Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Smith Visited
Yes, that Chris Smith.

Probably our big FA splash.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1235255979647946756
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lol.
Reply/Quote
Glad he did; as a rotation piece, he played more than well for us in 2017.

Tragic what happened last year, but I think he's looking for a bit of redemption. Wouldn't mind him here as the 5th DE.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Glad he did; as a rotation piece, he played more than well for us in 2017.

Tragic what happened last year, but I think he's looking for a bit of redemption. Wouldn't mind him here as the 5th DE.

He isn't a bad rotation guy, just don't care for the retread thought.
Reply/Quote
Guys who were cut and not on expiring contracts we can talk to now, might as well talk to guys like that as it doesn't hurt anything. We carry 90 into training camp not sure what it hurts to see what he has left as a rotational piece.
Reply/Quote
Pitchforks will be out if the Bengals bring back any former players or anyone familiar with the coaching staff that wasn't elite at one point.
The fans don't want familiarity, they want new (even if it could go poorly).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 03:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He isn't a bad rotation guy, just don't care for the retread thought.

As I mentioned in the rep, if a retread contributes, I'm all for it.

People bemoaned Chris Crocker to death, but he never hurt our team.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Do we like Chris Smith more than Kerry Wynn?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 03:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I mentioned in the rep, if a retreat contributes, I'm all for it.

People bemoaned Chris Crocker to death, but he never hurt our team.

True, not complaining about this. Ocho is correct sometimes we all just want new faces even if it doesn't work out.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:36 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Yes, that Chris Smith.

Probably our big FA splash.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1235255979647946756

well visiting with people that can actually visit with now... And people still are crying?  Some of you will never change your narrative.
Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with Chris Smith, he was a good player for us in a rotational role
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 03:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: Guys who were cut and not on expiring contracts we can talk to now, might as well talk to guys like that as it doesn't hurt anything. We carry 90 into training camp not sure what it hurts to see what he has left as a rotational piece.

Some people just gotta have something to cry about.
Reply/Quote
Won’t knock the team for being active early but Smith dosen’t do much for me. He’s a nickel pass rusher who can’t play the run feel like already have that in Lawson who does it better. I would prefer my 4th DE to be more versatile with the ability to stop the run and rush ,considering we have been dead last against the run the last few seasons.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 03:58 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Won’t knock the team for being active early but Smith dosen’t do much for me. He’s a nickel pass rusher who can’t play the run feel like already have that in Lawson who does it better. I would prefer my 4th DE to be more versatile with the ability to stop the run and rush ,considering we have been dead last against the run the last few seasons.

I thought Kerry Wynn was supposed to be good at stopping the run when we brought him in?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 03:58 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Won’t knock the team for being active early but Smith dosen’t do much for me. He’s a nickel pass rusher who can’t play the run feel like already have that in Lawson who does it better. I would prefer my 4th DE to be more versatile with the ability to stop the run and rush ,considering we have been dead last against the run the last few seasons.

But as a backup 34 OLB he adds depth to a defense in transition. 

Chris Smith visit plus the Derek Wolfe (34 DE) makes it look like they are transitioning the defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 04:07 PM)Synric Wrote: But as a backup 34 OLB he adds depth to a defense in transition. 

Chris Smith visit plus the Derek Wolfe (34 DE) makes it look like they are transitioning the defense.

So who is going to be our NT? Tupou? Billings? This is my question.

Not against moving to a 3-4 just wondering. I guess both these guys could be the NT.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 04:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So who is going to be our NT? Tupou? Billings? This is my question.

Not against moving to a 3-4 just wondering. I guess both these guys could be the NT.

Josh Tupou, Renell Wren, Ryan Glasgow, and the possibility of a newcomer in FA or the Draft neither of which has to be high priced or high pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 04:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Josh Tupou, Renell Wren, Ryan Glasgow, and the possibility of a newcomer in FA or the Draft neither of which has to be high priced or high pick.

As much as I like Wren's upside, he didn't show much last year. Glasgow plays good when he is healthy but he just hasn't been 
lately. I would bring back Billings for these two reasons. Tupou played well last season so that is the good thing, have to have at
least one decent NT in place to run a 3-4.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 04:07 PM)Synric Wrote: But as a backup 34 OLB he adds depth to a defense in transition. 

Hobs said a couple weeks ago we are officially a 3-4 with 4-3 looks.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As much as I like Wren's upside, he didn't show much last year. Glasgow plays good when he is healthy but he just hasn't been 
lately. I would bring back Billings for these two reasons. Tupou played well last season so that is the good thing, have to have at
least one decent NT in place to run a 3-4.

Wren didnt show much because he only received 155 snaps and alot were in heavy packages. I could see Wren gaining a larger role in year two.

Reply/Quote