Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas music
We are getting around that time of year where some radio stations switch to Christmas music. I personally like listening to Christmas music in the car, and will listen as soon as some station starts playing it. There is an XM station now playing it along with a local religious station. Although the local station plays too much of that Christian Rock Christmas crap.

Which leads me to two points:

1. All the good Christmas songs have been written. Quit trying.

2. If you are a more contemporary band and want to make a Christmas album a) see #1 and b) speeding up a classic Christmas song or singing it in a raspy Nickelback voice is not unique and not better. Stop it.

3. Thank you to this board for letting me post absolutely meaningless tripe as a way to vent.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 04:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: We are getting around that time of year where some radio stations switch to Christmas music. I personally like listening to Christmas music in the car, and will listen as soon as some station starts playing it. There is an XM station now playing it along with a local religious station. Although the local station plays too much of that Christian Rock Christmas crap.

1. All the good Christmas songs have been written. Quit trying.

2. If you are a more contemporary band and want to make a Christmas album a) see #1 and b) speeding up a classic Christmas song or singing it in a raspy Nickelback voice is not unique and not better. Stop it.

3. Thank you to this board for letting me post absolutely meaningless tripe as a way to vent.

You're worse than department stores. We haven't even complained about Thanksgiving yet.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 05:26 PM)jason Wrote: You're worse than department stores. We haven't even complained about Thanksgiving yet.

Yeah we did.  Right after OCTOBERfest in September.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Plus I'll start the Thanksgiving complaining as soon as the big stores start advertising how awesome they are because they won't be making their employees work on Thanksgiving. Then WalMart will say FU. We're open. Come on in.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 05:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Plus I'll start the Thanksgiving complaining as soon as the big stores start advertising how awesome they are because they won't be making their employees work on Thanksgiving.  Then WalMart will say FU. We're open.  Come on in.

Black Friday now starts thrusday @ 6 pm. Screw family time come wait in line...
Reply/Quote

When you hear this song you know its almost Christmas....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 05:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Black Friday now starts thrusday @ 6 pm.  Screw family time come wait in line...

Yeah, **** that noise.  Let retail people have the day off, FFS.  Everyone will still line up to buy your cheap, Chinese-manufatured crap Friday morning.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Two contemporary artists with new Christmas songs that you probably won't hear on the radio.  But, they are a staple to my Christmas listening music now.

Corey Taylor, yes that Corey Taylor the lead singer of Slipknot, has a tune out called, 'X-M@$!'.  

and the Dropkick Murphy's, "The Season's Upon Us".

Give those two songs a spin. 

I can't wait to start to listen to X-mas music again.  But, my personal belief is I have to wait until after Turkey Day.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Do not mention that word until T-day has passed, please. No music, no gifts, no decorations, nothing.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 09:50 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Two contemporary artists with new Christmas songs that you probably won't hear on the radio.  But, they are a staple to my Christmas listening music now.

Corey Taylor, yes that Corey Taylor the lead singer of Slipknot, has a tune out called, 'X-M@$!'.  

and the Dropkick Murphy's, "The Season's Upon Us".

Give those two songs a spin. 

I can't wait to start to listen to X-mas music again.  But, my personal belief is I have to wait until after Turkey Day.

The Season's Upon Us is so good.

I think Xmas music should wait until right around 12/10. That gives you two weeks of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 04:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: We are getting around that time of year where some radio stations switch to Christmas music.  I personally like listening to Christmas music in the car, and will listen as soon as some station starts playing it.  There is an XM station now playing it along with a local religious station.  Although the local station plays too much of that Christian Rock Christmas crap.

1.  All the good Christmas songs have been written.  Quit trying.

2.  If you are a more contemporary band and want to make a Christmas album a) see #1 and b) speeding up a classic Christmas song or singing it in a raspy Nickelback voice is not unique and not better.  Stop it.  

This is ALMOST a perfect post.  In fact, until someone can logically explain something wrong with this post, I will give it the perfect label.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 10:53 AM)jason Wrote: The Season's Upon Us is so good.

I think Xmas music should wait until right around 12/10. That gives you two weeks of it.

Should we have all of our shopping done by 12/10 or should that be when the shopping begins
Is the day after Thanksgiving the appropriate time to put lights up outside or any other ideas
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 11:22 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This is ALMOST a perfect post. In fact, until someone can logically explain something wrong with this post, I will give it the perfect label.

Can't be done.  This topic is so important and broadly relevant it could have been posted in most of the other forums as well.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 11:29 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Should we have all of our shopping done by 12/10 or should that be when the shopping begins
Is the day after Thanksgiving the appropriate time to put lights up outside or any other ideas

Leave your lights and decorations up all year. They are pretty. Shop whenever you want. Personally I'm teaching suckers a lesson about the true meaning of Xmas, and ain't getting them shit this year. Just don't listen to the music til December 10th.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 04:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: We are getting around that time of year where some radio stations switch to Christmas music.  I personally like listening to Christmas music in the car, and will listen as soon as some station starts playing it.  There is an XM station now playing it along with a local religious station.  Although the local station plays too much of that Christian Rock Christmas crap.

1.  All the good Christmas songs have been written.  Quit trying.    

2.  If you are a more contemporary band and want to make a Christmas album a) see #1 and b) speeding up a classic Christmas song or singing it in a raspy Nickelback voice is not unique and not better.  Stop it.  

(11-03-2017, 11:22 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This is ALMOST a perfect post.  In fact, until someone can logically explain something wrong with this post, I will give it the perfect label.

Wrong.

You have not listened to Corey Taylor's X-mas! yet. 

Or the DropKick Murphy's, The Season is Upon Us.

The Band also has a really awesome Christmas song called, "Christmas Must Be Tonight".

U2- I Believe in Father Christmas

Chris Issak- Its Christmas Again

There's 5 songs, just off the top of my head, that I have on my Christmas cd that are 'contemporary' artists.  There's still good "new" Christmas music out there.  You just have to look around for it.  

Otherwise, Nickleback can go to Madagascar for the rest of my life and we'd be better off. 
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
all the Christmas music you ever need lol...

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 01:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Wrong.

You have not listened to Corey Taylor's X-mas! yet. 

Or the DropKick Murphy's, The Season is Upon Us.

The Band also has a really awesome Christmas song called, "Christmas Must Be Tonight".

U2- I Believe in Father Christmas

Chris Issak- Its Christmas Again

There's 5 songs, just off the top of my head, that I have on my Christmas cd that are 'contemporary' artists.  There's still good "new" Christmas music out there.  You just have to look around for it.  

Otherwise, Nickleback can go to Madagascar for the rest of my life and we'd be better off. 

Those songs have already been written.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 01:17 PM)jason Wrote: Those songs have already been written.

damn.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 03:12 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: damn.

See you tomorrow at 3:30 EDT Hawk....

O-H !!!

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Ehhhh, Christmas music should NEVER be on the radio until after turkey day.

And it's not that everything has been done, it's just that most have stopped trying. Outside of the timeless classics, there was a real surge in original hits in the 70's and 80's. But then I think most artists just gave up on originality and pressed out lame covers.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote