Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching changes
(02-01-2023, 12:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Pitcher can't leave for an OC job if offered one?

Paul Dehner has confirmed that Pitcher is returning to the Bengals next season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 11:42 AM)pally Wrote: Paul Dehner has confirmed that Pitcher is returning to the Bengals next season

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
[quote='Soonerpeace' pid='1332361' dateline='1676216793']

If we lose Anarumo he very well could ask Pitcher to come with him to Arizona... 

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 01:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: [quote='Soonerpeace' pid='1332361' dateline='1676216793']

If we lose Anarumo he very well could ask Pitcher to come with him to Arizona... 

Hard to see the tea leaves on Arizona. If Lou has Picher committed to coming I bet he becomes real attractive. But I don’t think Picher let’s it be known he’s staying only to leave with Lou. I also don’t think Arizona goes with a defensive guy. Picher I’m sure got a huge bump and knows Brian probably leaves next year. He then becomes OC.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 01:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: [quote='Soonerpeace' pid='1332361' dateline='1676216793']

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 01:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Hard to see the tea leaves on Arizona. If Lou has Picher committed to coming I bet he becomes real attractive. But I don’t think Picher let’s it be known he’s staying only to leave with Lou. I also don’t think Arizona goes with a defensive guy. Picher I’m sure got a huge bump and knows Brian probably leaves next year. He then becomes OC.

I'm hopeful but I don't see any reference to Pitcher quotes, just "sources", which could mean it is known that he pulled his name from consideration from the Bucs job.  But what if it was because Lou was given the nod and offered him an OC spot?  Bucs are a better org but their HC is on the hot seat, Lou would get way more than one year in Phoenix.   Not that I believe any of this just playing the devil's advocate, negative Nancy role.  Also they meet in person with Gannon, probably Tuesday...

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 01:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'm hopeful but I don't see any reference to Pitcher quotes, just "sources", which could mean it is known that he pulled his name from consideration from the Bucs job.  But what if it was because Lou was given the nod and offered him an OC spot?  Bucs are a better org but their HC is on the hot seat, Lou would get way more than one year in Phoenix.   Not that I believe any of this just playing the devil's advocate, negative Nancy role.  Also they meet in person with Gannon, probably Tuesday...

I think you bring up a good point. Some people are feverish to call the shots as either a coordinator or head coach. Some but fewer are plenty happy if they are making good money. Dan has been there longer than Callahan or Zac going on 7+ years. I’d assume he’s pretty settled. If Joe is close to him ( sounds very much so) and wanting to extend him keeping Dan pretty important. I think he got a good bump. He’s young he can be picky and I’d bet he envisions great success with the Bengals for awhile. If the bengals have another great season next year we are going to get raided.

Reply/Quote
If Anarumo gets hired why is he automatically taking someone from the bengals. Unless he is close friends or admires their offensive genius..their continued offensive ineptness when given multiple chances to drive down the field and put the ball in the endzone and get it done has already cost him one Super Bowl and shown this year they didn’t really learn anything from the last…the second half of the chiefs was a mirror image of the Super Bowl..
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 02:11 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: If Anarumo gets hired why is he automatically taking someone from the bengals. Unless he is close friends or admires their offensive genius..their continued offensive ineptness when given multiple chances to drive down the field and put the ball in the endzone and get it done has already cost him one Super Bowl and shown this year they didn’t really learn anything from the last…the second half of the chiefs was a mirror image of the Super Bowl..

They won 2-3 from KC & Buffalo lol. Picher has had interviews with 2 teams for an OC spot. He’s in demand for some reason and it’s not for offensive ineptness. We’ve gone over it numerous times on here. The offensive line was awful last year gave up a ton of sacks and this year come the playoffs they were missing 3 starters. But let me find you a link so you can watch the Bills replay of 27-10 against their top defense and 414 yards total offense.LMAO

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 02:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They won 2-3 from KC & Buffalo lol. Picher has had interviews with 2 teams for an OC spot. He’s in demand for some reason and it’s not for offensive ineptness. We’ve gone over it numerous times on here. The offensive line was awful last year gave up a ton of sacks and this year come the playoffs they were missing 3 starters. But let me find you a link so you can watch the Bills replay of 27-10 against their top defense and 414 yards total offense.LMAO

You think the Bills are a top defense? Seriously What a joke Maybe before they lost von miller they gave up yard after yard and points to a unknown scrub quarterback with the dolphins who will never start another game. Their defense was shredded by everyone the 2nd half of the season

If Lou leaves this offense gets completely exposed for what they are. Incredible talent in chase Higgins and burrow making spectacular plays. When it gets time to actually outcoach a good defense that makes adjustments they struggle. There is no genius or creativity in this offense Lou can probably see that first hand
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 02:42 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: You think the Bills are a top defense? Seriously What a joke Maybe before they lost von miller they gave up yard after yard and points to a unknown scrub quarterback with the dolphins who will never start another game. Their defense was shredded by everyone the 2nd half of the season

If Lou leaves this offense gets completely exposed for what they are. Incredible talent in chase Higgins and burrow making spectacular plays. When it gets time to actually outcoach a good defense that makes adjustments they struggle. There is no genius or creativity in this offense Lou can probably see that first hand

LMAO. Bills won 6 straight w/o Miller. They were still pretty good. Regardless our offense despite our OL situation did well

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 02:47 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LMAO. Bills won 6 straight w/o Miller. They were still pretty good. Regardless our offense despite our OL situation did well

The bills were paper tigers once Miller went down. And with their lack of o-line and run game, they were never gonna win the super bowl

They were the afc Vikings, without the stink Kirk cousins reputation
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 02:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The bills were paper tigers once Miller went down. And with their lack of o-line and run game, they were never gonna win the super bowl

They were the afc Vikings, without the stink Kirk cousins reputation

They won 6 straight w/o Miller. They were still good on defense. Not as good but last year they were at the top w/o Miller.

Reply/Quote
Didn't the Bengals offense play KC without their 2 starting tackles and their best OL? Then lost Boyd. It amazes me our own fans are oblivious to our injuries but excuse the Bills for losing Miller
We lost to a great KC team on the road with a depleted OL. If you really think about it, Chiefs on paper should have done to us what we did to Buffalo
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 03:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't the Bengals offense play KC without their 2 starting tackles and their best OL? Then lost Boyd. It amazes me our own fans are oblivious to our injuries but excuse the Bills for losing Miller
We lost to a great KC team on the road with a depleted OL. If you really think about it, Chiefs on paper should have done to us what we did to Buffalo

It’s 30 years of frustration even though no coach as ever had 2 great back to back seasons and AFC Championship appearances like Zac

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 02:11 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: If Anarumo gets hired why is he automatically taking someone from the bengals. Unless he is close friends or admires their offensive genius..their continued offensive ineptness when given multiple chances to drive down the field and put the ball in the endzone and get it done has already cost him one Super Bowl and shown this year they didn’t really learn anything from the last…the second half of the chiefs was a mirror image of the Super Bowl..

This makes zero sense. Coordinators hired as HC take other assistants all the time. Also the Bengals have a solid offense. Also Pricher is becoming noticeable.

Not sure why this even needs to be said?

Reply/Quote
With Pitcher electing to come back, thus declining the OC position in Tampa, the offensive side will remain in tact.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-get-major-update-on-joe-burrow-whisperer-after-buccaneers-interview/ar-AA17ov1X?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=28912e5551ab4af2964d99cb9882e26e
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 09:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With Pitcher electing to come back, thus declining the OC position in Tampa, the offensive side will remain in tact.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-get-major-update-on-joe-burrow-whisperer-after-buccaneers-interview/ar-AA17ov1X?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=28912e5551ab4af2964d99cb9882e26e

That's great for the Bengals. Just waiting on Lou. With zero all-pros, he really did a great job with the defense. Eagles has two all-pros on the defensive side of the ball (and another pro bowl player) and a supposed top defense and looked lost against KC last night. 
Reply/Quote
Our entire staff gets no respect. We’ve won 4-5 from KC & Tge Bills and few players recognized yet zero respect

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 01:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Hard to see the tea leaves on Arizona. If Lou has Picher committed to coming I bet he becomes real attractive. But I don’t think Picher let’s it be known he’s staying only to leave with Lou. I also don’t think Arizona goes with a defensive guy. Picher I’m sure got a huge bump and knows Brian probably leaves next year. He then becomes OC.

Well, Arizona is going with a defensive guy. The reports are it is down to Lou Anarumo and Gannon, the Philly DC. 

And the Philly defense imploded last night, so bad many Eagles fans want Gannon fired.

I think we will get a decision tonight, one way or the other.
Reply/Quote