Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coaching updates
https://www.bengals.com/news/justin-rascati-pass-game-coordinator-brad-kragthorpe-jordan-kovacs-promoted
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I wonder if they will bring in another assistant QB Coach too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Creating a whole new position for a passing game coordinator is a bit of a surprise.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 12:50 PM)Synric Wrote: I wonder if they will bring in another assistant QB Coach too.

I would think the Passing Game coordinator is essentially the assistant QB coach with expanded or perhaps now acknowledged job responsibilities but we'll see.

I wonder if they will be adding to the defensive coaching staff

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 01:10 PM)pally Wrote: I would think the Passing Game coordinator is essentially the assistant QB coach with expanded or perhaps now acknowledged job responsibilities but we'll see.

I wonder if they will be adding to the defensive coaching staff

They might have used it as a way to get around requesting to interview him for the assistant job.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
No objections from me with these moves. I'll remained concerned about all-things OL related.
Reply/Quote
Seen earlier where Vrabel wants a DC job. Please for the love of god and all that is holy get rid of Lou and bring in Vrabel!!
Reply/Quote
Really like the passing game coordinator role. The more minds we have trying to figure out stuff the better IMO.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 02:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Really like the passing game coordinator role. The more minds we have trying to figure out stuff the better IMO.

I like that Rascati's previous position was assistant offensive line coach. Maybe he can help the Bengals with protections as part of his role with the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 02:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Really like the passing game coordinator role. The more minds we have trying to figure out stuff the better IMO.

While I agree in theory, the reality is that if all of the minds are shitty (we know they aren't), then, 50 of them wouldn't matter: quality over quantity and let's hope he is of the quality variety.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 02:33 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Seen earlier where Vrabel wants a DC job.  Please for the love of god and all that is holy get rid of Lou and bring in Vrabel!!

No thanks
Reply/Quote
Congrats to all on their New positions
Reply/Quote

As long as we don't add another voice to the pre-Snap Chatter
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Maybe we'll see Chase targeted like JJ. I like that he has an Oline background. That is something to note. Maybe this is their way of hiring an Oline coach given the FO won't let them fire Pollack.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 02:33 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Seen earlier where Vrabel wants a DC job.  Please for the love of god and all that is holy get rid of Lou and bring in Vrabel!!

Are they going to get Vrabel any help on the defensive line or secondary?  Right now the secondary is not that good.  We can say they are young but are they going to get better with more experience?  You never know.  I hope they do because last year was a pretty bad.    On the defensive line they have 1 quality DT signed in Hill.  At DE they have Hendrickson who is horrible against the run because he would rather ignore the run game so he can pad his sack count.  At the other DE spot you have Hubbard who struggled this year.  Will Murphy make a big step up this year?  Lets hope he does.  The D line still needs help especially the interior.  Lou cant work miracles with the current defense and neither could Vrabel.  The defense needs more talent added to it.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 05:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Are they going to get Vrabel any help on the defensive line or secondary?  Right now the secondary is not that good.  We can say they are young but are they going to get better with more experience?  You never know.  I hope they do because last year was a pretty bad.    On the defensive line they have 1 quality DT signed in Hill.  At DE they have Hendrickson who is horrible against the run because he would rather ignore the run game so he can pad his sack count.  At the other DE spot you have Hubbard who struggled this year.  Will Murphy make a big step up this year?  Lets hope he does.  The D line still needs help especially the interior.  Lou cant work miracles with the current defense and neither could Vrabel.  The defense needs more talent added to it.

The Dline is a huge question mark.  

I think the secondary could take a step forward next season.  Battle showed to be solid, CTB is a good one.  Turner is iffy.

Many are questioning Dax, and rightly so, but he is an uber athletic and supposedly very smart player.  

Check out Jessie Bates performance during the Super Bow season compared to Dax in 2023:

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 05:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The Dline is a huge question mark.  

I think the secondary could take a step forward next season.  Battle showed to be solid, CTB is a good one.  Turner is iffy.

Many are questioning Dax, and rightly so, but he is an uber athletic and supposedly very smart player.  

Check out Jessie Bates performance during the Super Bow season compared to Dax in 2023:

There are some bright spots in the secondary.  Cam Taylor Britt has a lot of potential.  Battle also did very good when he got the playing time.  I dont know about Dax Hill or Turner for that matter.  They need to play better.  We also lost Awuzie unless we re-sign him so that is another loss we need to replace.  Even though Awuzie didnt play great last year, he was coming off the knee surgery.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 05:31 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: There are some bright spots in the secondary.  Cam Taylor Britt has a lot of potential.  Battle also did very good when he got the playing time.  I dont know about Dax Hill or Turner for that matter.  They need to play better.  We also lost Awuzie unless we re-sign him so that is another loss we need to replace.  Even though Awuzie didnt play great last year, he was coming off the knee surgery.

Not sure why the attachment didnt work. 

Here is Bates in 2021 vs Dax in 2023.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 04:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As long as we don't add another voice to the pre-Snap Chatter

They don’t talk unless prompted. They’d not be the least penalized team the last 5 years. Such an over blown thing.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 06:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure why the attachment didnt work. 

Here is Bates in 2021 vs Dax in 2023.

Why does the attachment feature work for a little while then stop showing up?

GFvjbgvWsAAow7V

Reply/Quote