Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Simms: 'Burrow will adjust very quickly'
(07-22-2020, 02:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: "It's not easy ... none of the situations are easy," Simms said. "But I do think when I look at it, I go Joe Burrow and Tua have an advantage I think over guys like Jordan Love - who's very raw, and was in a very simple offense. Justin Herbert - not a very complicated offense and creativity there up in Oregon. 

You know, Joe Burrow got coached by a guy that's an NFL offensive coordinator in Joe Brady, who worked under Sean Payton. So I think he's gonna have a good feel for how offenses are run in the NFL, and that's kinda the same logic I would use with Tua. ... I thing those are the two guys I would favor in that conversation more than the others because of what they came from. 

The good thing for (Burrow) is he played a lot of football the last two years. ... He was in a pro-style system. He's been around and played against a lot of pro players. That's the benefit of playing in SEC football. Pretty much every team you play every week's got a few professional defensive linemen, a few pros in the secondary. I think he'll adjust very quickly because he's very talented and smart."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/07/22/no-nfl-preseason-chris-simms-expects-joe-burrow-adjust-better-than-other-rookie-quarterbacks/5487320002/

Have to agree with the other dim Simms, Burrow and Tua for sure are the most likely to to play well initially of the rookie QB's.
Reply/Quote