Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Browns Fire Sale
A... Pettine said the trade rumors were BS... the starters who are healthy start Thursday night. B.... Browns always play us tough, so I would not get karma pissed by saying this will be an easy game. Remember, our guys are still going to be sore as all get out.....
Reply/Quote
So will they.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 09:17 PM)Big Boss Wrote: So will they.

Yes, but it's a factor...
Reply/Quote
I would absolutely love to have Mack on this team, but it will not happen. The Browns will never trade a star player to a division rival. On top of that, if the planets aligned and the Browns forgot everything about football and we somehow wound up with Mack, we'd need to tweak his contract. The guy has a clause where he can opt out of his deal after this season. Could you imagine trading a 2nd round pick for a player who will play half a season?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Mack is a terrific player. If the Bengals acquired a player like that in the offseason, I'd be pretty excited.

This isn't the offseason. Offensive lines thrive on chemistry and familiarity. I'm not sure grabbing a center from another team and inserting him into the starting lineup would net the upgrade that people would expect. It takes time, even for excellent players, to get used to playing alongside new line mates.
Reply/Quote
No way in hell they trade us jack ****.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Looked like Dalton took his eyes off the ball.

Yep.....it was a little high....but he should've had it.  The bigger problem was him constantly being shoved into Dalton's lap.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: How do you know that?

Seems to me, if he was late with the snap count, everyone but him would have false started.

If he was early, he would have snapped it when Andy wasn't ready, and no TO would have been used.

So otherwise you are speculating as to why we called a TO.

Looked to me like he couldn't get his blocking assignment right on that play....he kept looking back at Andy and pointing pre snap, and finally Dalton burned the TO.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:33 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: What is the purpose of getting rid of their best players?  Is their owner cashing out and selling?
stock up on picks and bring in a new team next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:33 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: What is the purpose of getting rid of their best players? Is their owner cashing out and selling?

dumping salary.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:33 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: What is the purpose of getting rid of their best players?  Is their owner cashing out and selling?

Get draft picks and try to bring in more of your "own" players.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:49 PM)pally Wrote: Mack has a no trade clause so he would have to approve any trade.  In addition he has an opt out clause for next year in his contract.  So it may very well be in his overall best interest to hit free agency next year

You don't think he could be lured to be traded to a guaranteed playoff team and a potential Super Bowl ring vs. being banished to 'Football Hell' in Cleveland?
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:39 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: You don't think he could be lured to be traded to a guaranteed playoff team and a potential Super Bowl ring vs. being banished to 'Football Hell' in Cleveland?

I think Mack would be willing to leave no matter what. Let's not forget that the opt out clause in his deal was put in by the Jaguars.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:43 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think Mack would be willing to leave no matter what. Let's not forget that the opt out clause in his deal was put in by the Jaguars.

yeah... Get a deal done with mack MACK can say no due to his no trade clause... But why would he if his team is dumping everyone else.

Dont even know the pick value.... 2nd or 1st since we are predicted to be drafting pretty late next year
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:46 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: That would be fantastic, but I don't see us doing that.

Get him here today. He can bring his playbook.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
I haven't seen much of Hawkins this year. Perhaps we could get him back.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
How do you think this plan to accumulate draft picks sounds to the Browns fans?

In the last seven drafts the Brown have had

10 first round picks
10 second round picks
8 third round picks.

That is seven extra picks (basically an entire years draft) all in the first three rounds.
Reply/Quote
Browns franchise is a mess. Most Browns fans are dumb; they talk like they're going to the super bowl every year before the season starts. They cheered when they drafted John Manziel. We cheered, too.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote