Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Cowher or Jon Gruden As A Bengals Coach
Brown is a dope and is going to stay with Lewis. Actually I heard he called Tom Landry and Vince Lombardi early in the week to offer them the job, and is upset they didn't return his calls. That's how out of touch Brown is.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 11:51 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: He did help build the Raiders who went to the Super Bowl though.  Regardless, you're not going to get a Cowher or Gruden to come here and deal with the Brown family on a daily basis.  Both have been out of coaching for so long, I'm not even sure you would want them at this point.  You're not going to get a top college coach, like a Meyer, either.  Meyer makes $6.5 million per year, plus all the perks of coaching a powerhouse college program, and is in complete control.  No way a Meyer or Saban type individual is going to come here and deal with all the crap every day.

You're going to have to hope for someone that is hungry for a head coaching job, someone who is willing to overlook the "drawbacks" of working for the Browns.

LOL sounds like that A-hole Roofer I hired that overlooked all the drawbacks. SOB never finished.
Reply/Quote
Cowher? Never.

Gruden? Maybe.

Give me Tom Coughlin or Jim Tressel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:26 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cowher? Never.

Gruden?  Maybe.

Give me Tom Coughlin or Jim Tressel.

Tom Coughlin will be 71 years old by the time the 2017 NFL season starts.  I want someone young, energetic, and who can relate to the players.  No thank you to Coughlin or Tressel.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 11:04 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Tom Coughlin will be 71 years old by the time the 2017 NFL season starts.  I want someone young, energetic, and who can relate to the players.  No thank you to Coughlin or Tressel.

I understand your line of reasoning. Who is young and available?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 11:26 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I understand your line of reasoning.  Who is young and available?

The first three names that come to mind are Todd Haley, Josh McDaniels, and Vance Joseph.  Admittedly though, I am not an expert on who is out there.  I would really like to see what Haley or McDaniels could do with Andy and AJ.
Reply/Quote
Cowher would never coach here.

Gruden is way overrated.

If we have to go with coaches with some experience already as head coach I would take McDaniels or Schwartz for people in the league. Not sure if Coughlin would come here.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 11:28 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The first three names that come to mind are Todd Haley, Josh McDaniels, and Vance Joseph.  Admittedly though, I am not an expert on who is out there.  I would really like to see what Haley or McDaniels could do with Andy and AJ.

Wasn't Todd Haley the offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh? He did a decent job with Ben Roethlisberger I thought and, as for Josh McDaniel, he was creative enough to design an offense around Tim Tebow's unique skill set.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 11:33 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Wasn't Todd Haley the offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh?  He did a decent job with Ben Roethlisberger I thought and, as for Josh McDaniel, he was creative enough to design an offense around Tim Tebow's unique skill set.

Haley is the current Offensive Coordinator for Pittsburgh.  Give him Dalton, Green, and Bernard I think he would put together one hell of an offense.  And maybe he could help the team finally beat the Steelers on a regular basis.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 11:37 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Haley is the current Offensive Coordinator for Pittsburgh.  Give him Dalton, Green, and Bernard I think he would put together one hell of an offense.  And maybe he could help the team finally beat the Steelers on a regular basis.

Haley's personality would NEVER co-exist with Mike Brown. Plus, he wasn't that great of a HC in KC.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 11:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Haley's personality would NEVER co-exist with Mike Brown. Plus, he wasn't that great of a HC in KC.

Todd Haley isn't who I want for head coach. He would be a good offensive coordinator who could teach the offensive line how to seal off blocks and spring runners for significant gains.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 11:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Haley's personality would NEVER co-exist with Mike Brown. Plus, he wasn't that great of a HC in KC.

I don't disagree about the personality, but there are plenty of coaches who do better in their second stint than the first.
Reply/Quote