Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody Ford set to visit
Depth has to be playable to be worth anything. This guy seems below the Adeniji line.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Depth has to be playable to be worth anything. This guy seems below the Adeniji line.

Maybe he's more of a glass eater and they want to coach him up above the Adejniji line? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, not a fan of this guy
Reply/Quote
Is this a favor to Orlando Brown Jr. to bring in his former team-mate for a visit? Because this guys stats are horrible and no better than the guys we have now.
Reply/Quote
He's coming in to be the kick returner!
Reply/Quote
I liked Ford in college playing next to Brown, maybe he turns his career around playing next to him again?
Reply/Quote
Looks like he's signing with the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Depth has to be playable to be worth anything. This guy seems below the Adeniji line.

Well we just signed him so.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:46 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Looks like he's signing with the Bengals

Cool, hope Cody turns his career around here and becomes much more solid in pass protection.

Gonna be tough, Volson might be just coming off his rookie season, but he ain't no punk and he works as hard as any OL I have seen.
Reply/Quote
Is Orlando Brown going to pay Cody Ford's signing bonus out of his own? That would make the Cody Ford signing easier to stomach lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Hey, if Carman started to look serviceable at the end of last season, maybe we can make Ford serviceable.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, hope Cody turns his career around here and becomes much more solid in pass protection.

Gonna be tough, Volson might be just coming off his rookie season, but he ain't no punk and he works as hard as any OL I have seen.

Hope playing with Orlando Brown kickstarts his career and provides competition or at least depth.

Agree on Volson. High hopes for him. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hope playing with Orlando Brown kickstarts his career and provides competition or at least depth.

Agree on Volson. High hopes for him. 

Yah never know, Ford was good playing next to Brown in college, I wanted us to draft him but he has been a major disappointment so far.

I think Volson just gets better and better, love how hard he works and he plays physical and nasty. He might not be that athletic but neither
is Orlando Brown. Brown is just technically sound, Volson specifically could learn a lot from Brown.
Reply/Quote
Cody Ford can play guard or tackle from a depth standpoint. He’s mean as hell. In a good way.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Bengals twitter account saying it's a 1 year deal and listed Ford as an OT.
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the Jungle Mr. Ford!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
He is worse than Scharping. We have a ton of OTs.

But he is ours. Let'shope he sucks a lot less here. Or better yet, never sees the field.

Significant downgrade from Scharping in my view.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/16/23643842/cody-ford-bengals-news-cardinals-free-agents-2023-nfl-rumors
Reply/Quote
Maybe in a competition for the swing tackle spot? Also has inside out versatility so that could be playing into the idea here.
Reply/Quote
They like him at RT. Maybe guard wasn’t his best spot. We’ve seen that with Jackson. This signing doesn’t take G off the board in the middle rounds. He may not make it out of camp. They do have to get to 90. So there will be some of these signings.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote