CEO of a utility company servicing an urban area, Deputy Sec of HUD

-Governor's Growth Management Study Commission, President of the Orlando Utilities Commission, chairman of the Orlando Housing Authority, and US senator. 

-founded Housing Enterprise for the Less Privileged (HELP), chair of the New York City Homeless Commission, Assistant Secretary for Community Planning and Development (under HUD)

-Mayor and council member of San Antonio

-9 term congressman known for focusing on poverty and urban issues.
-state delegate, New Orleans council member, New Orleans mayor.

-general counsel for Dept of Commerce, undersecretary department of commerce

- Governor of Michigan

- professor of poli sci at MIT, under secretary of HUD

- Housing advisor to FDR, New York State Rent Commissioner, vice chairman of the New York City Housing and Redevelopment Board, Administrator  of the Housing and Home Finance Agency

There were three more, all with the least direct experience, that were attorneys for the government.

Carson's experience: Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at John Hopkins
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-21-2016, 11:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Going off the last secretaries, some prior experience has included:

-Mayor and council member of the 7th largest city in the country

-deputy within HUD, FHA commissioner, and NYC commissioner of housing preservation and development

-Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration (This person was criticized as not having the right experience. Bush stated that he nominated him for his finance background). 

-President of the  Housing Authority of the City of Dallas, CEO of a utility company servicing an urban area, Deputy Sec of HUD

-Governor's Growth Management Study Commission, President of the Orlando Utilities Commission, chairman of the Orlando Housing Authority, and US senator. 

-founded Housing Enterprise for the Less Privileged (HELP), chair of the New York City Homeless Commission, Assistant Secretary for Community Planning and Development (under HUD)

-Mayor and council member of San Antonio

-9 term congressman known for focusing on poverty and urban issues.
-state delegate, New Orleans council member, New Orleans mayor.

-general counsel for Dept of Commerce, undersecretary department of commerce

- Governor of Michigan

- professor of poli sci at MIT, under secretary of HUD

- Housing advisor to FDR, New York State Rent Commissioner, vice chairman of the New York City Housing and Redevelopment Board, Administrator  of the Housing and Home Finance Agency

There were three more, all with the least direct experience, that were attorneys for the government.

Carson's experience: Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at John Hopkins

...and he sucks up to Trump.  That's probably the most important.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-21-2016, 11:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Carson's experience: Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at John Hopkins

You forgot amateur Egyptologist. 
(12-21-2016, 11:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You forgot amateur Egyptologist. 

You guys are woefully unprepared to live in Trump's Amerika. I will try to help.

(Spoken as if talking to a class of kindergarten students) "Why sure Ben Carson has experience. People know him and he's black. Black people live in HUD housing, and he is black. I don't think you realize how important that is. That makes him really, really qualified. He's going to be a good HUD Secretary. A really, really good secretary. You will be glad he was picked."
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(12-21-2016, 11:40 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: You guys are woefully unprepared to live in Trump's Amerika. I will try to help.

(Spoken as if talking to a class of kindergarten students) "Why sure Ben Carson has experience. People know him and he's black. Black people live in HUD housing, and he is black. I don't think you realize how important that is. That makes him really, really qualified. He's going to be a good HUD Secretary. A really, really good secretary. You will be glad he was picked."
Well......
How many crusty old white guys would be able to go to the hood, discuss needs, and come out alive, huh....huh ?

More seriously though, even with all of his faults, Carson can and is willing to be a role-model with a hands-on approach.
He spoke of community involvement/building/mentoring, when visiting my tiny little town.
I know he got the job for jumping on the Trump train early, but he may actually care enough to pursue real results, for all people.
(12-21-2016, 11:40 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: You guys are woefully unprepared to live in Trump's Amerika. I will try to help.

Please don't spell America with a "k", it triggers me.
(12-21-2016, 12:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Please don't spell America with a "k", it triggers me.

Mentioning triggers, triggers me. 
(12-21-2016, 12:30 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Well......
How many crusty old white guys would be able to go to the hood, discuss needs, and come out alive, huh....huh ?

More seriously though, even with all of his faults, Carson can and is willing to be a role-model with a hands-on approach.
He spoke of community involvement/building/mentoring, when visiting my tiny little town.
I know he got the job for jumping on the Trump train early, but he may actually care enough to pursue real results, for all people.

"Plus, he is like a kid doctor. A really, really good kid doctor. He can fix the kids when he goes out to see the HUD houses. And I think he lived in a HUD house once back when he was poor, Really, really poor." 
(12-21-2016, 12:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Mentioning triggers, triggers me. 

Me too, we've created an infinite causality loop!
(12-21-2016, 12:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Mentioning triggers, triggers me. 

[Image: 1042_1404409060.jpg]

Roy Rogers and Trigger.
(12-21-2016, 12:45 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: 1042_1404409060.jpg]

Roy Rogers and Trigger.
Ahhhh...beat me to it !
(12-21-2016, 01:30 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Ahhhh...beat me to it !

I guess I was just..... trigger happy.
(12-21-2016, 12:45 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: 1042_1404409060.jpg]

Roy Rogers and Trigger.

Now that triggers a memory. Have you ever ate at a Roy Rogers restaurant?  They're kinda like Arby's, but not as classy. They had these small oak barrels tipped on their side with a western saddle resting on top. Well, my brother pulled one of these . . . 

. . . fell to the ground and began writhing across the floor. 

This triggered our grandfather, "Can't take you god damn kids anywhere!  Get off the god damn floor and act like you got some god damn sense!"
(12-21-2016, 03:00 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I guess I was just..... trigger happy.
What you did there....... I seen it.

(12-21-2016, 03:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Now that triggers a memory. Have you ever ate at a Roy Rogers restaurant?  They're kinda like Arby's, but not as classy. They had these small oak barrels tipped on their side with a western saddle resting on top. Well, my brother pulled one of these . . . 

. . . fell to the ground and began writhing across the floor. 

This triggered our grandfather, "Can't take you god damn kids anywhere!  Get off the god damn floor and act like you got some god damn sense!"

Now THAT'S parenting !!
People look at me like they're speed-dialing Children's Services, anytime I get remotely close to a tone like that.
If they stare too long, I just ask "Do YOU want her ?"...lol

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk