Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chip Kelly
He needs to be our next OC. I know the man wants to be a head coach. That opportunity may not come this year. If it does not what better place to come than Cincinnati? Our assistant coaches are getting head coaching jobs very frequently. Bring him in to a loaded roster and watch him make us the #1 offense.

His offenses while being the head coach in Philly

2013 #2 in the league
2014 #5 in the league
2015 #12 in the league

Bengals highest rank in those years was 2013 with the 10th ranked offense.

He had an Eagles offense with less talent than our team ranked high than the Bengals every year he was Philly.

He doesn't get to make final calls on the roster. So the problems that arose in Philly will not show up here.

Bring him in and enjoy the offensive fireworks while they last until he gets another call for a head coach job.
Reply/Quote
No

Reply/Quote
Will never happen. My guess is that Kelly would rather sit out a season and wait for either a major college job or another NFL head coaching gig in 2017.
Reply/Quote
Than to see Andy have to go through another OC..

Nah.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
The guy who misused Demarco Murray all season? Nope.

It was idiotic watching him gives pitches to Murray all season.
Reply/Quote
Chip Kelly was a terrible head coach, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good OC.

His problems were usually with his defenses.

It would be a boom or bust experiment... which is how it was in Phili as well and he busted.

It's risky but could be good, who knows. Mike Martz was a terrible HC was a great OC.
Reply/Quote
Its very intriguing but for someone reason I would be hesitant to pull the trigger.

If Im Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis I get some feedback from Andy and see who he would be most comfortable with
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Chip Kelly? The shiny has worn off.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:56 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: The guy who misused Demarco Murray all season? Nope.

It was idiotic watching him gives pitches to Murray all season.

Murray was called out by his own team for running like a soft batch chump.

A free agent bust is nothing new. He got paid and slacked off.
Reply/Quote
If he is, we might get Tim Tebow in training camp. Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:48 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Will never happen.  My guess is that Kelly would rather sit out a season and wait for either a major college job or another NFL head coaching gig in 2017.

I don't think he is in position to just wait it out. Doug Marrone voluntarily gave up his head coach job with the Bills and still hasn't found a new one. Chip said he wants to stay in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Murray was called out by his own team for running like a soft batch chump.

A free agent bust is nothing new. He got paid and slacked off.

Even if Murray was playing at the top of his game he is still a north to south runner.
Reply/Quote
Here's the thing. Let's say this for some reason happened. I think I'd work. Chip would come to an offense with talent. A QB who played at TCU, and we all know how they play offense. He's got a RB in Gio that fits what he likes to do. Adding in Andys quick release with the the football, I could see him running a good offense here in cinci.
Reply/Quote
I think he's an idiot. He challenged things Marvin wouldn't have thrown a flag on. I wouldn't be surprised to see Coughlin there, they have twice the talent of the Giants on the roster, even after Chip gave a bunch of good players away. I want no experimental coordinators here. (unless Mikey is considering Brat in which case Kelly would be a great hire)
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:56 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I think he's an idiot. He challenged things Marvin wouldn't have thrown a flag on. I wouldn't be surprised to see Coughlin there, they have twice the talent of the Giants on the roster, even after Chip gave a bunch of good players away. I want no experimental coordinators here. (unless Mikey is considering Brat in which case Kelly would be a great hire)

What is experimental about an offense that was 2nd, 5th, and 12th in the NFL with a combo of Michael Vick, Nick Foles, Mark Sanchez, and Sam Bradford at QB? He has made a name for himself as a coach because he is an offensive master mind. And he won't be the one with the challenge flag.
Reply/Quote
He strikes me as the kind of person whose ego wouldn't allow him to accept anything less than a head coaching position at this point be it college or NFL. Of course none of this is rooted in fact, just a feeling I have about him.
Reply/Quote
DeMarco Murray was not a fit for Philadelphia. However, Chip made the mistake and traded for him. After that, his ego wasn't going to let him bench Murray, even when he was the 3rd best RB on the depth chart. That situation is more on his personnel decision failures than his coaching.

His QB/WR/TE/OL talent in Cincinnati would be the best he's ever had in the NFL...easily.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 06:12 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What is experimental about an offense that was 2nd, 5th, and 12th in the NFL with a combo of Michael Vick, Nick Foles, Mark Sanchez, and Sam Bradford at QB? He has made a name for himself as a coach because he is an offensive master mind. And he won't be the one with the challenge flag.

The great offenses and the horrible defenses were both products of his system. You hurry up every play, push the ball down the field and score quickly, never controlling the ball, just push,push, push. Your defense spends all day on the field, and at the end of the day are exhausted and can't stop anybody so more often than not you lose the game along with piling up injuries to your defense. The glossy offensive ranks and numbers are deceiving and mean little if you don't win the game, you have to control the ball and the clock to keep both squads healthy. Another reason for the great offensive stats are the teams in their division have no defenses, Washington was the best they have to offer, and they made the Packers look like an offensive juggernaut for the first time in two months.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He needs to be our next OC.

His offenses while being the head coach in Philly

2013 #2 in the league
2014 #5 in the league
2015 #12 in the league

In other words they steadily declined as the other teams figured him out. Yes....let's get him.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:47 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: No

^^^^^^^^^^^
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote