Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cody Ford signs with the Bengals
https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinnati-bengals-sign-offensive-tackle-cody-ford-one-year-deal/43341459#
Reply/Quote
I like this, a very good couple days for the franchise. A pro-bowl starter and decent back up for Joe!!!
Reply/Quote
Ford has been absolutely terrible as a pro.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he'll be the new punter...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:51 PM)M.W. Wrote: I like this, a very good couple days for the franchise. A pro-bowl starter and decent back up for Joe!!!

I like Brown but Ford is absolute garbage.
Reply/Quote
This signing does nothing for me. Even as a backup I can't be enthused about this. I guess he's still young 

- - - - - - -
As a side note, if true... imagine trying to trade up for Cody Ford, fail to do so, so you trade down and draft Drew Sample instead. That is almost impressive levels of determination to throw away that second round pick. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Signed Nick Scott who sucks too.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: Maybe he'll be the new punter...

If he's playin', were puntin'. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Signed Nick Scott who sucks too.

I will take Scott over Ford. Scott only started 1 year. Converted RB. I have hopes he can improve. Not so much with Ford. 

Though I will admit, Scott as Bell's replacement is underwhelming. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:06 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I like Brown but Ford is absolute garbage.

That's what everyone said about Carmen as well but he did okay in his spot starts this year. He's a young player who was a 2nd round draft pick, it's worth seeing what he has on a cheap deal and being a back up. It's not a bad signing at all. Unless someone is top 10 everyone thinks a lineman is garbage. 
Reply/Quote

Scott does not suck, he is an ascending player at Safety. Damn it Pistons, don't fall prey damn it! Whatever
Reply/Quote

What's your analysis from watching all the Rams games last year? 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:48 PM)TheFan Wrote: That's what everyone said about Carmen as well but he did okay in his spot starts this year. He's a young player who was a 2nd round draft pick, it's worth seeing what he has on a cheap deal and being a back up. It's not a bad signing at all. Unless someone is top 10 everyone thinks a lineman is garbage. 

Carman has been terrible most of his career and had a couple decent, but not great or terrible postseason games. And this guy is direct competition with him. Ie if they liked Carman...they don't sign this guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Carman has been terrible most of his career and had a couple decent, but not great or terrible postseason games. And this guy is direct competition with him. Ie if they liked Carman...they don't sign this guy.

Writing people off after their 1st or 2nd season is stupid. Carman was already a young player coming into the league and played well in the chances he got in his 2nd year. 

"Terrible most of his career" like he's not a 2nd year player. Come on man, that's nonsense. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Signed Nick Scott who sucks too.

I’d like to think that he’s insurance in case they don’t get a decent lineman in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:55 PM)TheFan Wrote: Writing people off after their 1st or 2nd season is stupid. Carman was already a young player coming into the league and played well in the chances he got in his 2nd year. 

"Terrible most of his career" like he's not a 2nd year player. Come on man, that's nonsense. 

And playing good in the biggest games means a lot more to me than not...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:55 PM)TheFan Wrote: Writing people off after their 1st or 2nd season is stupid. Carman was already a young player coming into the league and played well in the chances he got in his 2nd year. 

We tried to move Carman from LT to guard. It did not go well. He looked a,lot better playing his natural position. 

Ford has stunk it up at both his more natural guard spot and at tackle. Tore his meniscus in 2020. Replaced Spain in Buffalo at guard. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:48 PM)TheFan Wrote: That's what everyone said about Carmen as well but he did okay in his spot starts this year. He's a young player who was a 2nd round draft pick, it's worth seeing what he has on a cheap deal and being a back up. It's not a bad signing at all. Unless someone is top 10 everyone thinks a lineman is garbage. 

Nope, I think he's garbage because his pff grade is terrible and fans of both teams he played for recently have called him the worst player in the team. 

I'm all for hoping for the best and I'm with ya, hopefully he shows something, but if you see how other talk about him it doesn't instill hope.

Also pretty sure I saw someone say he lost his job to Bobby Hart at some point.  Ninja
Reply/Quote

Carman sucked most of his 2nd year. He did ok versus the Bills.

He did so well that they signed a couple more lineman. They wouldn't have signed Ford if they believed in Carman.
Reply/Quote

He's played in the NFL for 4 years. He's 26. His pff grade this past season was 41.2.
Reply/Quote