Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clinton/Kaine
Tim Kaine, former Governor and current Senator of Virginia has been selected as Hillary's VP.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I was shocked at this, to be honest. As a Virginia this has obviously been a topic of conversation. He's a good pick for the job as a former governor and current senator. But I was expecting Vilsack to help her sway more from the disgruntled GOP roles.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-22-2016, 09:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was shocked at this, to be honest. As a Virginia this has obviously been a topic of conversation. He's a good pick for the job as a former governor and current senator. But I was expecting Vilsack to help her sway more from the disgruntled GOP roles.

I guess the idea of a young minority was deemed too risky, hence so serious talks of Castro or Booker this past month. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Hell, if this guy was running for President I might pick him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-22-2016, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, if this guy was running for President I might pick him.

Kaine and Warner are both pretty good centrist politicians even though they have a D next to their names. Warner doesn't carry the party's banner enough, though, or he might've also been on the list.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-22-2016, 10:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I guess the idea of a young minority was deemed too risky, hence so serious talks of Castro or Booker this past month. 

Yeah, not this time. Instead they went with "he's not a minority but he speaks your language!"

(07-22-2016, 10:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Kaine and Warner are both pretty good centrist politicians even though they have a D next to their names. Warner doesn't carry the party's banner enough, though, or he might've also been on the list.

It's kind of Ironic. Both the Rep and Dem nominees chose a VP candidate that moved the ticket more to the right.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-22-2016, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's kind of Ironic. Both the Rep and Dem nominees chose a VP candidate that moved the ticket more to the right.

It's because they are both trying to win over the same people: mainline Republicans unhappy with Trump as the candidate.

White, southern and could try to George Bush his way into three terms (at least) for the same establishment. Fairly safe choice.
Some of the more liberal types on Twitter are none too happy. The Samantha B Full Frontal account has some rather amusing campaign signs going on.

So we have two sets. And not a single veteran. People who want to talk about war and send people to war but have never been there.

Sweet.....

I will probably just write in Jim Webb. Any of these 3rd party candidates vets?

Bunch of ***** lawyers and billionaires calling the shots.
(07-23-2016, 03:05 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So we have two sets. And not a single veteran. People who want to talk about war and send people to war but have never been there.

Sweet.....

At least Kaine has a son serving. That would make someone put serious thought into the decision.

(07-23-2016, 03:05 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So we have two sets. And not a single veteran. People who want to talk about war and send people to war but have never been there.

Sweet.....

But Trump went to military school and knows more than a lot of the generals.  People have told him.

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=41501
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.