Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chris Henry remembered
Feel free to move and/or delete this topic.

I loved watching Chris Henry when he played for the Bengals. His unfortunate end was so sad.

Today, his son, Chris Perry, Jr. is rising to carry on his father's legacy as a talented 2026 prospect. For more:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2022/11/134675/the-hurry-up-in-state-prospects-chris-henry-jr-and-jake-cook-to-visit-ohio-state-this-weekend-four-star

I wish him well wherever he ends up.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 08:35 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Feel free to move and/or delete this topic.

I loved watching Chris Henry when he played for the Bengals. His unfortunate end was so sad.

Today, his son, Chris Perry, Jr. is rising to carry on his father's legacy as a talented 2026 prospect. For more:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2022/11/134675/the-hurry-up-in-state-prospects-chris-henry-jr-and-jake-cook-to-visit-ohio-state-this-weekend-four-star

Definitely one of my biggest what if’s. I truly believe his ceiling was to be a top 5 WR in the league. Sad story
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 08:37 PM)Housh Wrote: Definitely one of my biggest what if’s. I truly believe his ceiling was to be a top 5 WR in the league. Sad story

I agree. And I know my opinion will get slaughtered (pile it on), but, I believe he was as good as, if not better, than Chase. He was truly a generational talent.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 08:44 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I agree. And I know my opinion will get slaughtered (pile it on), but, I believe he was as good as, if not better, than Chase. He was truly a generational talent.

Chris Henry was a good exciting player with a tragic story but come on man. That's literally an insane take. 

Ja'Maar Chase already has more yards and only 2 less touchdowns in 24 games as Chris Henry did in 55 games.
Henry only averaged 51% catch percentage compared to Chase's 63%. Chase also has higher Y/R.

That's with Chase being a #1 receiver taking double teams to Henry being WR #3. 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 08:44 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I agree. And I know my opinion will get slaughtered (pile it on), but, I believe he was as good as, if not better, than Chase. He was truly a generational talent.

God rest his soul, but in no way was he even close to Chase's talent. 

Henry 5 years stats verses Chase's 1 1/2 years stats

Henry.........119 catches on 232 targets for 1,826 yds and 21 TD's  
Chase.........128 catches on 202 targets for 2,060 yds and 19 TD's

Chase has more catches on less targets and more yds in three and a half less years than Henry.

Henry has more TD's but after Chase plays as many games as he did that will not be close either. In fact he probably passes him in his first three games back if not quicker. 

Chase does not have any suspensions either, let alone multiple suspensions.

Hope his son is more level headed and carries the torch for him when he is afforded the opportunity though. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 09:01 PM)TheFan Wrote: Chris Henry was a good exciting player with a tragic story but come on man. That's literally an insane take. 

Ja'Maar Chase already has more yards and only 2 less touchdowns in 24 games as Chris Henry did in 55 games.
Henry only averaged 51% catch percentage compared to Chase's 63%. Chase also has higher Y/R.

Yeah, Henry being anywhere close to Chase is beyond a crazy take. He was the 3rd best WR on his own team. I can’t even imagine the type of numbers Ja’Marr would have put up playing in the Big East. But suffice to say, they would have been astronomically higher than Henry’s.

Reply/Quote
Chris Henry better than Ja’Marr Chase? I feel like people sometimes make comments just to be shocking.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 08:35 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Feel free to move and/or delete this topic.

It appears you've gotten you former Bengal Chris's Crossed
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 10:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears you've gotten you former Bengal Chris's Crossed

Talk about a blast from the past.

[Image: artworks-000447661797-pap62h-t500x500.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 09:01 PM)TheFan Wrote: Chris Henry was a good exciting player with a tragic story but come on man. That's literally an insane take. 

I'm gonna have to ditto that.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Chase is the best WR we’ve had since Chad.

No way anyone could say Henry was that good. I think he had similar deep ball potential but Chase’s hands and feet were better. And Chase after the catch is the best WR Iv EVER seen. He’s seriously a threat to take ANY route for 6.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 10:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Talk about a blast from the past.

[Image: artworks-000447661797-pap62h-t500x500.jpg]

They just don't make music like "I Missed theSchool Bus" anymore
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 10:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Chris Henry better than Ja’Marr Chase? I feel like people sometimes make comments just to be shocking.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3414254]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The maddening thing for me about Henry is he really was improving his route skills and yet couldn't stay on the field.

A couple of crazy tough catches he made in some games... I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't Chad!

Sad that he died the way he did and left a family behind.

Bittersweet, that he couldn't keep his mind right to actually be in the NFL.

Had he not perished, I think he would have been tossed out of the league for quite some time.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 09:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, Henry being anywhere close to Chase is beyond a crazy take. He was the 3rd best WR on his own team. I can’t even imagine the type of numbers Ja’Marr would have put up playing in the Big East. But suffice to say, they would have been astronomically higher than Henry’s.

I don't know if the was the third best, but he was mostly the third option.  The VERY few times they had Chad, TJ, and Henry together on the field, it was incredible.  Henry could take the top off the defense, and so could Chad, but his strength was the intermediate routes with Housh in the slot and eating so well underneath.  It sure was fun to watch. 
Reply/Quote
BengalsRocker is right, had he not perished that tragic evening it was bringing him another lengthy suspension and probably released for the 2nd time by the Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Chris Henry was a very different WR than Chase.
So I can't really compare the 2. 
Henry played in a different Era when the pass run ratio was more even. What they do have in common 
Is was superlative TD to catch ratio. And they were 
Big plays waiting to happen. 
If Chris Henry played in today's game. He would easily be a number 1 or number 2 WR and a 1000 yd year in 
Year out WR. His targets would be up. 
I found him to be Uber talented and a difficult match-up.  Just ask the Steelers. They couldn't contain 15 
When it counted 
Reply/Quote
Saw his boy at the game last week. He's about 6-4 and is apparently an 8th grader. If he keeps his head on straight he'll be raking it in with NIL deals.
Reply/Quote

Beat me to it, with all due respect to Chris who could of been a very good WR in the NFL if not for the off field problems, he 
isn't in Ja'Marr Chase's universe. Chase might end up being one of the best WR's of all time when all is said and done as long 
as injuries don't derail his career.

Loved how Henry had that other gear though as a big WR at 6'4", that was rare, Randy Moss rare.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 04:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Chris Henry was a very different WR than Chase.
So I can't really compare the 2. 
Henry played in a different Era when the pass run ratio was more even. What they do have in common 
Is was superlative TD to catch ratio. And they were 
Big plays waiting to happen. 
If Chris Henry played in today's game. He would easily be a number 1 or number 2 WR and a 1000 yd year in 
Year out WR. His targets would be up. 
I found him to be Uber talented and a difficult match-up.  Just ask the Steelers. They couldn't contain 15 
When it counted 

Size and era aside they are not the same caliber of player. Chris was fun to watch, and the team fell apart when he went down in 09, but this is sorta silly. Chris was a pretty good WR. Nothin' more or less. I'd imagine Henry is all but forgotten outside of Bengals fans.

From that era I think Ja'Marr reminds me of Steve Smith.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote