Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clean House
(09-24-2020, 09:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Anything dairy that involves microbes, is just a mystery; Yogurt, for example, I've consumed over 3 months past best before (I know BB dates are mandated by the respective country's departments and not always indicative of ACTUAL expiry) and Sour Cream, up to 6 months. Of course, the mould gets removed before I consume it, but my family has been consuming dairy past BB date my entire life and we've had no issues.

You know you can leave hard cheese out of the fridge for 2 months (60 days) and it won't spoil? Needs to be vacuumed-packed though, otherwise mould WILL get to it and fast. Last year, our real estate agent friend of the family, gave us a Christmas basket on Nov. 30th and on Christmas morning, we undo the plastic/cellophane and lo and behold, white Balderson extra old cheese. I immediately look up if it's safe and yes, within 60 days, it's good! LOL

Tasted awesome and we enjoyed every crumb.

If your cheddar gets moldy, just cut the outside off, the inside is still tasty...
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If your cheddar gets moldy, just cut the outside off, the inside is still tasty...

Indeed!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Clean house? You think this is a house? Outhouse, maybe?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 02:28 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Yup.

Most coordinators are looking at the job as an opportunity to spring board into a HC job.  Attaching yourself to this coach may kill your career aspirations.

Not to mention the fact that with Taylor currently calling plays he clearly considers himself a compentent OC.  Even if he were to hand over the duties to someone else, I have a feeling they'd be scared off by him wanting to meddle or give his opinion on every single thing.

If I'm OC/DC under the age of 55, I'm not touching Zac Taylor with a 10ft pole.  You could find yourself coaching QB's, or being the OC at Colorado St. in the future, through no fault of your own.  You just hitched your wagon to an absolute loser.

You may lack courage and vision but most OCs would welcome the chance to hitch their wagon to Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely 100% false; SOME varietals and regions, will have their wines get better with age, but the majority of wines in the world need to be consumed within a certain amount of time, otherwise they're, well, shit.

I hate that that line has become part of the lexicon of the English Language and it isn't true.

Fine. How about this....

You need time and pressure to make a diamond.
Time and pressure on a turd just leaves you with an old compressed turd.

Sometimes you just have to recognize and accept you have a turd and not a future diamond.

- - - - - -

I still call ZT a turd, you get your wishes of no more wine-better-with-age. Happy? Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Anything dairy that involves microbes, is just a mystery; Yogurt, for example, I've consumed over 3 months past best before (I know BB dates are mandated by the respective country's departments and not always indicative of ACTUAL expiry) and Sour Cream, up to 6 months. Of course, the mould gets removed before I consume it, but my family has been consuming dairy past BB date my entire life and we've had no issues.

You know you can leave hard cheese out of the fridge for 2 months (60 days) and it won't spoil? Needs to be vacuumed-packed though, otherwise mould WILL get to it and fast. Last year, our real estate agent friend of the family, gave us a Christmas basket on Nov. 30th and on Christmas morning, we undo the plastic/cellophane and lo and behold, white Balderson extra old cheese. I immediately look up if it's safe and yes, within 60 days, it's good! LOL

Tasted awesome and we enjoyed every crumb.

now I am wondering if that is actually you in avatar
Reply/Quote
also if your bread is getting moldy, you may save it for the time you need pencillin antibiotic for some reason, since you are Growing that
Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of ZT not making OL change either, but at the same time its not like we are deep in that area. Johnson got his first start a RG which may not even be his best position, but its hard to judge a guy after one single start. Now if he doesnt show improvement against the Eagles, I will be really shocked to not see changes made, however at the same time, Billy Price has apparently been sightly injured like he has his entire short career here. Have we even seen him play 100% healthy yet? Not that I'm too optimistic about him, but it seems like he get banged up a lot. We really need to find a way to open up holes for Mixon because it takes the pressure off Burrow. That's #1 on the O imo.

Another side of the story is like it or not, both the Chargers an Clowns have very stout DLs. I know its easy to throw the Clowns under the bus, but the truth is, they have a roster loaded with very good talent. They could easily end up a playoff caliber team if they find a way to pull it together. Its just too early in the season to tell. Not too mention you never know how it will go in the battle of Ohio. They hardly ever go as expected based on the stats of both teams.

I'm more worried about the DL at the moment, and the tackling issues of the D as a whole. Burrow is finding ways to move the ball and should get better, but if we cant stop the run we are screwed. We are getting gutted by RBs and it has to stop. That would go a long way in fixing everything, including the offense, imo.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 10:53 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Quoting this so don’t get in trouble by one of these super sensitive overlords for referring to you as ‘guts’ going forward.  

Carry on guts.

Don't worry about it. I've called him worse.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 07:24 AM)Skans Wrote: And the Chargers lost.

They beat the Bengals with their backup QB, whom I presume isn't as good as their rookie starter.

Reply/Quote
Clean it now!! These coaches have no idea what it takes to win. Promote Darrin Simmons to Head Coach. Hire Hue as O coordinator and Wade Phillips as D coordinator and salvage what is left of this season and the players self worth...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:04 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Clean it now!! These coaches have no idea what it takes to win. Promote Darrin Simmons to Head Coach. Hire Hue as O coordinator and Wade Phillips as D coordinator and salvage what is left of this season and the players self worth...

You don't hire new Coordinators mid season. If we let coaches go, its inside guys that take over. 
Reply/Quote
The Front Office has an unenviable choice: Either clean house or risk the life of our shiny new franchise quarterback. Joe Burrow is going to be this century’s Greg Cook if things don’t change right BLEEPing now; I mean this week. Black Monday needs to come early for the Cincinnati Bengals and I mean tomorrow, not the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
You haven't followed the Bengals recently have you?

Marvin fired O coordinator Bill Lazor in season

Marvin fired D coordinator Teryl Austin in season...

The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 09:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: In 2000, Bill Belichick ended his first season of coaching the New England Patriots with a 5-11 record.
In 2001, the Patriots started 0-2 (one of those losses to the Bengals, BTW) but went on to finish 11-5 and Bill Belichick went on to be one of the greatest coaches in NFL history.

Now, is Zac going to have the same career trajectory? I very highly doubt it. However, can you imagine how STUPID it would've been for the Patriots to show Belichick the door after starting 0-2 in his 2nd season?

You are forgetting about last year. He is now officially 2-20 as the Bengals head coach.
Reply/Quote
How many more times can we as fans witness the atrocious play calling that this man has brought to Cincy? Marvin Lewis got 6 runs out of an even worse team than what the Bengals currently have. Zac Taylor is quite possibly the worst head coach in NFL history and he needs to be fired
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:10 PM)JSR18 Wrote: You haven't followed the Bengals recently have you?

Marvin fired O coordinator Bill Lazor in season

Marvin fired D coordinator Teryl Austin in season...

Once you are done blaming it on coordinators, only the head coach is left to blame. 
Reply/Quote
That last series for the eagles in the 4th quarter was gift wrapped to them by the refs. Absolutely horse shit calls. I’m not blaming the tie on that cuz we certainly could’ve played better. Those calls to keep the other team in the game is all too familiar
Reply/Quote
This is pretty hyperbolic. All three games have been close. We are in the middle of a rebuild with a rookie QB and a bad offensive line. We have a lot of good pieces on this team and a long season in front of us.
Reply/Quote
Taylor only got the HC job because he knew Mcvay, and was the QB coach for the Rams. He had no right being hired as the HC, it shows how stupid the Bengals front office is. Mike brown knows nothing about the game of football. It's only money to him
Reply/Quote