Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chris Evans
(10-25-2022, 11:11 AM)Housh Wrote: Maybe he’s just not that good guys.

Perine is a good back, not being able to beat out Perine isn’t a slight on him.

I think he’s a player who would probably contribute if thrown in the fire but he’s not good enough to demand PT. It’s probably his blocking. It sux too when your best attribute overlaps with what others already do on the team. He’s a great WR/HB guy. But Mixon has pretty good hands out the backfield and we’ve got 3 WRs that eat up all the receptions.

There’s just no where to squeeze him in at if he’s not going to block well in pass pro.

Do i think he’d go to another team and probably ball out…yep.

Do i think he’s Lesean McCoy on the low and we are idiots for not playing him? No

To add the only role i can realistically put him in at is occasional WR in those 5 wide sets if Mixon is banged up. If Mixon is healthy Evans just has no role imo.
If Mixon were to get hurt then at least we still have a very talented pass catcher to put in those sets while we let Perine be the tank
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Having someone sitting on the bench who is good enough to play is what depth is all about and what every team strives for.
Reply/Quote
I am not certain Evans provides anything that Mixon does not do better. They split Mixon out wide a lot, target him in the passing game a lot and he makes some pretty impressive receptions too.

If Evans were a great pass protector, I'd fully support him in a 3rd down role (like what we did with Gio), but I imagine the coaches view his contributions and capabilities as strictly a downgrade from Mixon, which is probably why he sees very few snaps.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Having someone sitting on the bench who is good enough to play is what depth is all about and what every team strives for.

Let Andy Reid know that.  He plays all 3 of his backs.  

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 03:26 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Let Andy Reid know that.  He plays all 3 of his backs.  

because they're all not as good as Mixon
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Having someone sitting on the bench who is good enough to play is what depth is all about and what every team strives for.

This and if he is as good as some believe then that is a nice luxury. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 03:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: because they're all not as good as Mixon

CEH can do everything that Mixon can. Reid just plays them as a committee. Mixon isn't that great. He's fine, but he isn't an elite back like many have made him out to be. I know you're not saying he is elite, specifically. He's an inefficient, high volume back that plays in a talented offense which inflates his touchdown numbers. He doesn't do anything at a high level, really. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 03:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: CEH can do everything that Mixon can

Pffffffff lmao

CEH sucks. I get it, you dont think much of Mixon, but CEH is trash
Reply/Quote
These threads remind of the AJ McCarron should be starting over Dalton threads.

Now I like Evans from the small litmus test put forward but that's exactly what it is a sample size..

Plus he was not even against NFL starters. Trusting the coaching staff on this one, but certainly hope he does step up when called upon.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 03:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Pffffffff lmao

CEH sucks. I get it, you dont think much of Mixon, but CEH is trash

CEH is a fine back, just like Mixon. He's a capable receiver, a fine runner. He isn't a huge threat to a defense, but neither is Mixon. Both guys are going to largely get what the offensive line gives them as neither are very good at breaking tackles. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 03:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: CEH is a fine back, just like Mixon. He's a capable receiver, a fine runner. He isn't a huge threat to a defense, but neither is Mixon. Both guys are going to largely get what the offensive line gives them as neither are very good at breaking tackles. 

CEH cannot break any tackles whatsoever. Ask chiefs fans how they feel about Clyde. It's not positive
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 04:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: CEH cannot break any tackles whatsoever. Ask chiefs fans how they feel about Clyde. It's not positive

CEH breaks a tackle, on average, every 14.6 carries since coming into the league. Over that same time span, Mixon breaks a tackle, on average, every 19 carries. Hell, even looking at Mixon's entire career, he breaks a tackle every 21 carries. Clyde has been significantly better than Mixon at breaking tackles, so if Clyde can't "break any tackles whatsoever" I'd be interested to hear your opinion on Joe. 

I work for an O&G company in K.C. so the office is full of Chiefs fans. I've never explicitly asked about him. It would be interesting to hear their opinions, but I don't know if it would sway my opinion much. A lot of people have viewpoints that aren't based in reality, but they still hold them fiercely. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 10:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And if #1 Reader and #2 Topou both weren't hurt, Tufele would still be waiting on the bench. When you are trying to win games, you play your best players.

Yep, and if neither got hurt he would have likely never sniffed the field, eventually probably cut and we'd have never seen what his capabilities were in actual game situations.

Chris Evans is already active on game days anyway.  It wouldn't hurt to have a change of pace back in the game every once in a while.  Plus it would limit the number of carries on Mixon.  Although the way we're throwing it he doesn't get many anyway!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 03:26 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Let Andy Reid know that.  He plays all 3 of his backs.  

The guy that lost to the Bengals last year........TWICE!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 04:16 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: CEH breaks a tackle, on average, every 14.6 carries since coming into the league. Over that same time span, Mixon breaks a tackle, on average, every 19 carries. Hell, even looking at Mixon's entire career, he breaks a tackle every 21 carries. Clyde has been significantly better than Mixon at breaking tackles, so if Clyde can't "break any tackles whatsoever" I'd be interested to hear your opinion on Joe. 

I work for an O&G company in K.C. so the office is full of Chiefs fans. I've never explicitly asked about him. It would be interesting to hear their opinions, but I don't know if it would sway my opinion much. A lot of people have viewpoints that aren't based in reality, but they still hold them fiercely. 

thinking CEH is as good as Mixon is a very unpopular opinion across all football fandoms. You're one of the very few who think so

CEH is not built to be a lead back. At all.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 05:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: thinking CEH is as good as Mixon is a very unpopular opinion across all football fandoms. You're one of the very few who think so

CEH is not built to be a lead back. At all.

I am not concerned with how popular an opinion is. Just because something is popular, doesn't mean that it is true. Really, there are quite a few backs that are as good as Mixon is, in my opinion. Mixon is not special. He doesn't do anything at a high level; he is a good receiver, but not great. He doesn't have elite speed. He doesn't break tackles well. He will largely give you what the offensive line gives him. He's a poor pass blocker. There are numerous backs that are capable of doing these things. I think CEH is one of them. Now, he has never really been a bellcow, which is a completely fair point but I don't really want a bellcow back. So, if you want to point to that as evidence of Mixon being better, then that's fair. I just don't think that being capable of handling more volume is evidence of being "better". If you do, then agree to disagree. 

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 05:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am not concerned with how popular an opinion is. Just because something is popular, doesn't mean that it is true. Really, there are quite a few backs that are as good as Mixon is, in my opinion. Mixon is not special. He doesn't do anything at a high level; he is a good receiver, but not great. He doesn't have elite speed. He doesn't break tackles well. He will largely give you what the offensive line gives him. He's a poor pass blocker. There are numerous backs that are capable of doing these things. I think CEH is one of them. Now, he has never really been a bellcow, which is a completely fair point but I don't really want a bellcow back. So, if you want to point to that as evidence of Mixon being better, then that's fair. I just don't think that being capable of handling more volume is evidence of being "better". If you do, then agree to disagree. 

ask any chiefs fan if they'd do a 1 for 1 trade with mixon and ceh and they'll take it in a heartbeat

You're so biased against Mixon that you think bummy CEH is just as good when that is just not the case
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 05:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You're so biased against Mixon that you think bummy CEH is just as good when that is just not the case

I don't know why you think I am biased against Mixon. I just don't think he is a special back. Hell, I live in Oklahoma and while I am an Oregon fan first, OU is probably my next favorite team. I like Mixon and was really happy he was drafted here.

If thinking he is a "fine" running back and that CEH is able to provide what Mixon provides is a bias, then okay. I expected him to have a huge year this year, and while that isn't exactly happening, I am sure he will still have some great games now that the line is improving. I just think there are plenty of backs that would be able to do what he does.

Quote:ask any chiefs fan if they'd do a 1 for 1 trade with mixon and ceh and they'll take it in a heartbeat

Even if so, that doesn't really sway my opinion. Most fans of all teams don't really know what they are talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if most fans consider Mixon an elite back but that doesn't mean that is true, either. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 05:45 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Even if so, that doesn't really sway my opinion. Most fans of all teams don't really know what they are talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if most fans consider Mixon an elite back but that doesn't mean that is true, either. 

ironic...

of course mixon isnt elite, but I know ceh isnt very good. Thats why 6th round Pacheco gets the start, and Mckinnon gets plenty of snaps
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 05:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: of course mixon isnt elite, but I know ceh isnt very good. Thats why 6th round Pacheco gets the start, and Mckinnon gets plenty of snaps

Well, just like what you said about breaking tackles, this is also wrong. CEH has started six of the seven games this season. Pacheco started this past weekend, and played 30% of the snaps. On average, Pacheco has played 10% of snaps this season. But, at least you got the part about McKinnon right. He does play often, roughly splitting snaps with CEH. Going 1/3 isn't that bad, you'd be a HoFer if you played baseball.
Reply/Quote