Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clueless Playcalling vs Raiders
I mean at this point what does it matter, id be going for it on every 4th down from the opponents 50-30 yard line.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Last year Marvin went for it on 4th down 15 times. 7 of those attempts were before the fourth quarter.

So far this year Zach has gone for it 19 times, with 7 of those coming before the 4th quarter.

I'd say that if you look closely at the numbers Taylor is only going for it more often because the Bengals are in "desperate situations" more often.
Reply/Quote
This video is funny:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Q: The run game started strong, why did the team shift to throwing the ball?

Coach Taylor: “Eventually, they started zeroing in on the run, and as you can see, you got to try and stay one step ahead. It’s not trying to overthink it, we just felt like there were some opportunities there in the pass game, play actions, to compliment our runs. Sometimes it went accordingly and sometimes it didn’t. But again, I thought our run game was really helping us today.
Reply/Quote
4th and 3...chuck it deep to the UDFA in double coverage.

Q: What the fourth play pass to Damion Willis designed?

Coach Taylor: “It’s a play that we have a lot of confidence on, and really all five eligible have a pretty good shot there. He gave somebody the opportunity to go make a play and it didn’t come down with it. But he’s got a lot of options on that play.”
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There seems to be a narrative that 4th and an inch Marvin punted...yet Taylor is some super aggressive coach.

Although Taylor is skilled at gaining 1 yard on 3rd and long.

Well:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The one narrative that should accompany Taylor's name is "loser".

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote