Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choose a Back
(09-11-2017, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2 of our 3 RBs ran for very good YPC. What leads you to say this?  

2 full seasons if a piss poor running game. I will admit that I think you'd see improvement if they picked a lead back, and a 3rd down guy, and quit rotating them in. It's impossible to get a rythem playing like that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 02:23 PM)jason Wrote: 2 full seasons if a piss poor running game. I will admit that I think you'd see improvement if they picked a lead back, and a 3rd down guy, and quit rotating them in. It's impossible to get a rythem playing like that.

But you cannot use the last 2 years as a measuring stick for this year as only 2 players are the same. Sorta torn on the should we just roll with one back mentality.

Trade Andy and AJ Green for a couple great olinemen and just run the wishbone.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Giants could use a rb. I would see if they have a backup tackle that would be better than CedO for Hill.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 04:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Giants could use a rb. I would see if they have a backup tackle that would be better than CedO for Hill.

Pretty sure their starter is not better than Ced O
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 02:23 PM)jason Wrote: 2 full seasons if a piss poor running game. I will admit that I think you'd see improvement if they picked a lead back, and a 3rd down guy, and quit rotating them in. It's impossible to get a rythem playing like that.

I agree with this. Our first three series was kind of a circus if you ask me,  1 series Hill next Gio and Mixon.  Admittedly so, I found something more productive to waste my time with after the the debacle to end the 1st half. A lot of backs need to find a grove.
Reply/Quote
Not sure how this thread turned into a Hill witch hunt.

The last thing we need to do is trade any RBs. It's the one position I actually feel fairly confident in. Don't ruin the one good thing this team has going for it.

That being said, the 1 series Hill, 1 series Mixon, 1 series Gio approach doesn't work.

While I was watching other teams on Sunday/Monday, they were discussing how many different personnel packages some of these teams run. Anyone have a number on where the Bengals lie in that spectrum?

WTS, a good offensive coach/coordinator could mix all 3 backs in various formations that are benefitted by their strengths, instead of forcing playcalls based on who is out there.
Reply/Quote