Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching changes
(02-01-2023, 12:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bengals already extended Pitcher when the Ravens came sniffing around.

Similar situation to big Willie, he’s got a great gig doing his own thing. Doubt he’d be interested.

Pitcher can't leave for an OC job if offered one?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
After 4 years we need some fresh voices on the Offensive side of the ball. Defense has had good turnover at the LBC position, Secondary position, and DL position while maintaining the core system. And the system has grown and evolved.

Not so much on the Offensive side. Oline coach was fired, and not sure how much new the new RB coach brought experience and idea wise. Troy was already here when he took over for Urban and he comes from Zac's Nebraska system so they are already aligned with the same philosophy's and playbook.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 12:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Pitcher can't leave for an OC job if offered one?

I’d imagine Picher who was here before Zac is entrenched. He and Zac have really meshed. I’d bet he’s been raised accordingly and is making OC money and promised the OC spot and expecting Brian Callahan to be gone this year or next . With Zac calling the plays Picher and Callahans positions are blurred.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Zac, Pitcher, and Callahan have all coached QB's and were QB's so Burrow is taken care of no matter who we lose from that standpoint.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 12:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Pitcher can't leave for an OC job if offered one?

Pitcher is a QB coach.  He can leave for an OC job

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 12:00 AM)jj22 Wrote: Bieniemy doesn’t have a contract.

I'd love to have him here as OC, but only if he's calling plays.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 01:25 AM)pally Wrote: Duffner would be my first choice as an internal candidate but of course Zac isn't asking me

Duffner is ancient and has been terrible in each of his stints as a DC.

I love having him in the role he's in, but as the DC? No way.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I agree, Duffners record as DC isn't all that. Livingston has the experience of all the other DC's and I like the idea of a DC who is used to coaching the secondary. It's so late in the hiring process, there likely won't be a good option outside of another "Lou" hire (which after 4 years turned out to be a good hire).

Going to have to trust Zac here and hope the offense can lead the team (and consistently play up to its potential).

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 10:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: I agree, Duffners record as DC isn't all that. Livingston has the experience of all the other DC's and I like the idea of a DC who is used to coaching the secondary. It's so late in the hiring process, there likely won't be a good option outside of another "Lou" hire (which after 4 years turned out to be a good hire).

Going to have to trust Zac here and hope the offense can lead the team (and consistently play up to its potential).

Absolutely, trust Zac and let him make the decision for replacing any coach the team might lose in the upcoming weeks. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 05:55 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: I'd love to have him here as OC, but only if he's calling plays.

Can you imagine how Bienemy would feel if he became an OC on another team only to be in another situation where it's the HC that calls the offensive plays? lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bieniemy? I would think that would be a great catch, since he’s not under contract for next season with KC. But, it is disturbing knowing he’s interviewed so many times for a HC position (including here, where he also played) and has never secured any of the jobs, over a long period of time. Not really sure why, but not a good sign.

Duffner? Love having him around this team, but NEVER as a DC.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 11:47 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Bieniemy?  I would think that would be a great catch, since he’s not under contract for next season with KC.  But, it is disturbing knowing he’s interviewed so many times for a HC position (including here, where he also played) and has never secured any of the jobs, over a long period of time.  Not really sure why, but not a good sign.

Duffner?  Love having him around this team, but NEVER as a DC.

Last year there were rumblings on the Chiefs websites that Bienemy is abrasive and pisses players and coaches off. FWIW total hearsay. 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 11:47 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Bieniemy?  I would think that would be a great catch, since he’s not under contract for next season with KC.  But, it is disturbing knowing he’s interviewed so many times for a HC position (including here, where he also played) and has never secured any of the jobs, over a long period of time.  Not really sure why, but not a good sign.

Bienemy is strictly bait. Reid is still the oc and play caller there. The rule is that if a minority assistant coach from a team is hired to be the head coach for another team, that team that had him as an assistant would be awarded multiple draft picks. The 49ers have been stacking picks because Saleh, Mcdaniel(lol), and Demeco Ryans have all been hired as head coaches. I personally believe thats why Bienemy is "OC". KC is using it as a strategy

everyone around the league knows this too. Reid is the shot caller there. 

Plus there's the whole rape allegations thing with him. Nobody is seriously gonna make that guy a head coach with that on his record.
Reply/Quote

(02-07-2023, 10:17 PM)SladeX Wrote: Last year there were rumblings on the Chiefs websites that Bienemy is abrasive and pisses players and coaches off. FWIW total hearsay. 

Not only does EB piss off players he has a history of domestic violence and not just one instance. It was a while ago but still may be an issue PR wise.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 12:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Similar situation to big Willie, he’s got a great gig doing his own thing. Doubt he’d be interested.

That's true, they'd have to ask him. That said, if he has any aspirations of coaching in the league, starting out as JoeyB's QB coach is a quick pathway to getting looked at as an OC.  
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 10:17 PM)SladeX Wrote: Last year there were rumblings on the Chiefs websites that Bienemy is abrasive and pisses players and coaches off. FWIW total hearsay. 

(02-07-2023, 11:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bienemy is strictly bait. Reid is still the oc and play caller there. The rule is that if a minority assistant coach from a team is hired to be the head coach for another team, that team that had him as an assistant would be awarded multiple draft picks. The 49ers have been stacking picks because Saleh, Mcdaniel(lol), and Demeco Ryans have all been hired as head coaches. I personally believe thats why Bienemy is "OC". KC is using it as a strategy

everyone around the league knows this too. Reid is the shot caller there. 

Plus there's the whole rape allegations thing with him. Nobody is seriously gonna make that guy a head coach with that on his record.

(02-08-2023, 12:10 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Not only does EB piss off players he has a history of domestic violence and not just one instance. It was a while ago but still may be an issue PR wise.

Interesting.  Didn't know any of that.  I must be an ostrich.  But, explains a lot.  I kind of wanted him to be the Bengals HC after they let Marvin go.  Now, I understand why he isn't and am glad he isn't.  

Reid sings his praises often, however.  Surprised he puts up with that sort of person given how important OC is for any team.
Reply/Quote

I've listened to Chiefs fans call in on NFL Radio, they seem pretty polarized when it comes to Bienemy.  They either seem to really like him, or not like him at all.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Defensive coaches are getting snatched up and a potential Lou replacement is going to have to come from in house. I am actually ok with a college coach coming in on Offense which gives us more options.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 12:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: Defensive coaches are getting snatched up and a potential Lou replacement is going to have to come from in house. I am actually ok with a college coach coming in on Offense which gives us more options.

Well, there haven't been any Bengal coaches announced in positions with other teams yet.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 12:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, there haven't been any Bengal coaches announced in positions with other teams yet.  

And it was brutal for Taylor when he got here after the SB. The NFL was adamant about him contacting anybody prior to being named. He did pretty darn good.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote