Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Westerman
(11-20-2018, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll recycle this thread. Redmond is playing bad. Westerman has graded out well while in.

WHY NOT PLAY HIM MORE!?!?!?!?!?!?

Maybe because two different NFL O-line coaches have decided he is not good enough.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Two different NFL O-line coaches don't think he is good enough.

Agreed Fred, if he was any good, he would have gotten time by now. If Westerman cant beat out the likes of Trey Hopkins or Alex Redman. He most likely isnt that great. He didnt exactly set the world  on fire either playing against scrubs in preseason games either. I think the Bengals have Westerman listed as LG anyway, not sure why he cant play RG, but he never has in this uniform. I am not sure as of right now he is anything but a serviceable backup LG.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 02:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 'Westerman was projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd Round and we got him in the 5th. He compared to Alex Mack.

With the putrid play of Hopkins and Bodine...why not give him a chance.

Bottom Line Quick-­twitch, athletic guard who comes from a football family and has been working on his strength and athleticism from a young age. Offensive line coaches will appreciate Westerman's technical savvy and zone scheme teams will covet his fluidity and blocking ability on the move. A move to center is not out of the question thanks to his body type and quickness and his draft stock may be helped by a potential ability to offer roster depth at several offensive line positions.'

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/christian-westerman?id=2555131

Marvin must have a problem with him.  But Marvin loves him some Nickerson.  Marvin is the LB Whisperer, you know.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:28 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Agreed Fred, if he was any good, he would have gotten time by now. If Westerman cant beat out the likes of Trey Hopkins or Alex Redman. He most likely isnt that great. He didnt exactly set the world  on fire either playing against scrubs in preseason games either. I think the Bengals have Westerman listed as LG anyway, not sure why he cant play RG, but he never has in this uniform. I am not sure as of right now he is anything but a serviceable backup LG.

There's really only one way to find out.  He played well the end of last year.

Who the hell trusts anything this clown staff thinks or says anyway?  Their wisdom has been on display the last three weeks.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:52 PM)McC Wrote: Marvin must have a problem with him.  But Marvin loves him some Nickerson.  Marvin is the LB Whisperer, you know.

(11-20-2018, 07:55 PM)McC Wrote: There's really only one way to find out.  He played well the end of last year.

Who the hell trusts anything this clown staff thinks or says anyway?  Their wisdom has been on display the last three weeks.

You are good man LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:55 PM)McC Wrote: There's really only one way to find out.  He played well the end of last year.

Fred trusts the coaches
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 06:02 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Fred trusts the coaches

How sillyof me to think that 2 different men who have a thousand times more experience and knowledge than me would no more than me about the skill of a football player.

What is your source of knowledge and experience of football that puts you on the same level as NFL coaches?

And spare me the BS about how undrafted free agents and lower level draft picks never get a chance because I can list dozens of undrafted free agents and lower level draft picks starting in the NFL right now who earned their position through talent evaluation instead of just getting a shot when someone else got injured.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:55 PM)McC Wrote: There's really only one way to find out. .

Oh really?  Is that why all the other teams in the NFL routinely bench their starters and play back ups because that is the ONLY way to tell who the best players are?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How sillyof me to think that 2 different men who have a thousand times more experience and knowledge than me would no more than me about the skill of a football player.

What is your source of knowledge and experience of football that puts you on the same level as NFL coaches?

And spare me the BS about how undrafted free agents and lower level draft picks never get a chance because I can list dozens of undrafted free agents and lower level draft picks starting in the NFL right now who earned their position through talent evaluation instead of just getting a shot when someone else got injured.

Alexander says he's not good enough.... I'm cynical. Then Pollack comes in and says he's not good enough.... he's not good enough.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh really?  Is that why all the other teams in the NFL routinely bench their starters and play back ups because that is the ONLY way to tell who the best players are?

You do a lot of talking out of both sides of your mouth.   You falsely claim you want King Buffoon gone yet you argue against every single comment made about him.   That sounds a lot like someone arguing just for the sake of arguing.  This can also be categorized as trolling.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Alexander says he's not good enough.... I'm cynical. Then Pollack comes in and says he's not good enough.... he's not good enough.

I can see why you keep defending the clown show, what with the roll they're on and all, with all their collective brilliance on display weekly.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Alexander says he's not good enough.... I'm cynical. Then Pollack comes in and says he's not good enough.... he's not good enough.

Problem with your statement is both coaches were fired by a real football organization that knows and desires to win. We are the Bengals where mediocre status quo is the goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:19 AM)McC Wrote: I can see why you keep defending the clown show, what with the roll they're on and all, with all their collective brilliance on display weekly.

I can see why Pollack is making bank as one of the best line coaches in the league, and we are all sitting here discussing it on a message board.... I think he probably is just a little bit better judge of talent.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I can see why Pollack is making bank as one of the best line coaches in the league, and we are all sitting here discussing it on a message board.... I think he probably is just a little bit better judge of talent.

Well, he ain't passing the eye test right now, that's for damn sure.  His line sucks balls and that seems like it might be a reflection on him.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:19 AM)McC Wrote: I can see why you keep defending the clown show, what with the roll they're on and all, with all their collective brilliance on display weekly.

I am also familiar with the collective brilliance of this message board who all agreed that Peko was garbage and would not start for any other team until the defending Super Bowl champs with one of the best defenses in the leagu signed him to start for them.

I am also familiar with the long string of nobodies that people here claim should be starting and who never amount to anything even when they have the chance with other teams.

The Bengals are 5-5.  That is not good enough.  But that is not bad enought to prove that every single decision they make about every player is 100% wrong.

How are they able to beat other NFL teams if every decision they make is wrong?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:24 AM)McC Wrote: Well, he ain't passing the eye test right now, that's for damn sure.  His line sucks balls and that seems like it might be a reflection on him.

Or, it could be that there is just no talent on the line outside of Boling and Price, and Pollack only drafted Price. The rest of the line is Alexander's. I think he's done a pretty good job so far with the shit show he inherited. Give him one more draft, then we can judge.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am also familiar with the collective brilliance of this message board who all agreed that Peko was garbage and would not start for any other team until the defending Super Bowl champs with one of the best defenses in the leagu signed him to start for them.

I am also familiar with the long string of nobodies that people here claim should be starting and who never amount to anything even when they have the chance with other teams.

The Bengals are 5-5.  That is not good enough.  But that is not bad enought to prove that every single decision they make about every player is 100% wrong.

How are they able to beat other NFL teams if every decision they make is wrong?

Is this a hopeful 5-5?  Is this a 5-5 that promises better to come?  Or is it a 5-5 that was once 4-1 and is sinking like a boulder?  

And there is more than enough evidence of bad decisions to suggest that jumping to the conclusion that Marvin is capable of stupid is not an unfounded leap.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:24 AM)McC Wrote:   His line sucks balls and that seems like it might be a reflection on him.

Bengals are 11th in the league with a 4.5 yards per carry average despite having only one run of longer than 40 yards.

Bengals are 10th in fewest sacks allowed.

How is the O-line you built and coached performing in the NFL?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:31 AM)McC Wrote: Is this a hopeful 5-5?  Is this a 5-5 that promises better to come?  Or is it a 5-5 that was once 4-1 and is sinking like a boulder?  

It is a 5-5 record that means they beat the coaching staffs of five other NFL teams.

I am not happy with 5-5, but there is no way you can say our coaches are clueless when they have beaten 5 other coaching staffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is a 5-5 record that means they beat the coaching staffs of five other NFL teams.

I am not happy with 5-5, but there is no way you can say our coaches are clueless when they have beaten 5 other coaching staffs.

Of course, going from 4-1 to 5-5 also includes games against Pittsburgh, the Saints, the Chief's and Baltimore. Loss to Pitt was by 7, loss to Baltimore was by 3. NO and KC are blowing though just about everybody, so this was the roughest stretch of the schedule.
Reply/Quote