Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Coach Austin
(10-22-2018, 10:06 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: You caught my typo, I meant 2011.

Unless you meant our D wasn't any good the last two years. Which it was good, but our O was so bad that our D always got tired and couldn't keep up.

The D was ok in 2016.....the third down issues were creeping up last season.  The defense wasn't gassed in the first quarter of games, and they were struggling then.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 09:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dear Coach Austin,

It's just not working out for us.

Sincerely,
The fans

Yeah, i was willing to give Austin some time but this has been just terrible Defense.

Bad tackling, taking bad angles and what happened to causing turnovers? The D cannot hold onto the ball when it hits
them in the hands. Need to move on from this guy and Haslett and we might have a chance.
Reply/Quote
Austin's method isn't working and if he can't make the correct changes he needs to be fired. We're on pace to have our worst season in Bengals history. We are the worst defense in the nfl.

If you factor in yards, points, and mostly importantly stopping third downs, we are absolutely the worst defense in the nfl. This guy doesn't know what he's doing and if it continues he should be fired mid season and the Bengals should get someone else in here that can get it done.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
In defense of Austin
1.) We have played an unbelievable QB schedule 2 MVPs, 1 Superbowl MVP, 2 time Superbowl winner, a 1st overall pick who has live up to the hype, and the media darling of the world.
2.) Vigil and Vontaz have only played 1 1/4 of a game together. That's tough that your two best LBers haven't played that much together.
2a.) The loss of Iloka has really hurt this unit. Secondary is struggling to get lined up and communication in zone has hurt a tone.
3.) Our defense has actually played well in 3 of our wins and in the one that the didn't they made critical plays to help in the victory.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 09:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: The D was ok in 2016.....the third down issues were creeping up last season.  The defense wasn't gassed in the first quarter of games, and they were struggling then.

Only after half the season was over. 

Anyway, my point stands. Hilarious how one coordinator in one year can ruin a D that's been good since 2011.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 04:10 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In defense of Austin
1.) We have played an unbelievable QB schedule 2 MVPs, 1 Superbowl MVP,  2 time Superbowl winner,  a 1st overall pick who has live up to the hype, and the media darling of the world.
2.) Vigil and Vontaz have only played 1 1/4 of a game together. That's tough that your two best LBers haven't played that much together.
2a.) The loss of Iloka has really hurt this unit. Secondary is struggling to get lined up and communication in zone has hurt a tone.
3.) Our defense has actually played well in 3 of our wins and in the one that the didn't they  made critical plays to help in the victory.

I understand you are trying to balance it out but the numbers make it hard to defend....

31st in yards given up
32nd in 3rd down %
30th in total points given up  ....that is pretty brutal reading for any DC.

As for #1 - the schedule of QB's - its the NFL unfortunately and there are plenty of good QBs to come in Brees, Rivers, Big Ben, Flacco...even Mayfield isn't a chump.

The loss of Iloka i feel personally is not hugely significant. I do not see Bates/Williams as a downgrade on Iloka/Williams...I liked Iloka and would even have considered keeping him over Williams but i don't think its a key part to defending Austin's performance.

I agree on #2  - The LB core was not a massive strength going into the season so not being able to put Vigil and Burfict out there together exposes an already weak group 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 09:24 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Coach Austin,

It’s not us......it’s you

Sorry, we can still be friends though
The fans

just leave dude,you suck big time and we do not want you here and take your buddy,marvin. Cool Cool
Reply/Quote