Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach announcements-Offense

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 12:29 PM)pally Wrote:

Not excited at all about any of the new offensive hires esp the O-line coach with a checkered past....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 01:14 PM)corpjet Wrote: Not excited at all about any of the new offensive hires esp the O-line coach with a checkered past....

Feeling good about all but him.

Seriously, why would anyone not be even a bit looking forward to fresh faces in these assistants? These are guys who assist the guys, who assist the guy, who assists the coach.

Who cares? lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Personally I'm in a "waiting to see" mode before I judge any of the new hires even Zac Taylor.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
We shall see.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 01:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Personally I'm in a "waiting to see" mode before I judge any of the new hires even Zac Taylor.

It's really the only sensible thing to do.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 01:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Personally I'm in a "waiting to see" mode before I judge any of the new hires even Zac Taylor.

I am too except for Turner. If he only had one instance of questionable character, I may have given him a pass. However, he's had multiple and I don't trust the guy. On top of that, it's not like he's put out stellar OLs despite being an immoral person.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We wanted Mike Brown to change his paradigm. So far, he has certainly moved in a direction we never thought he would or could

Reply/Quote
Definitely skeptical of Turner, but I'm putting this one on Taylor if it doesnt pan out. Let's see how it goes.

The less we hear of Turner the better.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 12:29 PM)pally Wrote:

RB LB and DC is still the open sports right?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 01:14 PM)corpjet Wrote: Not excited at all about any of the new offensive hires esp the O-line coach with a checkered past....

I get it about Turner, but what makes you not excited about the other 3?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 03:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: RB LB and DC is still the open sports right?

DL too

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 03:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I get it about Turner, but what makes you not excited about the other 3?

People should neither be excited nor not excited as they are all unknowns at this point. Wait and see should be the approach.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 05:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People should neither be excited nor not excited as they are all unknowns at this point. Wait and see should be the approach.

I'm excited about a new era.

Reply/Quote
A clip with Callahan...

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 06:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: A clip with Callahan...

There's a 7 min version on Bengals.com. Good watch. Mentions watching tape on current players and communication with the FO going into FA and the Draft. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I really hope we make just a little splash in FA to open up the draft.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 06:58 PM)Takedown Wrote: There's a 7 min version on Bengals.com. Good watch. Mentions watching tape on current players and communication with the FO going into FA and the Draft. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I really hope we make just a little splash in FA to open up the draft.

I think we will.  Duke has repeatedly mentioned the importance of giving him all the tools he needs to succeed and it doesn't take Einstein to see fixing all the holes in the draft is a real long shot.

When Marvin got here, he got to sign multiple FA's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
In ZT I trust !

Until proven otherwise. ZT says he knows all about the Turner issues and still trusts him completely, I believe him.

Being convicted in todays court of public opinion, internet, social media does not always = reality.
Reply/Quote
I dug Brian Callahan's interview. I believe he will mesh well with Taylor, and he didn't mince words about improvements. Seems some folks will be out of town soon.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Im pretty happy with what they are trying to do with the offense. I like the mix of different backgrounds these coaches have. I like the idea of the collaborative effort and culture they want to create. A lot of these coaches were on teams that were able to run over us in the past. Hopefully this all works out ?

Definitely need to upgrade the offensive line and get more depth at tight end, as well as nail the defensive coordinator position and load up on that side of the ball.
Reply/Quote