Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clowns Attacking?
Are these clowns of a political persuasion? Carrying rosary beads?

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:33 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Apparently in Grand Rapids, Michigan a kid was accosted by one of these tools who dragged a knife edge up and down the kids arm before he shook free and bolted.

All I know is I see one of these bastards skulking around my home, I'm shooting first. And before you get all high and mighty about it, consider I'm talking about tagging them with a hand crossbow bolt. You wanna play psychological nonsense with me? Look at the arrow sticking out of your leg and know I'm aiming low.

Said the same thing around here.  Anyone foolish enough to try and play that game will probably just end up another dead guy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Its been happening here in Calgary since last week too, so its spreading everywhere.

Thankfully, when I walk to work (6.3 miles) every morning, its too early for them...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I keep hoping one jumps out at me, but I'm guessing they mostly target women and children, and not grown men walking their Rottweiler.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:53 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Its been happening here in Calgary since last week too, so its spreading everywhere.

Thankfully, when I walk to work (6.3 miles) every morning, its too early for them...

It happens at all times here 4/5 am
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 09:56 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Went to traders world last weekend and got myself a knife to carry in my pocket as I walk my dog at night a lot around 11/12.  Got my better half a stun gun, $20.  10,000,000 volts and also has a flashlight.  It has a wrist band on it that plugs into the stun gun.  If the wrist ban isn't plugged in it won't work meaning someone couldn't use it against you.   It's not much but something, and the noise alone may deter someone from attempting anything 

Oh yea, I live in Sharonville.  Next to reading and even had a couple "sightings" as well.  Not scared at all, but this shit has to stop.

Yes there was a "sighting" in the wooded area at Sharondale Elementary last week. Didn't shut the school down though.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:25 AM)jason Wrote: Shit's gonna hit the fan when these clowns pick the wrong one. This is a concealed carry state.

yup....and i'll laugh when it does.

act like a clown, don't be surprised when you get treated like a clown.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh, really?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/09/28/what-we-know-creepy-clown-reports-across-nation/91171858/

Ohio

Colerain Police Department in Cincinnati, Ohio, arrested a juvenile Sept. 29 in connection with clown threats to harm students at Colerain High School.

Reading schools are closed Friday after a woman reported being attacked by a male dressed as a clown. The woman told police that the attacker made a threat against students. No arrests have been made in the attack and schools were closed out of concern for of students that walk to school early, according to the Reading Community City School District.

Around 2 a.m. Sept. 27, a woman called police in Lancaster, Ohio, saying she saw someone dressed as a clown holding a large kitchen knife. Police talked with witnesses at the scene who said they saw two people dressed as clowns: one in a gold suit with balloon and another in all black. Officers checked, but were unable to locate the clowns.

Really.

http://www.lightningsafety.com/nlsi_pls/probability.html

General Interest #7

Lightning Strike Probabilities
1. ASSUME -
Quote:
Quote:4 CG flashes/km2/yr/average
House is 10 X 20 m2 = 200 m2
Direct strike to house when lightning hits within 10 m
Predicted strike (1200 X4)/1 000 000 =
4.8 X 10 -3 or once ea. 200 years
Therefore - 1 out of 200 house will be struck per year.
2. ASSUME -
Quote:
Quote:USA population = 280,000,000
1000 lightning victims/year/average
Odds = 1 : 280,000 of being struck by lightning
For a more complete discussion, see Determining the Probability of Lightning Striking a Facility

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3819766/Woman-18-falsely-claimed-victim-terrifying-clown-attack-excuse-running-late-job.html

Veterinary technician student, 18, falsely claimed she was victim of a terrifying clown attack 'as an excuse for running late for her job'
  • Alexsandra Conley of Reading, Ohio, claimed that a knife wielding man dressed as a clown had attacked her at 6am on Saturday
  • The teen said he climbed over a fence and slashed her thumb with a knife
  • When police found inconsistencies she admitted she'd made up the tale because she was late for work and didn't want to get in trouble
  • Conley, 18, has now been charged with making false police reports

Read more: [/url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3819766/Woman-18-falsely-claimed-victim-terrifying-clown-attack-excuse-running-late-job.html#ixzz4MPX7BKCr
Follow us: [url=http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline]
@MailOnline on Twitter | [/url]DailyMail on Facebook

[url=http://fox2now.com/2016/09/29/no-truth-to-creepy-clown-reports-in-rolla-police-say/]
http://fox2now.com/2016/09/29/no-truth-to-creepy-clown-reports-in-rolla-police-say/

ROLLA, MO (KTVI) – The Rolla Police Department has had it with these creepy clown stories. At least one officer in the department took to Facebook to vent their frustration about chasing down enough false reports to cram into a clown car.
The officer spent the day responding to different cases involving creepy clowns, including one man’s claim that he was attacked and stabbed, and other assertions that clowns with Facebook accounts were “luring people to their doom.”
Quote:Some people told me that they didn’t actually see one but they heard they were real. Other people told me, “Well, I didn’t see one, but my good friend ______ saw one and I’m sure they almost were killed!”
And for the man’s report about being stabbed by a clown? Turned out to be a total fabrication, the officer said. There was no word if the man in question was charged or cited for filing a false report.
The officer said he found one legitimate instance of a clown sighting, which turned out to be a prank. Two young men pranked their female acquaintances by having a third man wear a clown mask and surprise the women. The officer spoke with the men involved and even took a picture of the mask itself.

So, again, really. There have been nowhere near 1,000 confirmed clown attacks in the last 10 years combined. So, yes, you are more likely to be struck by lightning or bitten by a vampire bat. Plan accordingly.

JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:07 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Clown costume sales are up 300%

Get in on the ground floor. Screw gold, precious metals, and blue chip stocks: invest in clown suits. Hurry, before Jim Cramer tells everyone about it!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 11:08 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: yup....and i'll laugh when it does.

act like a clown, don't be surprised when you get treated like a clown.

"Homey don't play dat."
Reply/Quote
A moment's reflection shows there is a way people can deal with this problem.

They need to start carrying custard pies with them on the way to work or wherever.
Reply/Quote
I so hope one shows up in my yard one night. I've got an old TPX baseball bat that hasn't been used in about 20 years.

Seriously though, this trend get ugly in a hurry. And not for the normal people, but for stupid kids dressing up as clowns for shits and giggles. I'm pretty sure most of the videos on youtube are fake. Kid gets his buddy to dress as a clown, stand on some bridge in the woods, and then tape him chasing them with a knife. Hahaha, nice one. Here's 500k views. The majority of these sightings and attacks are proven hoaxes. But now it's becoming popular enough that some kids is going to try to prank the wrong person and get the business end of 32 inch capped TPX to the dome like I jokingl described, or a bullet to the chest, from someone who doesn't want to be messed with.

Clowns (kids), be careful out there. Seriously. It's all fun and games until you come across someone just looking for an excuse to just **** your shit up. And I'm afraid it's going to happen to one of these things sooner than later.
Reply/Quote
God Damn It!   All I want to do is walk down the street, in peace, and try out my new Halloween clown costume.  Hey, they come with these big red shoes, I gotta know how hard it is to run in them.   Now I'm worried that everyone is out to "Lucille" my ass or pop a cap in me.  WTF people? Its just a clown!  All we are trying to do is bring joy and smiles to all the little boys and girls.  Back off!  Its been pretty rough lately trying to be a clown.

Inside the pocket of a clown

Is a sad place to hang around
Just watching smiles turn into frowns

Yeah, it's a real sad place to hang around
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 03:10 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: God Damn It!   All I want to do is walk down the street, in peace, and try out my new Halloween clown costume.  Hey, they come with these big red shoes, I gotta know how hard it is to run in them.   Now I'm worried that everyone is out to "Lucille" my ass or pop a cap in me.  WTF people? Its just a clown!  All we are trying to do is bring joy and smiles to all the little boys and girls.  Back off!  Its been pretty rough lately trying to be a clown.

Is a sad place to hang around
Just watching smiles turn into frowns

Yeah, it's a real sad place to hang around

So supposedly all of this stuff is really hurting the clown business.  Now I kinda laughed just typing the words "the clown business" but if you really stop to think about it, that does kind of suck for people just trying to earn a living.

I mean, yeah, I think clowns are weird.  I don't understand what would possess someone to want to be a clown.  But I'm sure some of them are perfectly nice people, and maybe even somewhat normal.  Maybe they just like working with kids, or maybe their dad was a clown, and his dad was a clown.  Kinda sucks that some of those people who are just working kids parties and stuff now can't get any work because of all this.

Somewhat off topic, but can anyone confirm or deny that getting into that famous clown college is harder than getting into Harvard.  Steve-O from Jackass apparently went there and has said that numerous times.  I always was intrigued about what that schooling process actually entailed.
Reply/Quote
So I just remembered this. And it's kinda funny I think.

When I was younger I worked at Coney Island. I started there when I was like 15. Anyways a lot of the younger kids that worked there ended up working in the Grove area, which was where they had a lot of company picnics and events (Company rents big shelter for their employees to have a party, there's food and drinks, maybe some games, everybody gets pool passes for the day)

So some of these companies would hire clowns for the kids. Like it happened quite frequently. There would more often than not be clown around every weekend. The funny/weird part is they had to come and clock in or check in in the same building all of the employees did. I would often be standing my the time clock or by the door, only to turn around and see a full blown clown behind me. It was equal parts hilarious and terrifying. You're just sitting there, minding your business with no clown in site, only to turn back around and one is all up in your shit.

They would take breaks, or sit around the employee areas waiting for their shifts to start. Sometimes they would just talking to you like any other person (I guess why shouldn't they?). You're just sitting in the break room shooting the shit with a clown. Strange. We had a little smoke area in the back and being the bad ass little 16 year old kids we were we'd hang out there a lot. Sure enough, one day a group of us smoke a little of something else, and we're sitting around laughing. Or clowning around you could say (ha!). In barges this clown, he takes out a pack of Marlboro Reds, lights one and starts asking us about this one super hot chick who worked there. Try imagining that scene play out if you were stoned.

The clowns were always popping up out of nowhere. I hated it.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 03:59 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Somewhat off topic, but can anyone confirm or deny that getting into that famous clown college is harder than getting into Harvard. 
[Image: clownques.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 02:20 PM)Dill Wrote: A moment's reflection shows there is a way people can deal with this problem.

They need to start carrying custard pies with them on the way to work or wherever.

Or a bottle of seltzer. It all makes sense.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 11:54 AM)xxlt Wrote: Really.

http://www.lightningsafety.com/nlsi_pls/probability.html

General Interest #7

Lightning Strike Probabilities
1. ASSUME -
2. ASSUME -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3819766/Woman-18-falsely-claimed-victim-terrifying-clown-attack-excuse-running-late-job.html

Veterinary technician student, 18, falsely claimed she was victim of a terrifying clown attack 'as an excuse for running late for her job'
  • Alexsandra Conley of Reading, Ohio, claimed that a knife wielding man dressed as a clown had attacked her at 6am on Saturday
  • The teen said he climbed over a fence and slashed her thumb with a knife
  • When police found inconsistencies she admitted she'd made up the tale because she was late for work and didn't want to get in trouble
  • Conley, 18, has now been charged with making false police reports

Read more: [/url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3819766/Woman-18-falsely-claimed-victim-terrifying-clown-attack-excuse-running-late-job.html#ixzz4MPX7BKCr
Follow us: [url=http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline]
@MailOnline on Twitter | [/url]DailyMail on Facebook

[url=http://fox2now.com/2016/09/29/no-truth-to-creepy-clown-reports-in-rolla-police-say/]
http://fox2now.com/2016/09/29/no-truth-to-creepy-clown-reports-in-rolla-police-say/

ROLLA, MO (KTVI) – The Rolla Police Department has had it with these creepy clown stories. At least one officer in the department took to Facebook to vent their frustration about chasing down enough false reports to cram into a clown car.
The officer spent the day responding to different cases involving creepy clowns, including one man’s claim that he was attacked and stabbed, and other assertions that clowns with Facebook accounts were “luring people to their doom.”
And for the man’s report about being stabbed by a clown? Turned out to be a total fabrication, the officer said. There was no word if the man in question was charged or cited for filing a false report.
The officer said he found one legitimate instance of a clown sighting, which turned out to be a prank. Two young men pranked their female acquaintances by having a third man wear a clown mask and surprise the women. The officer spoke with the men involved and even took a picture of the mask itself.

So, again, really. There have been nowhere near 1,000 confirmed clown attacks in the last 10 years combined. So, yes, you are more likely to be struck by lightning or bitten by a vampire bat. Plan accordingly.

Dammit.... quit dashing my fantasies.

I swear, I won't even shoot them, if they only have a knife.

I want to know what clown tastes like.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Many people think Matt Stone and Tre Parker of South Park are idiots, but they tried to show us that Barbara Streisand was trying to ruin the world.

No one can refute them now, for she has sent in the clowns!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 11:45 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Dammit.... quit dashing my fantasies.

I swear, I won't even shoot them, if they only have a knife.

I want to know what clown tastes like.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I hear they taste funny Hilarious
Reply/Quote