Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clark Harris-extended absence
Clark who was only 6 games behind Kevin Huber in consecutive games, will have an extended absence with a torn bicep. Cal Adomitis will be signed to the active roster to take over LS duties

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hate that for Clark......and us, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t surprise me if he retired.

I expected this to be his last year and so many people were worried about Cal being poached from Practice squad by a team with a long snapper need or injury. That has now become us:

If cal comes in and performs solidly then may be hard for Harris to dislodge him
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hate that for Clark......and us, lol.

Yeah, although Adomitis actually worked out a lot in preseason, including in games, and seemed to be doing fine.

Also, he was an first-team All-American as a long-snapper in 2021, the only long snapper so recognized as a first-team All-American ever, I believe.   And he won an award as the best long snapper in the nation last year.  

Stroke of genius for the Bengals to have added him as a free-agent. Because now he already has experience and so should be seamless.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:49 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, although Adomitis actually worked out a lot in preseason, including in games, and seemed to be doing fine.

Also, he was an All-American as a long-snapper in 2021, the only long snapper so recognized as an All-American, I believe.   And he won an award as the best long snapper in the nation last year.  

Stroke of genius for the Bengals to have added him as a free-agent.

Lucky for us hes still on the PS.

Sad For Clark.    He was So automatic that you forgot he was on the Team till he made a Special teams tackle..
Reply/Quote
Cal looked like he used to rock some Clark Harris hair.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Adomitis was all American, widely considered best snapper in class, was a team captain etc. it sucks for Harris but as far as the future goes if CA comes in and performs then it’s better for us long term.
Reply/Quote
This is what happens when you have 50 year olds not named Tom Brady running around on a professional football field.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:47 PM)gman657 Wrote: Wouldn’t surprise me if he retired.

I expected this to be his last year and so many people were worried about Cal being poached from Practice squad by a team with a long snapper need or injury. That has now become us:

If cal comes in and performs solidly then may be hard for Harris to dislodge him

Reply/Quote
Also feel there is an argument that after the first XP block Harris could have taken the snap in the OT. I know this will be an unpopular argument. But definite possibility it would have been his last snap in NFL so what better way to go out. Just a reminder our RG once played a game after breaking his arm.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:21 PM)pally Wrote:   

Tbh he’s still probably one of best in league and gets paid healthily to snap the ball so he’s probably right not to retire but I still think that may have been his last game for bengals. If adomitis comes in and does well not sure they would risk putting him bsck on practice squad for someone to poach.
Reply/Quote
Damn, that's too bad. Hope he heals up and the replacement ends up being a pro bowl long snapper.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:23 PM)gman657 Wrote: Also feel there is an argument that after the first XP block Harris could have taken the snap in the OT. I know this will be an unpopular argument. But definite possibility it would have been his last snap in NFL so what better way to go out. Just a reminder our RG once played a game after breaking his arm.

He has a torn bicep in his dominant arm. With that injury your shoulder loses strength and you can't rotate your arm.  There is NO way for him to snap a ball with any velocity or aim with that injury.  

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:34 PM)pally Wrote: He has a torn bicep in his dominant arm. With that injury your shoulder loses strength and you can't rotate your arm.  There is NO way for him to snap a ball with any velocity or aim with that injury.  

I’m not 100% disagreeing but adrenaline and things come in to play. You have muscle memory from an action you have done 1000s of times so velocity could have been there . I’m probably being harsh. But I can’t help feeling he would have snapped it better despite the injury. I’m probably wrong which I often am. Can’t help feeling he had one in him.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:49 PM)gman657 Wrote: I’m not 100% disagreeing but adrenaline and things come in to play. You have muscle memory from an action you have done 1000s of times so velocity could have been there . I’m probably being harsh. But I can’t help feeling he would have snapped it better despite the injury. I’m probably wrong which I often am. Can’t help feeling he had one in him.

You can't have muscle memory without the muscle.  Adrenaline can overcome a lot, but we're not talking about overcoming pain here. Without an intact muscle, he would be lucky if he could even grasp the ball let alone throw it back over twenty feet with velocity and aim  Additionally, without the use of his arm, he would have been risking even more serious injury because of the inability to block.  

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:55 PM)gman657 Wrote: Adomitis was all American, widely considered best snapper in class, was a team captain etc. it sucks for Harris but as far as the future goes if CA comes in and performs then it’s better for us long term.

Adomitis is the first long-snapper recognized as an All American. (Although, to be fair, they just added the long-snapper position to the All-American team.)

https://www.cardiachill.com/2021/12/16/22839119/cal-adomitis-first-ncaa-recognized-all-american-long-snapper-pitt-panthers-football-afca-senior-bowl
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:49 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, although Adomitis actually worked out a lot in preseason, including in games, and seemed to be doing fine.

Also, he was an first-team All-American as a long-snapper in 2021, the only long snapper so recognized as a first-team All-American ever, I believe.   And he won an award as the best long snapper in the nation last year.  

Stroke of genius for the Bengals to have added him as a free-agent. Because now he already has experience and so should be seamless.

Yes, good call. We seem to be in good hands. Too bad he wasn't active yesterday....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
With Cal Adomitis becoming the 'starting' longsnapper, who is going to replace Wilcox as our backup longsnapper because we clearly need an upgrade at that position.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: With Cal Adomitis becoming the 'starting' longsnapper, who is going to replace Wilcox as our backup longsnapper because we clearly need an upgrade at that position.

Tell Cal to head to the sidelines after the punt is off as far as I’m concerned
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote