• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Taylor expects AJ to return
Per Sirius NFL Radio.

No link just listening
Reply/Quote
I mean they are gonna pay him and he likes it here

I think AJs leverage has been highly
Exaggerated on this board

Dude is a walking injury. No team but us would give him a long deal. If we offer even 2 years he’s signing. And knowing us we respect our long term guys so we’ll probably give him a lot even if it’s a 1 year deal
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 01:40 AM)Housh Wrote: I mean they are gonna pay him and he likes it here

I think AJs leverage has been highly
Exaggerated on this board

Dude is a walking injury. No team but us would give him a long deal. If we offer even 2 years he’s signing. And knowing us we respect our long term guys so we’ll probably give him a lot even if it’s a 1 year deal

I think you'd be surprised how many teams would jump to sign AJ to a 3 or 4 yr deal.
Reply/Quote
There’s very little doubt AJ plays for us next year. I’m more interested in Dre & Glenn
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 11:06 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: There’s very little doubt AJ plays for us next year. I’m more interested in Dre & Glenn

I hope they send Glenn out of here. After last season, it's obvious he does not want to be here. 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 11:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I hope they send Glenn out of here. After last season, it's obvious he does not want to be here. 

Me to especially with his cap hit & Jonah coming back. Also a little curious with what they do with price. If they try and trade him. But that’s pretty unlikely
Reply/Quote
Reminds me of an old joke

Landlord: "When can we expect payment?"
Tenant: "Oh, you can expect payment at any time"
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 11:06 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: There’s very little doubt AJ plays for us next year. I’m more interested in Dre & Glenn

Intersted in you want them to stay or leave? I personally hope both are gone.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
My gut instinct, ever since like with 3 games left last season and it was announced he was done for the year that he's played his last game as a Bengal.

And to be honest I have mixed feelings about him coming back. On the one hand I feel he still could have 2 or 3 more years in him as a top 10 WR in the league especially with Burrow throwing to him.

On the other hand his recent injury history scares the hell out of me ! We sign him to a 3 year upper end deal and he plays 4 games all season it's gonna hurt. And really our entire receiving corps scares me. Ross, who knows what he'll be ? Eifert is another question mark ? I've got a lot of hope for Tate but he's still not entirely proven.

I think we need a day two WR in the draft or bring in an established vet in free agency, or both. If AJ returns great but I'm not gonna be broke up if he leaves.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 11:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I hope they send Glenn out of here. After last season, it's obvious he does not want to be here. 

Agree and Dre as well. 
Reply/Quote
I think AJ likes it here. He doesn't particularly like the spotlight from the media. His role models are guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson who were loyal to their teams.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 01:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And to be honest I have mixed feelings about him coming back. On the one hand I feel he still could have 2 or 3 more years in him as a top 10 WR in the league especially with Burrow throwing to him.

On the other hand his recent injury history scares the hell out of me.

I too, have wrestled with the idea of AJ Green leaving the team, or re-signing and retiring as a Bengal.  Look at it this way, they gambled on Whitworth not being worth a big contract, and he went on to play two seasons at his typical level, and a third where he was still above average player.  I'm going to be pulling for AJ Green, no matter who he plays for, but I certainly hope to be cheering for him scoring TDs for the Bengals.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 01:01 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Intersted in you want them to stay or leave? I personally hope both are gone.

What the org does with them. I’d want them both gone to but not sure they feel the same.
Reply/Quote
I think the absolute bare minimum is that he'll be franchised and traded for a 1st or 2nd round pick.

More likely we franchise him and he plays on the tag for the year. Then he'll probably leave next year, since playing on the franchise tag at 32 years old is a huge slap in the face and he'd probably leave out of principal.

I personally hope they can re-sign him to a 3 year deal on 10 to 15 million per year. He is probably worth 14 to 18 million per year, but I could see Green giving us a hometown discount to account for his two injury years.

But this will likely be his last big contract, so I could also see him going for the absolute maximum amount, which would be 18 to 20 million per year.

Not sure who would give that to him though. His injuries are definitely starting to pile up...
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 01:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My gut instinct, ever since like with 3 games left last season and it was announced he was done for the year that he's played his last game as a Bengal.

And to be honest I have mixed feelings about him coming back. On the one hand I feel he still could have 2 or 3 more years in him as a top 10 WR in the league especially with Burrow throwing to him.

On the other hand his recent injury history scares the hell out of me ! We sign him to a 3 year upper end deal and he plays 4 games all season it's gonna hurt. And really our entire receiving corps scares me. Ross, who knows what he'll be ? Eifert is another question mark ? I've got a lot of hope for Tate but he's still not entirely proven.

I think we need a day two WR in the draft or bring in an established vet in free agency, or both. If AJ returns great but I'm not gonna be broke up if he leaves.

A lot of questions with our weapons no question. AJ, Eifert and Ross all have significant injury histories.

Whatever AJ is offered by whoever should be incentive laden with his history.

BTW, congrats on passing the 100,000 rep point barrier brother. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised that we aren't hearing much about attempts to get a deal done before the new league year. This almost has to mean that the team and player are pretty far apart on what they think he should be compensated. I wonder if he has a desire to play somewhere else.

There's no chance he hits the UFA market, IMO. Unless negotiations pick up, he's getting franchised, zero doubt. Any team that wants him will have to make a deal with the Bengals. I have no idea what other teams are willing to pay, but if it's more than the franchise tag on a mulit year deal, then that's crazy. I'd offer 3 years, 42 mil and then plan to deal him after giving him the tag. If somebody values him beyond 14 mil per, then they should be willing to offer a significant draft pick. I don't want him here if he's going to be disgruntled, anyway. His time here under the new regime has been strange enough without turning flat-out ugly.

AJ is an all-time great Bengal, but his future here is precarious at best. If he's a factor on the field 3 years from now, it would be something of a surprise. The time to prepare for life without him is fast approaching, if not already here.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 11:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think you'd be surprised how many teams would jump to sign AJ to a 3 or 4 yr deal.

This...

I think we're sorta a bitter fan base at the moment, and are a little pessimistic about him. He's worth the gamble to most teams in the league. He can't stay healthy until he does. If he's right, he and Boyd are gonna make life pretty easy for Burrow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 11:15 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Reminds me of an old joke

Landlord: "When can we expect payment?"
Tenant: "Oh, you can expect payment at any time"

She be hollering about that back rent, she'll be lucky to get any front rent... She ain't gonna get none of it!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think the franchise tag is a no brainer. Unless he takes a team friendly low guaranteed money multi year deal...

He has to prove he is healthy and can play a full season.
Reply/Quote
Betcha didn't know AJ Green will go to the 2020 combine as a defensive back from Oklahoma State, didja? http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101482/article/2020-nfl-scouting-combine-full-list-of-invited-prospects  Just scroll down to his name and click the link.. I was somewhat surprised.. Mellow It couldn't possibly be an NFL website screw up now could it?   NO WAY!
By the way..Lamar Jackson from Nebraska will also be attending.. Click that link as well..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote