Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clueless Playcalling vs Raiders
Reminds me of when I realized I was 100% sure that Zac Taylor would never be the answer. I think it was the Cardinals game? They were the worst defense in the league against TEs, and the Bengals didn't make a single target to a TE until like 35 minutes into the game.

Dude's so out of his depth he can't even adjust to common sense. If they can't cover TEs, throw to your TEs. If they can't stop the run, run the F'ing ball.

Not often that random people on the internet can say "I can do a better job than him" about a sports team and it actually be true. Zac Taylor has managed to make it happen, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Reminds me of when I realized I was 100% sure that Zac Taylor would never be the answer. I think it was the Cardinals game? They were the worst defense in the league against TEs, and the Bengals didn't make a single target to a TE until like 35 minutes into the game.

Dude's so out of his depth he can't even adjust to common sense. If they can't cover TEs, throw to your TEs. If they can't stop the run, run the F'ing ball.

Not often that random people on the internet can say "I can do a better job than him" about a sports team and it actually be true. Zac Taylor has managed to make it happen, though.

Yep... I thought the same thing.

Hell, line Tyler Boyd up at TE and throw to him if you have to.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:35 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: With the number one draft pick, the Bengals trade the #1 pick for Bill Bellichick of the New England Patriots.

Bellichick then retires and laughs the loudest as he goes fishing.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
It’s clear that Zac has been spinning the teams weaknesses since day 1, which means he knows what’s up so I don’t think he is an idiot. Question is he really over his head or just a bad coach - if it is the former, having a ‘bye’ year might be good if it means he is feeling out his system and not wasting the ‘window’ of maturity for younger players. All other issues deserve criticism, but if you believe in professional growth, this might be a good opportunity for the future.
Reply/Quote
I am blown away by the lack of commitment to the running game. It's disgusting to see a guy with as much talent as Mixon just sitting there. I also hate the 4 yard passes, passes behind the line, etc. It was over and over and over again. I understand trying to catch the other team on occasion and pop a long gain from a short pass, but the Bengals TEs do next to nothing over the middle. The RBs do next to nothing over the middle. The offense just sits there and tries to dump everything off into the flats for 75% of the plays. Doesn't matter down or distance.

If they want to lose, fine. But at least lose being exciting.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:21 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I am blown away by the lack of commitment to the running game. It's disgusting to see a guy with as much talent as Mixon just sitting there. I also hate the 4 yard passes, passes behind the line, etc. It was over and over and over again. I understand trying to catch the other team on occasion and pop a long gain from a short pass, but the Bengals TEs do next to nothing over the middle. The RBs do next to nothing over the middle. The offense just sits there and tries to dump everything off into the flats for 75% of the plays. Doesn't matter down or distance.

If they want to lose, fine. But at least lose being exciting.

What... you don't find game ending pick sixes exciting?!?!?  
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 10:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:  And growing pains of a new scheme.

growing pains? Talk about understating...thats almost like saying to Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz "Its a bit windy outside today"  
Reply/Quote
I just need him to be horrible for 6 more games. Need that #1 pick to grab Justin Herbert (or Burrow - not worth the #1 overall spot, but whatever) and then fire Taylor.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
There seems to be a narrative that 4th and an inch Marvin punted...yet Taylor is some super aggressive coach.

Although Taylor is skilled at gaining 1 yard on 3rd and long.

Well:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
He should have punted there, and if memory serves there was a similar situation in the 4th quarter when he should also have punted but didn't. You're really reaching here. "Cowardly punts"- Jesus Christ.
Reply/Quote
If Taylor was trying to win a football game he should have put Dalton in the game we might have our first win right now. He could have even protected Finley where he could have said his ankle was acting up over the hit
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:16 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If Taylor was trying to win a football game he should have put Dalton in the game we might have our first win right now. He could have even protected Finley where he could have said his ankle was acting up over the hit

The tankiest thing going on this season is the Bengals benching a ho hum vet to start a 4th round rookie who can't complete 50 percent of his dink and dunk passes.  Oy
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:08 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: He should have punted there,  and if memory serves there was a similar situation in the 4th quarter when he should also have punted but didn't.   You're really reaching here.   "Cowardly punts"- Jesus Christ.

Punt why??? You're 0-9. What the hell do you have to lose by going for it? Another game??

I'm glad he punted since I'm on the Bungle for Burrow train!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The tankiest thing going on this season is the Bengals benching a ho hum vet to start a 4th round rookie who can't complete 50 percent of his dink and dunk passes.  Oy

On 4th and 3 or whatever, we do a deep pass into double-coverage to UDFA Willis.

Then, on 3rd and long we throw 1 yard passes.

It's all so bad that it's hard to say what's happening.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The tankiest thing going on this season is the Bengals benching a ho hum vet to start a 4th round rookie who can't complete 50 percent of his dink and dunk passes.  Oy

At this point, I'm honestly not even sure Finley is a backup QB in the NFL. I do realize that it takes time for players to develop.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 01:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: On 4th and 3 or whatever, we do a deep pass into double-coverage to UDFA Willis.

Then, on 3rd and long we throw 1 yard passes.

It's all so bad that it's hard to say what's happening.

The sad part is when Willis came in I knew they were going to throw deep to him. Just seemed like the Bengal thing to do. The kids fresh off the bench, sure why not.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 01:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: At this point, I'm honestly not even sure Finley is a backup QB in the NFL. I do realize that it takes time for players to develop.

He's almost 25 years old though.  He's in an unwinnable situation but even taking that into account his play is ghastly. 
Reply/Quote
Oh c'mon.. Findlay and ZT are the new face of Deyism.. Which I predict will soon be a household phrase to describe how great being really lousy at everything is.. 
"You're not really lousy at everything yet? Try the new and improved Deyism! Available in your grocers freezer!" for the low low price of ONLY $5000 per seat per game at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati!  
Yup! They'll be standing in line in below freezing weather for that one! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 01:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He's almost 25 years old though.  He's in an unwinnable situation but even taking that into account his play is ghastly. 

Indeed. He's in a no win situation. Bad coaching. Below average roster.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. He's in a no win situation. Bad coaching. Below average roster.

Its like watching Cody Kessler or Deshon Kiser starting for the Hue Jackson Browns. 
Reply/Quote