Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chris Carter Tells Mike Brown To Do It Right For The Super Bowl
On Good Morning Football this morning, Chris Carter calls out Mike Brown and says what we've all been saying and thinking for years.

He mentions how Mike Brown has always been a tight ass (his quote was that Mike Brown "always has his eyes on his wallet") and that he needs to open up the checkbook and spend some money to make sure the team and their families fly out there in first class and keep their families in hotels near the team's hotel.

Let's hope Mike Brown opens up his pockets for once and sends the team out there in style.

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 01:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: On Good Morning Football this morning, Chris Carter calls out Mike Brown and says what we've all been saying and thinking for years.

He mentions how Mike Brown has always been a tight ass (his quote was that Mike Brown "always has his eyes on his wallet") and that he needs to open up the checkbook and spend some money to make sure the team and their families fly out there in first class and keep their families in hotels near the team's hotel.

Let's hope Mike Brown opens up his pockets for once and sends the team out there in style.

WHO-DEY!

I call BS, I am sick of the old narrative.

Chris Carter is not relevant enough to speak to team leaders like Huber and Harris, been there forever and others about how the team travels and what MB has done the past 15 years. He just spouts off with no facts. Please Chris no it all give us some relevant recent history from players or Shut up!!!

Funny how Whittworth and his wife are not trashing MB and the organization, just the opposite.

Sorry for the rant, just plain sick of te cheap narrative.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 02:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I call BS, I am sick of the old narrative.

Chris Carter is not relevant enough to speak to team leaders like Huber and Harris, been there forever and others about how the team travels and what MB has done the past 15 years. He just spouts off with no facts. Please Chris no it all give us some relevant recent history from players or Shut up!!!

Funny how Whittworth and his wife are not trashing MB and the organization, just the opposite.

Don’t listen to anyone, at anytime, ever, who calls the Bengals qb “Joe Burrows”.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 01:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: On Good Morning Football this morning, Chris Carter calls out Mike Brown and says what we've all been saying and thinking for years.

WHO-DEY!
Why? Are the players not making enough money?
I have decided to not watch anything that has to do with football till after the SB. 
Reply/Quote
Meh. Give the Old Man a rest. He finally did what we asked him to do for 30 years and operated like a serious NFL organization. I'm over the moon that it worked out so well for him.

I think it's outstanding that this is all happening in the first year of ROH, KOTJ, New Stripes, etc. Couple that with changes in FA philosophy and I think we really are seeing a new way of doing things here.

I saw a sign on the east side of the canopy in the opening game vs Minnesota that said "Our Transformational Decade Begins Now". It stuck in my head that day and ever since, and it's a great feeling to see it being so prophetic.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 02:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I call BS, I am sick of the old narrative.

This^ 

I don't think we have much to go on to continue this narrative any more.  Everyone wants to live in the past and bring up paying for Gatorade but honestly who knows what's going on now.  The practice bubble is overrated and not practical in the way everyone wants.  And for Carter to bring this up is just shallow on his part.  Not a fan. 
Reply/Quote
I just have to ask: Is it not Katie Blackburn who has become "the skipper of the ship" ?

Or have I missed something ?
Reply/Quote
Every player on this team can afford to fly their families out for the Super Bowl if they want to.  Why should that be on Mike Brown. Carter needs to shut it. Mike Brown might be rich, but he is not Robert Kraft rich.
Reply/Quote
About what you'd expect from a guy from Middletown
Reply/Quote
Can’t wait until they win it and people start posting pics of plastic “bubble gum machine” rings and saying they are the Bengals Super Bowl rings.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 02:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Don’t listen to anyone, at anytime, ever, who calls the Bengals qb “Joe Burrows”.

I CANT STAND IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS.

I will point out that it is always people at Chris Carters age or older. They seem to like adding an S to a lot of things.

He is not a family restaurant. He is Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
I could be wrong, but I think Mike has changed a lot. They're not making players carry around quarters for the team drink machines anymore, are they? The towels actually are the correct size? We're not renting out TVs at training camp? Players aren't flying coach?

I mean, I hope none of that stuff goes on anymore.

I will say this (and I hope this doesn't trigger anyone): hopefully us making the Super Bowl changes their minds about an indoor facility. It's bad optics to have such a great young Super Bowl team practicing under a highway and having Pat McAfee (say what you will about him) and AJ Hawk (former Bengal) constantly bringing it up.

Tbh, I think Pat brings it up all the time not to hate, but for the player's sake. I'm sure Hawk told him some things. If the players didn't mind, I'm sure Hawk would've told Pat. But of course they mind. It's common sense. Not to the point where they wouldn't sign here, but would they prefer one? Of course.

...and I know we're at UC this week. That's not the point. We have a team in the Super Bowl, and next year they'll be practicing under a highway. It's just a bad look. Treat your great team like they're great.

Other than that, kudos to Mike Brown. This coaching staff is great. They've drafted great. They spent a ton in FA, with (probably) more to come this March. They've also made strides with PR and team ROH.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I could be wrong, but I think Mike has changed a lot. They're not making players carry around quarters for the team drink machines anymore, are they? The towels actually are the correct size? We're not renting out TVs at training camp? Players aren't flying coach?

I will say this (and I hope this doesn't trigger anyone): hopefully us making the Super Bowl changes their minds about an indoor facility. It's bad optics to have such a great young Super Bowl team practicing under a highway and having Pat McAfee (say what you will about him) and AJ Hawk (former Bengal) constantly bringing it up.

Tbh, I think Pat brings it up all the time not to hate, but for the player's sake. I'm sure Hawk told him some things. If the players didn't mind, I'm sure Hawk would've told Pat. But of course they mind. It's common sense. Not to the point where they wouldn't sign here, but would they prefer one? Of course.

...and I know we're at UC this week. That's not the point. We have a team in the Super Bowl, and next year they'll be practicing under a highway. It's just a bad look. Treat your great team like they're great.

Other than that, kudos to Mike Brown. This coaching staff is great. They've drafted great. They spent a ton in FA, with (probably) more to come this March. They've also made strides with PR and team ROH.

Agree, Mike has made some strides but he has a few more to go.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 02:11 PM)samhain Wrote: Meh.  Give the Old Man a rest.  He finally did what we asked him to do for 30 years and operated like a serious NFL organization.  I'm over the moon that it worked out so well for him.  

I think it's outstanding that this is all happening in the first year of ROH, KOTJ, New Stripes, etc.  Couple that with changes in FA philosophy and I think we really are seeing a new way of doing things here.  

I saw a sign on the east side of the canopy in the opening game vs Minnesota that said "Our Transformational Decade Begins Now".  It stuck in my head that day and ever since, and it's a great feeling to see it being so prophetic.

Yes, all the dislike for MB should be in the past and be no more. The players can fly their families out for the SB if they want.

Its all good. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I could be wrong, but I think Mike has changed a lot. They're not making players carry around quarters for the team drink machines anymore, are they? The towels actually are the correct size? We're not renting out TVs at training camp? Players aren't flying coach?

I don't really hear much about Mike being cheap unless it's the old references or jokes (because of the old references).  I have to think things are different now and some people just can't let go of the past. 

I just don't think the indoor practice facility is as simple as everyone wants it to be because of all the concerned parties.  I saw that post with Troy's comments and there has to be validity to those beyond it being an issue of "cheap."  For the Bengals to build this, it'll be out of the area.  And it'll move things away financially to some degree.  I think it'd be cool for them to have a nice campus elsewhere with lots of space.  The Broncos' complex is like that, right by the regional airport for the chartered flights out and the facility has everything they need.  Only needing to go the stadium on game days.  But there is certainly revenue generated for a different county than where they play.  I'm sure it's that way for plenty of franchises, but there are impacts.  

At the end of the day, if millionaires can't handle a little cold or rain, it might be time to re-evaluate some life choices.  Optics be damned.  It's an AFC North team that plays in an open stadium.  I'm sure everyone would prefer to be more comfortable, but I just don't see it as the end of the world.  Would it be nice if they had a good indoor facility?  Yes.  Is it practical with the weight / medical facilities at PBS now and recently upgraded?  Maybe.  Does it really matter at the end of the day?  No. 
Reply/Quote

WHO-DEY!

You forgot to mention that he was an Ohio St. and a Bengal fan probably before many of the Chris Carter haters here on this thread was born. 
Some of us remember the many many years Mr. Brown was a cheapskate.  
Good post. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:20 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I don't really hear much about Mike being cheap unless it's the old references or jokes (because of the old references).  I have to think things are different now and some people just can't let go of the past. 

I just don't think the indoor practice facility is as simple as everyone wants it to be because of all the concerned parties.  I saw that post with Troy's comments and there has to be validity to those beyond it being an issue of "cheap."  For the Bengals to build this, it'll be out of the area.  And it'll move things away financially to some degree.  I think it'd be cool for them to have a nice campus elsewhere with lots of space.  The Broncos' complex is like that, right by the regional airport for the chartered flights out and the facility has everything they need.  Only needing to go the stadium on game days.  But there is certainly revenue generated for a different county than where they play.  I'm sure it's that way for plenty of franchises, but there are impacts.  

At the end of the day, if millionaires can't handle a little cold or rain, it might be time to re-evaluate some life choices.  Optics be damned.  It's an AFC North team that plays in an open stadium.  I'm sure everyone would prefer to be more comfortable, but I just don't see it as the end of the world.  Would it be nice if they had a good indoor facility?  Yes.  Is it practical with the weight / medical facilities at PBS now and recently upgraded?  Maybe.  Does it really matter at the end of the day?  No. 

In the end, the Bengals are the only cold weather team not to have one. Every other team somehow found a way, and worked out the logistics.

We needed UC's facility literally right now...so there's definitely a need. Anytime we play an indoor or warm weather team, we shouldn't be outside in the cold and elements. This really is a pretty simple concept.

This doesn't mean we should bash the FO 24-7 over it, but it's something that should be a focus for the FO. Get it done.

It's not about comfort. It's about practicing in the conditions you'll be playing in. It's also about not looking like a 2nd rate organization. Show your players you care.

With that, I've said my piece. It's Super Bowl week, and this talk never gets anywhere.LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 02:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Don’t listen to anyone, at anytime, ever, who calls the Bengals qb “Joe Burrows”.

Or for the longest time JAY’marr.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:02 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I CANT STAND IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS.

I will point out that it is always people at Chris Carters age or older. They seem to like adding an S to a lot of things.

He is not a family restaurant. He is Joe Burrow

I have older family members that do this.  They say they are going to "Meijers" or Krogers."  Seems like an involuntary thing.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Carter's never played in a Super Bowl. He has no right to throw out advice about it.
Reply/Quote