Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We were lied to yet again
(03-11-2018, 05:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You keep re-posting these numbers as if they were true. Please stop spreading misinformation. Here's where you are wrong....

They have $152m in active contracts, but looking at the top 51 contracts (as in the only ones that actually count against the cap) they're at $146.8m.
(Your $14.8m now moves up to $20m.)

The $9m in cap for the draft pool requires other players to get knocked off of that top-51 list. So for every player that you add, you have to remove one, too. They have 11 picks. Even if you remove nothing but leauge-minimum players with 0 years of experience is $480,000. That is at least $5.28m coming off the books.
(The $20m now moves up to ~$25.28m)

- - - - - - - -

So even ignoring 100% of the rollover money (for God knows what reason), the Bengals still have roughly $25.28m.

Please stop spreading apologist misinformation as fact now.

Please stop acting like we only have to pay 51 players .  Last year we ended the season with 13 players on injured reserve, and Brandon wilson started the season on IR.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 04:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think we are overpaying for lame talent. Dumping a few guys and renegotiating some contracts would benefit this team greatly.

When was the last time the Bengals renegotiated the contract of someone who was not about to hit free agency?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 03:49 PM)Trademark Wrote: Last year we were awful. News came out that gave us hope saying Lewis was leaving. We finish the year 7-9 and guess who is back yet again....True we made coaching changes but the truth of the matter is that we are still stuck with Lewis and Brown. Then Lewis comes out and says we are gonna be aggressive in free agency, now reports are coming out that they are only looking to spend $15 million. So we were lied to once again. Same old status quo....

Surely you didn't actually believe those lying mfers.....did you?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Quote:We were lied to yet again

well.....duh
Reply/Quote
Well we do have a player now that will yell for free agents in his Twitter lol until Marvin gags him
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 11:10 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: When was the last time the Bengals renegotiated the contract of someone who was not about to hit free agency?

It's technically not called renegotiating. It's referred to as coming to terms on a team friendly deal.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 03:49 PM)Trademark Wrote: Then Lewis comes out and says we are gonna be aggressive in free agency,

Marvin said "this off season" NOT "in free agency".

But don't let this stop you from starting another dozen threads about this same topic.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 12:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Surely you didn't actually believe those lying mfers.....did you?

I did.

I feel big changes on the way.

But keep up the good work.  We have some new coaches/players that need insulting nicknames.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 05:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You keep re-posting these numbers as if they were true. Please stop spreading misinformation. Here's where you are wrong....

They have $152m in active contracts, but looking at the top 51 contracts (as in the only ones that actually count against the cap) they're at $146.8m.
(Your $14.8m now moves up to $20m.)

The $9m in cap for the draft pool requires other players to get knocked off of that top-51 list. So for every player that you add, you have to remove one, too. They have 11 picks. Even if you remove nothing but leauge-minimum players with 0 years of experience is $480,000. That is at least $5.28m coming off the books.
(The $20m now moves up to ~$25.28m)

- - - - - - - -

So even ignoring 100% of the rollover money (for God knows what reason), the Bengals still have roughly $25.28m.

Please stop spreading apologist misinformation as fact now.
It's not misinformation, and they are true numbers.

Go to the bottom of the page for spotrac, the source, and you'll see it done the same way, the draft pool coming out of the total.  It's also part of why we still have a cap hit for Jake Elliott, who was never on the active roster.

Your point about the 51 being all that is necessary during the off season is valid, and you are welcome to add that $5.25m back into the available funds.  However, there are two problems there.  First, I gave no budget for IR reserves, so that $5.25m is a wash in that regard.  Secondly, plenty of former NFL personnel men have stated that they never calculated with the top 51, as you are going to need to finalize the top 53.
Reply/Quote
Well first day of Free Agency and we do a great deal for Glenn
Maybe now you will give the club a chance instead of shouting "We were lied to again"
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe, just maybe we should wait until Free Agency opens to complain that we did nothing.

Some folks should have listened to bfine's words of wisdom.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 03:49 PM)Trademark Wrote: Last year we were awful. News came out that gave us hope saying Lewis was leaving. We finish the year 7-9 and guess who is back yet again....True we made coaching changes but the truth of the matter is that we are still stuck with Lewis and Brown. Then Lewis comes out and says we are gonna be aggressive in free agency, now reports are coming out that they are only looking to spend $15 million. So we were lied to once again. Same old status quo....

are you ready to start your new thread?? I was not lied to ??? 
Reply/Quote
Popcorn
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did.

I feel big changes on the way.

But keep up the good work.  We have some new coaches/players that need insulting nicknames.

Nah, Mediocre Merv, Son of Paul, and Blodine will suffice for now......hoping we can at least get rid of the one we actually can see leave, and I'll call this offseason an OVERWHELMING success.  With Piano Man out of the way, maybe they can finally fix the Achilles Heel of this team.  The Cedric Ogbuehi experiment is finally over.....now let's end the Blodine Experience.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote