Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Simms: 'Burrow will adjust very quickly'
(07-23-2020, 09:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One of theirs was broken permanently trying to break one of ours.  But with Omar leading that team, I wouldn't say that their assbag ways have been eliminated.  

He’s probably upped the bounty.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Has Simms learned how to pronounce "Bengals" yet?
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 10:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Has Simms learned how to pronounce "Bengals" yet?

This is the son.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 10:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is the son.

Yes, I know. Phil is not bad, but Chris called 2 games for the Bengals that I watched, and I couldn't take it. He constantly calls them the "Bangles"
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 12:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Romo wasn’t mediocre, and he’s probably the best in the business.

One of the best for sure.

And Romo is another textbook case on how to ruin the career of a stud QB (e.g. Luck, Carr, A. Manning).   

Hope the Bengals get this figured out in a hurry.   
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 03:09 PM)Tony Wrote: Why are all the analysts mediocre backup QBs. I'd rather take someone like Kurt Warners analysis. Just wandered why these guys like Dan orlovsky and the other Hassleback get these jobs...

You know it's possible to be a good analyst without having to have been elite at doing the sport/thing you're analyzing, right?
It's a different skill set.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 10:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s probably upped the bounty.

Not only do I hope Burrow wins several Super Bowls here, but I hope he ends a TON of careers in pittsburgh...starting with Omar.  Hope Omar can't sleep without nightmares of Burrow trotting on to the field to destroy them...over and over and over.  
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 03:09 PM)Tony Wrote: Why are all the analysts mediocre backup QBs. I'd rather take someone like Kurt Warners analysis. Just wandered why these guys like Dan orlovsky and the other Hassleback get these jobs...

It's probably along the same lines of mediocre players seeming to make better coaches for the most part than superstars.

And they're not all mediocre former backups.  Some of them never played in the NFL at all.

And, to refute your point, Romo is probably the best game analyst there is right now and he was not mediocre.  And don't forget Steve Young as an in studio guy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I have no evidence to back this up, but I always felt this was the case:

A lot of these guys remained in the NFL for a good long while as back up QBs. One of the primary roles of the back up QB is to help the starting QB evaluate the previous drive and find ways around the defense's game plan etc (you'll often see the back up QBs with the tablets talking to the starting QB when the defense is on the field).

Most of the QBs who have since become analysts or commentators like Chris Simms, Dan Orlovsky, Trent Dilfer, Tim Hasselbeck, and (to an extent) Tony Romo were not physically capable of being long time starters (Romo being the obvious exception). Therefore, they owed their longevity in the NFL to being exceptionally intelligent and understanding of the mental side of the position. And, after retirement, they are able to exercise their one strength as an analyst or commentator.

I'd bet a lot of money that Ryan Fitzpatrick eventually joins them, as he is the consummate "he shouldn't have lasted as long as he has in the NFL but he's just so damn smart he must be a very good analyst" candidate. If not that, then I imagine he'd eventually become a coach.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 12:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Romo wasn’t mediocre, and he’s probably the best in the business.

I think the basic concept still fits with Romo though. He didn't have success in the NFL because of a rocket arm or lightning feet. He did it with a commitment to the playbook, extreme knowledge of the offense and how to read a defense and the ability to think on the fly. All those things would lend themselves to a successful commentating career as well.
Reply/Quote

Not to mention the superstars make a lot more money and may not need/want a 2nd gig when their playing days are over.
Reply/Quote
The guy needs to sign the damn contract. This organization is a freaking joke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 10:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is the son.

(07-23-2020, 01:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, I know. Phil is not bad, but Chris called 2 games for the Bengals that I watched, and I couldn't take it. He constantly calls them the "Bangles"

They're BOTH bad lol; Phil says, "Bingles," Chris says, "Bangles."

(07-23-2020, 09:50 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: The guy needs to sign the damn contract. This organization is a freaking joke

You're a freaking joke.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 01:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, I know. Phil is not bad, but Chris called 2 games for the Bengals that I watched, and I couldn't take it. He constantly calls them the "Bangles"

Phil is even worse, imo. Like Truck said, he calls them the “Bingles”

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 09:50 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: The guy needs to sign the damn contract. This organization is a freaking joke

31 other teams for you to choose from...

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 10:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Phil is even worse, imo. Like Truck said, he calls them the “Bingles”

Yeah, but every time Chris says "Bangles" I think of this, and it's very distracting.....

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 08:56 PM)jason Wrote: John Elway has done an amazing job with the QB situation in Denver.

Oswlier, flacco, tebow... You're being sarcastic right?
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 10:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Phil is even worse, imo. Like Truck said, he calls them the “Bingles”

One of my favourite things to do when poking fun at various aspects of the league, is tell my buddies/family about how the Simms pronounce our team and then proceed to play clips on YT LOL

Many people know about how Phil pronounces them, but few know about Chris.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 10:42 AM)motoarch Wrote: Oswlier, flacco, tebow... You're being sarcastic right?

Yeah I was... But I got checked a post or 2 later. I totally forgot that Peyton Manning was a Bronco those couple of years, and they won a Super Bowl.

But don't forget Paxton Lynch....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 12:39 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah I was... But I got checked a post or 2 later. I totally forgot that Peyton Manning was a Bronco those couple of years, and they won a Super Bowl.

But don't forget Paxton Lynch....

The irony being he was down right horrible the year they won.
Reply/Quote