Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Bungles
(11-17-2015, 02:42 AM)WildCat Wrote: it's a simple answer, you just haven't reached it yet shake. the older you get as a fan of this team the more jaded you become. i predict he probably is at least 50+ i'm only 38 and i'm pretty sure that god hates the bengals too.

42 here and yes it is something that comes from being a fan for so long.  This is the frustrating thing about this team and why nobody outside Cincy can trust this team. The media hypes up Eifert, Dalton, Our O-line hell even Hue before (most)prime time game's and, these very strengths come out and flop. Our star players usually on offense just look horrible, making experts look like complete idiots. We have a special way of losing when the lights are on more than not. So yes i can relate to the OP But! If us winning in the regular season and not the post season means nothing to the ones who say just wait till the playoffs, well shouldnt the same logic apply to this loss? It means nothing, we are 8-1 I will take that any day.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:26 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Just remember this when we lose in our first playoff game this year. I'll make sure you do.

What's this "we" crap? Idiot
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not even worried about this team's record because it seems we still carry that "Can lose at any given time" stigma with us.
purrtyy much. go fig.

(11-17-2015, 03:04 AM)samhain Wrote: Screw it.  We're 8-1.  If you asked almost any person on this board if they'd be satisfied with that kind of record at this point in the season, they'd have said yes and told you that you were nuts.

New flash:  This team is not the 72 Dolphins.  Nobody has been since.  They were going to lose at some point, and now is as good a time as any.  Time to get some perspective and move on toward the ultimate goal.

On to Arizona.
it's not "IF" you lose it's "WHO" you lose to. also, 2007 patriots damn near dethroned dem dolphins.
(11-17-2015, 03:12 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I became a fan in the early 90's. I've been a fan through lots of losing and no playoff wins, so I'm as jaded as the next guy. This dude wasn't jaded, he was just a troll. Look all the way back through his post history.
fair enough. dude was banned so apparently i chose the wrong side.
(11-17-2015, 03:22 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Looking flat?  No, not getting it.  Good teams occasionally have flat games like that.  
Watch some other NFL teams and get some perspective.  

good teams beat other teams, esp. good teams. a flat game for them was the giants, yet they still won. how about that for other NFL teams perspective. hue bettah figure out that running the football is of uber importance. quit ***** around HUE!
Reply/Quote
Any so called fan that uses the word Bungles is a turd, period.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:23 AM)TKUHL Wrote: 42 here and yes it is something that comes from being a fan for so long.  This is the frustrating thing about this team and why nobody outside Cincy can trust this team. The media hypes up Eifert, Dalton, Our O-line hell even Hue before (most)prime time game's and, these very strengths come out and flop. Our star players usually on offense just look horrible, making experts look like complete idiots. We have a special way of losing when the lights are on more than not. So yes i can relate to the OP But! If us winning in the regular season and not the post season means nothing to the ones who say just wait till the playoffs, well shouldnt the same logic apply to this loss? It means nothing, we are 8-1 I will take that any day.

I WILL NOT take that any day of any week. 8-1 can suck my ballsack. SuperBowl 50 . that's it anything less is failure. period point blank. superbowl or stick it up your ass marvin and mike.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:31 AM)WildCat Wrote: purrtyy much. go fig.

it's not "IF" you lose it's "WHO" you lose to. also, 2007 patriots damn near dethroned dem dolphins.
fair enough. dude was banned so apparently i chose the wrong side.

good teams beat other teams, esp. good teams. a flat game for them was the giants, yet they still won. how about that for other NFL teams perspective. hue bettah figure out that running the football is of uber importance. quit ***** around HUE!

The Texans have a defense with several blue chip players.  When they get it together as they did tonight, they're a very good unit.  They're offense sucks and the defense pretty much shut them down outside of one circus catch.  That's who beat us.  A team playing for their life going up against a team that was likely looking past them.   
Reply/Quote
So when someone is banned, what exactly does that mean?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:36 AM)WildCat Wrote: I WILL NOT take that any day of any week. 8-1 can suck my ballsack. SuperBowl 50 . that's it anything less is failure. period point blank. superbowl or stick it up your ass marvin and mike.

Have to agree with this.  If they don't make the SB, its a failure.  As it has been the last 20+ years.  

That being said, I had this as a loss on the schedule since the schedule came out.  Texans have our number.  JJ scares the shit out of Andy.  Hue was trying to be too cute way too far into this game in order to secure his next gig.  We were too good ATS thus far this year.  Stumble was bound to happen.  Too many people to blame in all honesty.

Real test will be how we come out and perform against a better team, on the road, also in prime time.  We loose in AZ and I'll start to worry about our chances in Jan.  Still have a half full weller in front of me that needs to hit my gullet.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:08 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: ^ This. 

Do you see the really good teams getting beat at home by garbage teams? If you lose on the road, eh..it happens, but to not defend your home field against a garbage team with a 3rd string QB scoring a touchdown, and a running back that has been kicked around the league. That is actually a problem. The bigger issue is now you need New England to lose 2 games, and pray you win out or you get to go to New England for the playoffs, and after this effort and the game film of this that how do you not see Brady and Belicheat just owning this team?

Welp, I agree with you for the most part BUT the Steelers are a fairly competitive team and they routinely lose to awful teams at home and still make the playoffs.  Last year the 4-12 Jets, 2-14 Bucs, 7-9 Saints all beat them and they had a decent season derailed by a key injury (not that those were ALL home losses, but you know).  The Patriots lost to the Chiefs BADLY and went on to win the Super Bowl.

But here is the thing (not specifically addressing you on this one)...you can't expect to be a good team because you FAIL in the same way a good team once failed.  That's like a baseball player thinking he is becoming more like Babe Ruth the closer he gets to the Great Bambino's 1,330 strike-out total.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:41 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: So when someone is banned, what exactly does that mean?

It means their dissenting voice is no longer welcome here, all their REP points are donated to charity and their picture is placed on a small board next to the cashier.

...Until they come back in a couple of days.
Reply/Quote
Vent this shit out. Then deal with it. Almost no one wins every game. O. P. is a terrible fan I know I don't want around.
[Image: 8lCdYWF.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:56 AM)FuZZ Wrote: Vent this shit out. Then deal with it. Almost no one wins every game. O. P. is a terrible fan I know I don't want around.

If it wasn't him, it would have been someone else.  GUARANTEED.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:57 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: If it wasn't him, it would have been someone else.  GUARANTEED.

For sure, but come on. Get over a loss. They happen. Disappointing fans are almost worse than the disappointing offense.
[Image: 8lCdYWF.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Welp, I agree with you for the most part BUT the Steelers are a fairly competitive team and they routinely lose to awful teams at home and still make the playoffs.  Last year the 4-12 Jets, 2-14 Bucs, 7-9 Saints all beat them and they had a decent season derailed by a key injury (not that those were ALL home losses, but you know).  The Patriots lost to the Chiefs BADLY and went on to win the Super Bowl.

But here is the thing (not specifically addressing you on this one)...you can't expect to be a good team because you FAIL in the same way a good team once failed.  That's like a baseball player thinking he is becoming more like Babe Ruth the closer he gets to the Great Bambino's 1,330 strike-out total.

At some point you have to give credit to Houston for the way they just shut down the Greatest Commercial On Turf. ok j//k . Other teams will be watching the Texans D film.
Reply/Quote
My issue with this game, and with all our playoff games is that our offense goes from whatever ranking it is to well beneath the 32nd rank. Points per game we were ranked 5th with 26.1. Today? We scored 6 measly points which puts us well below the last-ranked 49ers who average 14 points per game.

6 points. 6 freaking points.

My issue is that there are certain games where the offense turns in a score that would make the most pitiful offense in the league call it a "bad day." This seems to be completely unrelated to the amount of talent we have on the team, as well. If you score 6 points in today's NFL, even if it's just one game, you are probably just a team that is bad every week. But we aren't...we just turn into less than HALF of the worst NFL offense for 1 game at a time every now and then. It's really quite fascinating.

We were at home and held the opposing team to 10 points. We lost. This defies logic.

EDIT: I may as well keep going (I think I'm the last one on here, anyways) but I figured I'd give the Texans D some credit and see how other teams did against them.

Kansas City Chiefs.............................L 20–27
at Carolina Panthers..........................L 17–24
Tampa Bay Buccaneers.....................W 19–9
at Atlanta Falcons..............................L 21–48
Indianapolis Colts..............................L 20–27
at Jacksonville Jaguars.......................W 31–20
at Miami Dolphins..............................L 26–44
Tennessee Titans..............................W 20–6
at Cincinnati Bengals.........................W 10–6

So let's see, the Texans came in giving up an average of 23.4 points per game. They gave up the least amount to us (and a Titans team that has defined "crap team" for years now), and have given up over 40 points twice. We average 26.1 points per game, so an average day could have beaten their average defense BUT we held them to 10..AMAZING...only to totally stank it up in response. This just reminds me of the playoff games. The offense just turns in a performance that will win you roughly 1% of NFL games, if that.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 58724159.jpg]
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 05:04 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: [Image: 58724159.jpg]

If by "delete" you mean "pleasure" then I'm WAAAAAAAAAYYYY ahead of you.
Reply/Quote
They are 8-1 and deserve more credit and faith.

Not ready to abandon this ship just yet.

Just got to clean up the mistakes and refocus.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bandwagons go away now. Every single game thread this season has people in some points of the game just jumping off the ledge, can yall take your female habits elsewhere as well?
Reply/Quote
FYI Bengals v. Browns was not even half the national audience only on NFLN (Not even CBS). It was a prime time game tho, but nobody saw it, so last nights game was the first time the nation got a chance to see the "new" Bengals. They were left wondering what all the fuss was about.

This game brought back all of our primetime, national tv game demons. And that's troublesome for those who thought maybe things had changed. Were not going to play a team as "bad' as the Texans in the playoff's in primetime. And yet we see the results.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote