Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Change...
(10-24-2017, 11:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: WHY would we want Hue?

He's won 1 game over the past 2 seasons.

What makes you think he's going to be an upgrade?
This is what im thinking as well... To be completely honest I don't think the Browns are as bad as there last 2 years record shows.  Letting Kizer play this shitty is on Hue, dude should never have a chance to throw 2 red zone picks in the same game.  Not to mention where are the screens to DJ and Njoku.  The more I type the more I say ill pass on Hue as HC.
Reply/Quote
A couple guys at the bowling alley were talking about John Gruden saying Cincinnati is his #1 spot if he comes back to coaching. I tried to look up any source of it, and I couldn't find it anything but thats what they said they heard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tiger I like what everybody is saying and pretty much agree. What I failed to mention is that its my feeling that if ML is done and they are looking for a new coach, I think we'll get the regime change AND the culture change people are wanting because if ML goes I think MB also goes (voluntarily) and puts Katie in full charge...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 01:03 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'd rather hire Jim Bob Cooter.
Dilly dilly

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Jon Gruden is not coming to Cincinnati.

Yes, the front office likes Paul Guenther. No, that does not mean he is coach-in-waiting. Yes, the front office likes Hue Jackson. IF he's fired in Cleveland, no, that does not mean he is coach-in-waiting. Not saying either/or wouldn't be hired, I am saying it'd be foolish to think the club doesn't have a list. I addressed some of this on Sunday.
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/10/22/bengals-xtra-steelers-can-shape-marvin-lewis-coaching-future-colin-kaepernick-nfl-theater/786198001/

I'm the one that has reported there are no contracts beyond this year. So yes, Lazor and Guenther could be free agents. And while I realize there is always in-town frustration, both are highly (highly) regarded around the league. If they reach the end of this year without extensions, they will be coveted at the very least as play-callers. I would think if the Bengals D remains near the top of the league Guenther would get his first HC interviews. Let's not forget Simmons, too. Also very highly regarded.

Position coaches - Urban is due for an OC interview at the very least. Coombs and Livingston are fast risers. Fast.
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/08/13/whos-next-marvin-lewis-cincinnati-bengals-coaching-tree/560193001/

I am curious: What does "culture change" mean?

I understand there is in-town frustration -- but I speak to league executives and coaches, former and current -- and ALL of them envy and/or appreciate and respect the success here. Yes, NFL types consider Cincinnati since 2003 a success. Yes, a hypothetical new head coach would tell the fans and owner they can get them over the hump (because of course they would - they're trying to get a job) but I'm just relaying what the league-wide perception is. While there may be real concerns over the size of the front office, scouting staff and coaching staff for a new coach coming, what Marvin Lewis has done is well respected in league circles. Regardless of in-town frustration, there are little issues league-wide with the roster (of course, new coaches would feel they could get more out of what's there, or have different views on scouting, etc.). Just trying to level with y'all.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 12:57 AM)jowczarski Wrote: I am curious: What does "culture change" mean?

Not drafting/signing guys with so many red flags that lead to multiple arrests and playoff meltdowns that snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Not staying mostly status quo for 15 and 26 years that result in an 0-7 playoff record (NFL record, mind you) and zero playoff wins (let alone the decade of the 90's), when the NFL is set up for parity. Also, throw in the abysmal record in prime time games, especially those played on any day other than Thursday night.

The term "success" has been used before, but that success is based on regular season record, which is fine up to a point. Most NFL owners covet and strive for a championship. This organization, i'm assuming, would like that too but they're entrenched in trying to do it their way, when their way hasn't come close to accomplishing it in almost 3 decades. 

The definition of insanity comes to mind...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Twice Hue has been a HC and both times were disastrous. I don't think id want him back in that capacity.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd argue that heads need rolled from the top down and not just in Bengaldom, but the entire league. After all, the league enables every bit of this excrement laden 'entertainment' and has gone so far as to argue to the SCOTUS that it's mere entertainment and nothing more. They've enabled the game to be completely corrupted by gambling without even expressing they are for gambling and the corruption associated with it.
The Bengals are a mere symptom of the disease that is the NFL. 
Get rid of the crooks running the show and perhaps the teams may follow, but don't hold your breath. It's not happening.  When you can be accidentally stupid enough to make billions of dollars losing you don't change a damned thing. It's the only business (pro sports) where you don't have to do a damn thing right to make billions of dollars and don't have to answer to anyone while doing it. In a perfect world the city of Cincinnati and Hamilton county could throw the Brown family out and bring in new owners, but the sad truth is Mike Brown owns the city and county every bit as much as any other citizen or entity. To bad there can't be a referendum to kick the bums out and retain the rights to the team and the name, but that ain't happening either. Nope. Kick out the bum and he gets to take the team and move to another town more maniacal and monopoly friendly.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote