Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody Ford set to visit
(03-16-2023, 06:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Cody Ford can play guard or tackle from a depth standpoint. He’s mean as hell. In a good way.

Yeah, that is what I liked about him in college, he is nasty like Volson honestly. 

He just needs to keep it contained and not commit those penalties.

(03-16-2023, 06:04 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Bengals twitter account saying it's a 1 year deal and listed Ford as an OT.

Competing with Jonah and Carman at RT eh?

Makes sense and more competition isn't a bad thing. I thought Volson would be the starter at LG this year regardless of who we 
brought in. He should just get better and better.

(03-16-2023, 06:06 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Welcome to the Jungle Mr. Ford!

Indeed! Rock On
Reply/Quote
Wonder if Bengal Jim has a picture of an F-150 on his Twitter account....
Reply/Quote
I wonder if that is a depth signing now with an expectation they cut Collins at some point. I think the D'Ante Smith experiment may be over and so you'd have Brown and Williams projected starters with Carman and Ford fighting for swing tackle opportunities.
Reply/Quote
He's a G. We have 6 tackles already.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He's a G. We have 6 tackles already.

Maybe not for long...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He's a G. We have 6 tackles already.

The team announced him as a tackle.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:07 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He is worse than Scharping. We have a ton of OTs.

But he is ours. Let'shope he sucks a lot less here. Or better yet, never sees the field.

Significant downgrade from Scharping in my view.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/16/23643842/cody-ford-bengals-news-cardinals-free-agents-2023-nfl-rumors

Not good inside at guard, for sure.
He may not really be worse than Adeniji or Smith, so I'm not really worried if he takes the final OT spot from them.

The additions of Brown and Ford put the OL now at the following:
OT - Brown, Williams (injured - expected back by TC), Collins (injured - likely PUP), Carman, Ford
OG - Volson, Cappa
C - Karras, Hill

Sitting at 8 if not including Collins.
Thinking there could be a draft pick for IOL backup if they really plan for Ford to be mainly an OT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not good inside at guard, for sure.
He may not really be worse than Adeniji or Smith, so I'm not really worried if he takes the final OT spot from them.

The additions of Brown and Ford put the OL now at the following:
OT - Brown, Williams (injured - expected back by TC), Collins (injured - likely PUP), Carman, Ford
OG - Volson, Cappa
C - Karras, Hill

Sitting at 8 if not including Collins.
Thinking there could be a draft pick for IOL backup if they really plan for Ford to be mainly an OT.

Avila in the 2nd round sure would make this OL look pretty good.
Reply/Quote
I'm a bit nonplussed at adding Cody Ford given his poor play to date. The only way he even fits in the Tackle room is if they anticipate not having either Collins or Jonah. As to Scharping, after that nauseating performance in the AFCCG he can leave. So for that matter can Adeniji. So right now we have...

C: Karras, Trey Hill

G: Volson, Cappa, Scharping

T: Brown, Williams, Collins, Adeniji, Carman, Ford

I may have missed one here. The point is the room has 11 linemen of which 6 are OT. I have to think they are nowhere near done turning the room over.
Reply/Quote
Scharping is a FA

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the team but hope he is a camp body, or we are all missing something.
Reply/Quote
Ford is TERRIBLE.

Per Goodberry, Volson last year:

Snaps: 1,305
Pressures: 43
Penalties: 7
Sacks: 5

Ford's career:
Snaps: 1,262
Pressures: 96
Penalties: 19
Sacks: 13

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/16/23643842/cody-ford-bengals-news-cardinals-free-agents-2023-nfl-rumors

This is a drive killer, QB killer level player. He is TERRIBLE. He is a downgrade from Adeniji and Scharping. He allows pressures & sacks & commits penalties at double (almost triple) the rate Volson does. He is miles worse than Brown, Cappa, Karras, Williams, Volson, and Collins.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but if this guy is on the final roster, Burrow is in danger. I guess he could be better than Smith, since he has actually olayed meaningful NFL snaps. But he has no business seeing the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'm a bit nonplussed at adding Cody Ford given his poor play to date. The only way he even fits in the Tackle room is if they anticipate not having either Collins or Jonah. As to Scharping, after that nauseating performance in the AFCCG he can leave. So for that matter can Adeniji. So right now we have...

I may have missed one here.
The point is the room has 11 linemen of which 6 are OT. I have to think they are nowhere near done turning the room over.

D'Ante Smith and believe Scharping is a FA...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'm a bit nonplussed at adding Cody Ford given his poor play to date. The only way he even fits in the Tackle room is if they anticipate not having either Collins or Jonah. As to Scharping, after that nauseating performance in the AFCCG he can leave. So for that matter can Adeniji. So right now we have...

I may have missed one here. The point is the room has 11 linemen of which 6 are OT. I have to think they are nowhere near done turning the room over.

Scharping is not here. He is a FA. Ford is taking Scharping's spot and is the #3 G. Which should scare the crap out of everybody. 
Reply/Quote
I’m not angry or excited. It’s a body. Better frame than most, and he was a teammate of Orlando Brown’s at Oklahoma. I don’t know why that matters, but it does.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He's a G. We have 6 tackles already.

He’s mostly a guard. Brown and Ford were roommates at OU. I can tell you this he’s mean as hell. He’s no worse than some other backups. He can play both tackle and guard.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s mostly a guard. Brown and Ford were roommates at OU. I can tell you this he’s mean as hell. He’s no worse than some other backups. He can play both tackle and guard.

He sure looks mean as hell in some of his pics lol

Hope he can get it all together here. I liked him on your team in college.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:56 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m not angry or excited. It’s a body. Better frame than most, and he was a teammate of Orlando Brown’s at Oklahoma. I don’t know why that matters, but it does.

That might be the only reason why Ford was signed.  We get Orlando Brown Jr. then all of a sudden we are interested in his colllege team-mate who is worse than the poor backups we already have?  It makes no sense to sign someone this bad when we are trying to upgrade depth.  If he wasnt Brown’s former team-mate would the Bengals have signed him?
Reply/Quote
..I’m not sure why they did this a 5th round guard or anyone off the practice squad has better upside I saw some of their games very sloppy lineman if he’s in the field burrow is in serious trouble
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: That might be the only reason why Ford was signed.  We get Orlando Brown Jr. then all of a sudden we are interested in his colllege team-mate who is worse than the poor backups we already have?  It makes no sense to sign someone this bad when we are trying to upgrade depth.  If he wasnt Brown’s former team-mate would the Bengals have signed him?

Doubt we sign him if he wasn't Brown's former team-mate true. Not impressive numbers at all.

(03-16-2023, 07:08 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: ..I’m not sure why they did this  a 5th round guard or anyone off the practice squad has better upside I saw some of their games very sloppy lineman if he’s in the field burrow is in serious trouble

He probably won't even make the roster, we will see, he was cheap and we aren't done yet.
Reply/Quote