Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We were lied to yet again
(03-11-2018, 05:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: ………………………………………………………………………………Yep and applaud each Bengals fan for it.

It is not been an easy road to haul and those that are still on board are true fans in my book. 

Isn't that the truth. It's like living in an abusive marriage. It's easy to run to the arms of another team. However, it takes courage and strength to stand there each and every year and get kicked in the nuts while yelling, "I love you!"  Hilarious 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 05:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You keep re-posting these numbers as if they were true. Please stop spreading misinformation. Here's where you are wrong....

They have $152m in active contracts, but looking at the top 51 contracts (as in the only ones that actually count against the cap) they're at $146.8m.
(Your $14.8m now moves up to $20m.)

The $9m in cap for the draft pool requires other players to get knocked off of that top-51 list. So for every player that you add, you have to remove one, too. They have 11 picks. Even if you remove nothing but leauge-minimum players with 0 years of experience is $480,000. That is at least $5.28m coming off the books.
(The $20m now moves up to ~$25.28m)

- - - - - - - -

So even ignoring 100% of the rollover money (for God knows what reason), the Bengals still have roughly $25.28m.

Please stop spreading apologist misinformation as fact now.

Exactly! With the rollover money they have approximately 35 mill to use strictly for FA and extensions.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 03:49 PM)Trademark Wrote: Last year we were awful. News came out that gave us hope saying Lewis was leaving. We finish the year 7-9 and guess who is back yet again....True we made coaching changes but the truth of the matter is that we are still stuck with Lewis and Brown. Then Lewis comes out and says we are gonna be aggressive in free agency, now reports are coming out that they are only looking to spend $15 million. So we were lied to once again. Same old status quo....

We signed Baker and talked to Coleman. That's aggressive for us.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 07:14 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: We signed Baker and talked to Coleman. That's aggressive for us.

Oh yay, a bum DT that had locker room issues and a bum safety
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 04:16 PM)samhain Wrote: I agree with you on this, despite the fact that I've seen this scenario play out seemingly endlessly.  

Maybe something will be different this year.  

And, there folks, is the plight of all Bengals fans. Sad
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe, just maybe we should wait until Free Agency opens to complain that we did nothing.

Why? The sooner everyone realizes and starts complaining, the sooner they’ll get over it.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe, just maybe we should wait until Free Agency opens to complain that we did nothing.

Hear! Hear! But it is the nature of many Bengals fans to ***** and moan. Like death and taxes.
Reply/Quote

I think we'll do the every 2 or 3 year usual of hiring a decent veteran for a few million (LaFell, Hawk, Harrison) and move on... but, yeah, there's no sense in applauding/criticizing that yet. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 04:53 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: In short, we're f***ed. And yet, here we all remain. We are truly some of the most resilient fans in the world.
"Thank you, Sir! May I have another?" But seriously, it's only March. Now, if July rolls around and nothing exciting has happened, then all bets are off.
Reply/Quote
Keep in mind we can't sacrifice comp picks next year to sign free agents. We have to wait until someone is released so we don't get penalized.
Reply/Quote
The rollover only works if they actually use it to extend GOOD players (Atkins, Dunlap).
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 07:29 PM)Trademark Wrote: Oh yay, a bum DT that had locker room issues and a bum safety

The Cincinnati Bumgals?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 10:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Cincinnati Bumgals?

To go right along with the Blumpkin fan base?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Until they come knocking on my door and tell me that I personally have to  pay salaries I don't really care . If they do then it's going to be MUCH MUCH cheaper than any of you can possibly imagine ... I don't think social security is going to pay too many huge salaries on my behalf.. They'd all starve to death on what I could pay them . Lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 10:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Cincinnati Bumgals?

Someone else had the great idea to merge the Bengals and Browns to be the Browngals.. or the Bengrowns..  Here's to the merger to play in Clevlinatti.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Its too bad this isn't NASCAR because you still can get a shot at the title for being consistent instead of taking chances.

This is the NFL and you have to shoot for the moon every once in awhile.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 11:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: Someone else had the great idea to merge the Bengals and Browns to be the Browngals.. or the Bengrowns..  Here's to the merger to play in Clevlinatti.. 

As long as we take the Bengals roster except for the o-line and merge it with the Browns front office and o-line.

We still need a new coach though.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 03:49 PM)Trademark Wrote: Last year we were awful. News came out that gave us hope saying Lewis was leaving. We finish the year 7-9 and guess who is back yet again....True we made coaching changes but the truth of the matter is that we are still stuck with Lewis and Brown. Then Lewis comes out and says we are gonna be aggressive in free agency, now reports are coming out that they are only looking to spend $15 million. So we were lied to once again. Same old status quo....

Did you seriously start ANOTHER thread about the SAME DAMN THING YOU'VE BEEN WHINING ABOUT SINCE THE START OF THE YEAR?

The other 90 threads weren't enough?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Today is the day Bodine's agent finds out he has no other suitors willing to pay him more than league average and he re-signs with the Bengals for 6m per year front loaded contact eating up 8m in cap space.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
why is anyone surprised that the patterns of the last 25 years stay the same.
Reply/Quote