Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Chip on their Shoulders?
Maybe this "will he or won't he" or more often " he should refuse to play" thing surrounding Joe Burrow is a blessing in disguise. The players are getting pissed at the total disrespect. Hopefully, it will light a fire to prove the critics wrong that will provide an emotional boost to their play next season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
They are on 4 straight losing seasons.
They haven't won a playoff game in 3 decades.
They were 2-14 last year.

If they needed this Joe Burrow thing in order to give them a chip on their shoulder to boost their play, then they should just forfeit the 2020 season right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 12:15 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They are on 4 straight losing seasons.

If they needed this Joe Burrow thing in order to give them a chip on their shoulder to boost their play, then they should just forfeit the 2020 season right now.

A lot of the players are only responsible for your last point. It’s not Joe Mixon or Tyler Boyd’s fault we haven’t won a playoff game in 30 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 01:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot of the players are only responsible for your last point. It’s not Joe Mixon or Tyler Boyd’s fault we haven’t won a playoff game in 30 years.

The Bengals have gotten worse every year of Joe Mixon's career, with 0 winning seasons. Tyler Boyd is 4/4 on losing seasons in his career.

Neither Joe Mixon nor Tyler Boyd have EVER beaten the Steelers.

....I reiterate, if they needed this Burrow stuff to give them the chip on their shoulder to play better, then they should just forfeit the 2020 season. It shouldn't take Burrow rumors to make them want to get better, and if it does, then there's a lot more wrong with this franchise and it's players than we could have ever guessed.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 01:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Bengals have gotten worse every year of Joe Mixon's career, with 0 winning seasons. Tyler Boyd is 4/4 on losing seasons in his career.

Neither Joe Mixon nor Tyler Boyd have EVER beaten the Steelers.

....I reiterate, if they needed this Burrow stuff to give them the chip on their shoulder to play better, then they should just forfeit the 2020 season. It shouldn't take Burrow rumors to make them want to get better, and if it does, then there's a lot more wrong with this franchise and it's players than we could have ever guessed.

Lol those are 2 of the only players on the team you can definitively say are not part of the problem, but thanks for the stats.

Reply/Quote
Speaking of Boyd and Mixon:

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 02:46 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Speaking of Boyd and Mixon:

Those guys should be pissed about all the disrespect. Burrow will come in having way better weapons than many #1’s have had. Especially if we re-sign AJ.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 01:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lol those are 2 of the only players on the team you can definitively say are not part of the problem, but thanks for the stats.

You are the one who brought up those two players, not me.

You've done absolutely nothing to dispute my belief that this Joe Burrow stuff really being a "blessing in disguise" and the "emotional boost to their play" is a huge crock of shit.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 06:02 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You are the one who brought up those two players, not me.

You've done absolutely nothing to dispute my belief that this Joe Burrow stuff really being a "blessing in disguise" and the "emotional boost to their play" is a huge crock of shit.

Idk about blessing in disguise, but all this is definitely pissing off some of our good players, as evidenced by that tweet from Boyd that Holic posted.

Reply/Quote
Only Hulk Hogan gets better by getting beat down.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 12:15 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They are on 4 straight losing seasons.

The current roster has nothing to do with three decades without a playoff win.  They were 2-14 last year, and so were the SF 49ers a year before that.  I don't think they necessarily need Burrow for a chip on their shoulder, but I think they will have one anyways.  I am really looking forward to see what Taylor and Co. can do in year 2 with Burrow, AJ Green, Jonah Williams, and some help via FA and the draft.  
Reply/Quote
Bengals haven't had a playoff win in 3 decades..... blah blah blah. Kiper was right, they have been to 2 Super Bowls. 4 teams have never even sniffed that. They have been to the playoffs multiple times. Been Division Champions of one of the toughest divisions multiple times. Yet the press seems to think they have never won a game. Make no mistake, all this hoopla about Burrow not wanting to play here is about one thing... they are afraid the Bengals will dominate the Division for the next decade and the darling Stealers are moving to the bottom of the division. Nothing else.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 10:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals haven't had a playoff win in 3 decades..... blah blah blah. Kiper was right, they have been to 2 Super Bowls. 4 teams have never even sniffed that. They have been to the playoffs multiple times. Been Division Champions of one of the toughest divisions multiple times. Yet the press seems to think they have never won a game. Make no mistake, all this hoopla about Burrow not wanting to play here is about one thing... they are afraid the Bengals will dominate the Division for the next decade and the darling Stealers are moving to the bottom of the division. Nothing else.

That doesn't really jive with the media going crazy over the "new look" Browns and Lamar Jackson, though. 
Reply/Quote
To be quite honest I don't really care what motivates them, as long as something does.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 10:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: To be quite honest I don't really care what motivates them, as long as something does.

Agreed.  Burrow can say he wants to win because his neighbor's dog told him to for all I care. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 08:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Only Hulk Hogan gets better by getting beat down.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8008725]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 10:49 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8008725]

Burrow seems more heel than face though.  But I've always pulled for the heels.  Also, Dalton was bland baby face Bob Backlund minus the title reigns. 
Reply/Quote

To get along with people in real life, you need to grant them some level of respect no matter who they are. This is called "not being an asshole," and it is helpful in many situations.

In football, which is not real life, respect has to be earned. A couple of close calls here and there does not constitute respect. I think this is where they lose me with all this. It's fine to be upset they're shitting on you, but don't act like they're supposed to respect you as a football team when you've done little to earn that respect recently.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 11:23 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: To get along with people in real life, you need to grant them some level of respect no matter who they are. This is called "not being an asshole," and it is helpful in many situations.

In football, which is not real life, respect has to be earned. A couple of close calls here and there does not constitute respect. I think this is where they lose me with all this. It's fine to be upset they're shitting on you, but don't act like they're supposed to respect you as a football team when you've done little to earn that respect recently.

That's part of the fun of fandom.  If you ask a Bengals fan if the media is unjustly hating on them they'll say yes.  If you ask a Bengals fan if the media is unjustly hating on the Lions or Redskins they'll say "No that team is a 3-13 pile of trash with a dumbass stubborn owner."
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 10:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals haven't had a playoff win in 3 decades..... blah blah blah. Kiper was right, they have been to 2 Super Bowls. 4 teams have never even sniffed that. They have been to the playoffs multiple times. Been Division Champions of one of the toughest divisions multiple times. Yet the press seems to think they have never won a game. Make no mistake, all this hoopla about Burrow not wanting to play here is about one thing... they are afraid the Bengals will dominate the Division for the next decade and the darling Stealers are moving to the bottom of the division. Nothing else.

:hail: :hail: :hail:
Reply/Quote