Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Change...
Tiger I know that if for some reason ML is not the head coach next year there is a 88.9% chance the new Head Coach is coming from inside.

UNLESS--Any chance the 'stains fire Hue??

Even MB would "trust" Hue enough to bring in his own staff, wouldn't he??
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 12:40 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger I know that if for some reason ML is not the head coach next year there is a 88.9% chance the new Head Coach is coming from inside.

Not sure if Hue is a good head coach.  OC hes stellar, but his tenure as a HC has been abysmal unless i'm missing something.  That being said anything is better than Marv.  If he is fired I would imagine Simmons might take over.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 12:50 AM)ah5 Wrote: Not sure if Hue is a good head coach.  OC hes stellar, but his tenure as a HC has been abysmal unless i'm missing something.  That being said anything is better than Marv.  If he is fired I would imagine Simmons might take over.

I like Simmons as well, but you are missing something with Hue.  The team he has right now was stripped of virtually every talented player except Joe Thomas and a complete rebuild was initiated.  They have draft picks galore.  They have only one year of picks on their team and they are still playing hard for him. 

If the Browns fire Hue, they are dumber than when the Bengals let him go...

Also, he took a very average talent Raider team to 8-8 with Jason Campbell as QB, and he was the HC.  He's better than his record indicates, just like Marv is worse than his record indicates.  One has a good team that the HC pisses on, the other has no team that the HC gets a lot out of.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 07:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like Simmons as well, but you are missing something with Hue.  The team he has right now was stripped of virtually every talented player except Joe Thomas and a complete rebuild was initiated.  They have draft picks galore.  They have only one year of picks on their team and they are still playing hard for him. 

If the Browns fire Hue, they are dumber than when the Bengals let him go...

Also, he took a very average talent Raider team to 8-8 with Jason Campbell as QB, and he was the HC.  He's better than his record indicates, just like Marv is worse than his record indicates.  One has a good team that the HC pisses on, the other has no team that the HC gets a lot out of.

This is correct. I don't really want Hue back here, but he has his team in just about every game only 1 year after a complete tear down and is basically playing moneyball. I think with the talent we have here, he could do well.
Reply/Quote
Paul Guenther has earned becoming the HC over Hue Jackson.
I'd be ok with bringing Hue back as the OC though if he is fired from Cleveland.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is correct. I don't really want Hue back here, but he has his team in just about every game only 1 year after a complete tear down and is basically playing moneyball. I think with the talent we have here, he could do well.
You know, at this point, I think I'd rather be where they are than where we are.  At least there wouldn't be any false hope.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Need a complete regime change.  Otherwise, you're just pissing in the wind.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: Need a complete regime change.  Otherwise, you're just pissing in the wind.

Yea.  Ya got to shake it up.  
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:51 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Yea.  Ya got to shake it up.  

But no more than three times. Otherwise you're just playing with it.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 12:40 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger I know that if for some reason ML is not the head coach next year there is a 88.9% chance the new Head Coach is coming from inside.

WHY would we want Hue?

He's won 1 game over the past 2 seasons.

What makes you think he's going to be an upgrade?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: Need a complete regime change.  Otherwise, you're just pissing in the wind.

Agree. I'd fire the whole staff. Even Guenther.

We need a culture change desperately.

That said...I don't think Bengals management likes wholesale change.
Reply/Quote
Hue is probably the one guy I don't want over Marv. Not just because of his HC record, just his overall demeanor. He has Marvs arrogance, he says some incredibly dumb stuff in press conferences, he seems to sometimes snatch defeat from the jaws of victory... Just seems like a Marvin clone to me.

I've seen quite a few Browns games these past couple of years and I know that they're in a rebuild but really... They're not a well-coached team.

I'd love to have Hue back as an OC, but nothing more than that.
Reply/Quote

As much as I agree it will never happen.....  Still hope some how some way we can get Gruden.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 12:24 PM)ah5 Wrote: As much as I agree it will never happen.....  Still hope some how some way we can get Gruden.

Unfortunately, it's much more likely we get a regime change 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Paul Guenther has earned becoming the HC over Hue Jackson.
I'd be ok with bringing Hue back as the OC though if he is fired from Cleveland.

Agree with this 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We won't see a regime change because you need to start at the very top, the owner. And no one can force the owner out.
We're stuck with whatever Mike Brown decides, and we know he typically likes to only change around one or two pieces at a time. Never a full blow up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 12:24 PM)ah5 Wrote: As much as I agree it will never happen.....  Still hope some how some way we can get Gruden.

Yeah, I'd love to see an offensive minded guy take the reigns.....whoever we get, they need to come from outside the organization, and they need COMPLETE control over their staff.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'd rather hire Jim Bob Cooter.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why are so many people not willing for a complete culture change here? If you're advocating that ANY former Bengal coach/coordinator become the HC after Marvin, then, IMO, you're not wishing for things to change.

We have some good coaches on staff and have had and currently have decent, if not good coordinators. However, there needs to be a complete starting over from scratch, at least at the coaching level (since at the front office level it will never happen). We cannot have anyone associated with the 7 playoff losses under Marvin - and we certainly don't want anyone associated with the 90s - on the coaching staff.

Just my 2 cents.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tiger I whole heartedly agree we need a COMPLETE regime change! TBS, not gonna happen with MB still around, Katie--maybe.

We need somebody with some fire in their belly, that's why I mentioned HUE. If we pick from the inside, nobody has it... Whatever
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote