Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati vs Pittsburg Opening Series Thread
Since it hasn't started yet, GO REDS. It would be great to start winning a series. I have doubts about the weather in Cincy in March, so good luck on that one. I also don't like Steelers / Pirates Fans. That play-off game they yelled Cueto all game was the bush league crap I would expect out of Pittsburg. They also waved their must turd colored terrible towels at that one. GO REDS, BEAT PITTSBURG.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It's Pittsburgh BTW.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm excited to see how Castillo does. Hopefully he pitches a gem.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping the Reds can stay competitive this season and aren't out of it well before the all-star break.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
All I can do is to say, PLAY BALL! ..and may the best team (The Reds) win. 
I'm glad opening day is finally upon us. It's always the final death knell of winter. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Horrible throw back to the infield by Winker.. Soft toss to 2nd letting the go-ahead run score.. Hughes gets charged with the run though.. Not too bright on Bell's behalf to pull Castillo .. Silly except he was over 90 pitches.. Still throwing well.
Right now it feels like Taillon got lucky Castillo got yanked. He'll probably toss a complete game for the W.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Don't believe anything I ever predict.. Peraza! and Diet Rich! (Dietrich for those not keeping score)

Reply/Quote
Holy shit the Red's bench is strong! hell yes!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 07:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Holy shit the Red's bench is strong!  hell yes!

Yes it is !

Sure hope Raisel Iglesias can get out of this funk. He's been in it since the beginning of spring training.
Reply/Quote
Gosh bases are loaded top of the 9th. Thanks Reds for decreasing my overall health on first ball game of season. Nervous
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
And this one belongs to the Reds
Reply/Quote
They won! Historically Reds do horrible in March. So at least they are getting off to a good start. Bench is strong.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Since I live in South Carolina and really wanted to watch opening day I opted to pay the $24.99 for the month for MLB.TV... So far worth the price of a ticket and then some.. 
As an added bonus I got to watch the game with my 90 year old dad without having to drag his tired old bones out to a stadium.. 
When was the last time you ever saw a relief pitcher put in as a defensive replacement in CF? on opening day none the less?
I really thought Hernandez was going to blow it, but then I thought everyone was going to.. lol

Reply/Quote
Good Opening Day WIN. Now win the series. Good Opening Day WIN.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds in first for the moment.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Jose Iglesias has been a stud thus far but I know it is early. The dude is probably the best defensive infielder. I feel sorry for Gennett because if Jose continues to do well, he likely will be extended or he will be traded.

Now if Senzel can join the Red's in the next couple weeks, the offense will be rocking.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Our top 5 hitters weren't great yesterday, but the bottom of our lineup was fantastic haha. We got some good ballplayers on this team!
Reply/Quote
Challenge for a wildcard spot checklist:

Offense - check - I think our O will put up some decent numbers.
Defense fielding - check - I don't think they're awesome but will be adequate.
Bench - check - One of the better bench's in baseball.
Bullpen - check - while not world beaters I think if they're not to wore out by September they could be just enough.

Then the giant question mark ?

Starting pitching - ?????

If I had to bet now I'd say they'll max out around .500. Here's to hoping they surprise us all !
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 11:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Challenge for a wildcard spot checklist:

Offense - check - I think our O will put up some decent numbers.
Defense fielding - check - I don't think they're awesome but will be adequate.
Bench - check - One of the better bench's in baseball.
Bullpen - check - while not world beaters I think if they're not to wore out by September they could be just enough.

Then the giant question mark ?

Starting pitching - ?????

If I had to bet now I'd say they'll max out around .500. Here's to hoping they surprise us all !

If the starters can manage to average over 5 innings per without giving up too many runs we'll be in the running. I think the days of multiple 20 game winners is over and complete games by starters are going to be more rare than earthworms with lion's teeth.. 
 "Here's to hoping they surprise us all !"  Indeed! 

Reply/Quote
So much for game 2..rained out. You could probably use the extra rain, IDK.. We need a bit here in SC.. It's rather dry in these parts this past several weeks.

Reply/Quote