Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Act Dalton
Completely outplayed the pig...too bad he didn't get even close to a fair game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton had a GREAT game. That may have been the most accurate I've seen him.

Unfortunately Lafell and Green had atleast 3 drops. The one long TD to Green was erroneously called back.
Reply/Quote
We can mentally say we won that game, lol. Sigh. Dalton looked killer in the fist half.

Where is that team the rest of the year. Something caused them to play like that. WHAT WAS IT! That wasn't luck.

Watching a Bengals Steelers game feels like I'm taken back 10 years to the Ray Lewis era.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:17 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We can mentally say we won that game

No team that has 173 penalty yards can say that they "won mentally".  Mentally, the Bengals got annihilated. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 100% wrong. Dalton does not wilt. He is as tough as they come. Did you not watch him get out of the play where Dupree had him? The only QB in this league that could play better behind this line, with the kind of pressure Dalton faces on a daily basis, (although the line does seem to be playing better since Smith took over) is Rogers. Brady would fold, Rapistboy would fake an injury, and everyone else would be running for their lives.

I wish I could tell myself fairy tails like that and believe them. It must be bliss! Dalton wilts...that is a fact. He shrinks under the hot light of pressure. But as the OP stated he is a good guy.
Reply/Quote
Count me in the not impressed with Dalton going to pray with the Steelers camp. I want to see him so pissed after a loss like that he heads straight for the locker room.

As far as how he played, I thought he had a great game. And I’ve been about as hard on him as anyone this season.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:26 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You know what's even easier to root for? Players that can win a game in the clutch. 

Dalton's a great guy. Lovely. Maybe he should retire and help the homeless or sick kids full time. It would be a much better use of his talents. 

Dalton is at least a competent QB, he's not Tim Tebow 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Dalton is at least a competent QB, he's not Tim Tebow 

I know. Tebow won a playoff game. Against the Steelers, no less. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Too many other glaring holes for me to worry about Andy right now. He's played above average for the past 10 weeks. And yes, if there has ever been a dude, who's been ridiculed unfairly, and deserves some serious success, it's him.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I know. Tebow won a playoff game. Against the Steelers, no less. 

Tebow was greatly aided by the talent around him, plus he wasn't coached by Marvin Lewis 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 100% wrong. Dalton does not wilt. He is as tough as they come. Did you not watch him get out of the play where Dupree had him? The only QB in this league that could play better behind this line, with the kind of pressure Dalton faces on a daily basis, (although the line does seem to be playing better since Smith took over) is Rogers. Brady would fold, Rapistboy would fake an injury, and everyone else would be running for their lives.

Nice post Sled, Dalton also had his 2nd best passer rating against the Steelers last night and should of had 3 TD's.

He has been great at not turning the ball over lately as well and gives us a great chance at a win every week even with
this poor pass blocking O-line and the worst 2nd half coach in all of football. Dalton is not the problem and i agree with
the OP, is a great man and a class act.

Would love to get an aggressive offensive minded HC here and see what he could do.

I find it totally unfair to bash Dalton with what is going on here.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post Sled, Dalton also had his 2nd best passer rating against the Steelers last night and should of had 3 TD's.

He has been great at not turning the ball over lately as well and gives us a great chance at a win every week even with
this poor pass blocking O-line and the worst 2nd half coach in all of football. Dalton is not the problem and i agree with
the OP, is a great man and a class act.

Would love to get an aggressive offensive minded HC here and see what he could do.

I find it totally unfair to bash Dalton with what is going on here.

No shit man. There's at least a half dozen other reasons that affected the game more.

Dalton was probably one of the most positive standouts in the whole damn game.

The wheels fell off in the second half on both sides of the ball again.

Shocker!!

Big Pig and his sloth ass even outran our D.

Boyd, Lafell, Green all dropping easy passes in their hands.

Dumbass defense playing touch football and watching Bell highstep his way for a 35 yd TD.

DreK firing up the non-tackling penalty accruing machine.

Iloka looking like he wants to dot someone more than actually playing for the ball.

Just stupidity that trickles down from our moron coach and staff.

Yet we just want to pin it on the QB.

How f'n convenient.

Let's just "make believe" none of that shit ever happened.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:22 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Tebow was greatly aided by the talent around him, plus he wasn't coached by Marvin Lewis 

Sorry, i'm not trying to pick on you. I'm just sick and ***** tired of all the excuses as to why a Bengals player or coach couldn't do this or that. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sorry, i'm not trying to pick on you. I'm just sick and ***** tired of all the excuses as to why a Bengals player or coach couldn't do this or that. 

No worries. I hear ya on that though. Dalton has been playing great recently but when it's clutch time, well... Let's just say I'm not filled with confidence. But I think the lack of clutch performances is more on coaching than Dalton or anyone else. We are a far cry from what we were in 2009.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:26 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You know what's even easier to root for? Players that can win a game in the clutch. 

Dalton's a great guy. Lovely. Maybe he should retire and help the homeless or sick kids full time. It would be a much better use of his talents. 

RIGHT! I completely forgot Dalton dropped a long second down pass, after being sacked because he whiffed on a block and then I completely forgot he dropped two passes on third down...Oh...Oh...he didn't do that.

And yes, to counter any argument you have in reference to 'negative' play Dalton had. Yes, he didn't hit any deep balls. Minus the one that was taken back...but beyond that. He looked absolutely terrible zipping passes around against a great defensive unit.

I also forgot Dalton allowed them to score 20 points, including a field goal with 31 seconds left before half and the final drive...

Dalton really has to get it together.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I know. Tebow won a playoff game. Against the Steelers, no less. 

He played decent. Everyone remembers the final play to beat the Steelers, which was an incredible effort on a slant pass. That, as Dalton haters usually point out, requires 'minimal' effort. The stiff arm, and ability to run down the field 80 yards was the actual play. He was 10/21 on the day. (also noted that Thomas had 4 catches for 200+ yards...)

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:56 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Gio was there and another lineman. Agreed, there could have been a bigger contingent. How many Steelers were there when Burfict got carted off? How many when Gio did? Remember, Shazier was celebrating on the field while Gio was still down. Maybe that's why more didn't go over. 

Took a lot of class for Gio to pray for the guy who tried to end his career intentionally and my guess is you are 100% correct on why more guys weren't there. Shazier is dirty as hell and gets a pass for it, and my guess would be most of this team is sick of the narrative that Shazier is this great player who just plays hard when anyone can see he is trying to end guys games if not careers. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:04 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: He played decent. Everyone remembers the final play to beat the Steelers, which was an incredible effort on a slant pass. That, as Dalton haters usually point out, requires 'minimal' effort. The stiff arm, and ability to run down the field 80 yards was the actual play. He was 10/21 on the day. (also noted that Thomas had 4 catches for 200+ yards...)

Some guys are winners they can get it done with 10/21 type numbers....then you have those guys who wilt under pressure. The stat sheet may look ok but it results in a L.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:51 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Honestly I'm super scared we might give the Brown their first win next week.

don't feel bad someones got to do it
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: No shit man. There's at least a half dozen other reasons that affected the game more.

Dalton was probably one of the most positive standouts in the whole damn game.

The wheels fell off in the second half on both sides of the ball again.

Shocker!!

Big Pig and his sloth ass even outran our D.

Boyd, Lafell, Green all dropping easy passes in their hands.

Dumbass defense playing touch football and watching Bell highstep his way for a 35 yd TD.

DreK firing up the non-tackling penalty accruing machine.

Iloka looking like he wants to dot someone more than actually playing for the ball.

Just stupidity that trickles down from our moron coach and staff.

Yet we just want to pin it on the QB.

How f'n convenient.

Let's just "make believe" none of that shit ever happened.

I noticed when burfict was out we made a big mistake with minter that guy is horrible....
Reply/Quote