Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee shop refuses to serve man caught on tape confronting Muslim woman
(05-15-2018, 03:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's why I think she should've just went with the "effing racist" than the "You are  committing hate speech against me." I think she tried to reason with him when she should've just shut hiim up.

That guy hain't gonna shut up.  If he had an ounce of awareness and dignity he wouldn't have opened his mouth in the first place.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
He said what he said, which was a jerk comment, but her insistence to ramp up the comment into way more than it needed to be..... her persistence to try and talk about her religion is ridiculous. Just roll your eyes and order your coffee. That goes for both of them.

As to her hijab or whatever it’s called. We live in a full face society, we see everyone’s face, we don’t allow masks to be worn. Western culture is based on seeing everyone’s face.
(05-15-2018, 08:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He said what he said, which was a jerk comment, but her insistence to ramp up the comment into way more than it needed to be.....   her persistence to try and talk about her religion is ridiculous.  Just roll your eyes and order your coffee.  That goes for both of them.  

As to her hijab or whatever it’s called.  We live in a full face society, we see everyone’s face, we don’t allow masks to be worn.  Western culture is based on seeing everyone’s face.

While I have no doubt an Alpha Male (snicker) like yourself would speak up to a woman why would you even say she should have said nothing back?

Would you not defend your religion if a man dared speak to you about it?

We live in a free country where people can practice their own religions.  Frankly there are a lot of "Christians" I think should be hiding their faces.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-15-2018, 03:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That guy hain't gonna shut up.  If he had an ounce of awareness and dignity he wouldn't have opened his mouth in the first place.

You almost never see one of the loudmouth alpha males yelling at a full grown man.  There's a reason for that....
(05-15-2018, 08:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: While I have no doubt an Alpha Male (snicker) like yourself would speak up to a woman why would you even say she should have said nothing back?

Would you not defend your religion if a man dared speak to you about it?

We live in a free country where people can practice their own religions.  Frankly there are a lot of "Christians" I think should be hiding their faces.

No I wouldn’t. I would leave it as we just believe differently. It’s not my job to save someone else’s soul. Religion is a private choice and if you genuinely ask about mine I will have a discussion but I won’t antagonize people trying to show everyone that I can out religious talk anyone. People come to religion on their own terms, i respect that because it happened that way for me.

I would have engaged her on the open faced society we live in Today.
(05-15-2018, 08:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No I wouldn’t.  I would leave it as we just believe differently.  It’s not my job to save someone else’s soul.  Religion is a private choice and if you genuinely ask about mine I will have a discussion but I won’t antagonize people trying to show everyone that I can out religious talk anyone.  People come to religion on their own terms, i respect that because it happened that way for me.

I would have engaged her on the open faced society we live in Today.

Hilarious

There couldn't be a better script writer for this character.
The more I think about it, the more I’m stunned this is a national story. In my 20s I was in a parking garage. I got off an elevator, turned a corner and next thing I know I’m flat on my back. Some dude had cold cocked me and he said, “This is my floor white boy” and walked away. “. Could you imagine that being a national story back then? Man hits man in parking garage .
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-15-2018, 08:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

There couldn't be a better script writer for this character.

You asked me a question. I answered.
(05-15-2018, 08:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The more I think about it, the more I’m stunned this is a national story. In my 20s I was in a parking garage. I got off an elevator, turned a corner and next thing I know I’m flat on my back. Some dude had cold cocked me and he said, “This is my floor white boy” and walked away. “. Could you imagine that being a national story back then? Man hits man in parking garage .

What’s funny about his story is it’s nothing until some voice in the back of Starbucks yells f’ing racist. Then at that point they don’t serve the guy. Since when does the peanut gallery matter.
Not sure the man was the one being disruptive as he tried to end the confrontation numerous times. WTS, the shop can refuse to serve whomever they chose as long as they are not violating Civil Rights.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-15-2018, 08:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure the man was the one being disruptive as he tried to end the confrontation numerous times. WTS, the shop can refuse to serve whomever they chose as long as they are not violating Civil Rights.

There we go!

He only confronted her long enough to be on camera!  Why didn't she let the white guy alone.

This place is unreal.
(05-15-2018, 08:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What’s funny about his story is it’s nothing until some voice in the back of Starbucks yells f’ing racist. Then at that point they don’t serve the guy. Since when does the peanut gallery matter.

Well I have no doubt the guy is a complete dick, I just don’t understand it being national.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-15-2018, 08:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You asked me a question.  I answered.

And I have to assume they were own words this time.  Mellow
(05-15-2018, 08:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: There we go!

He only confronted her long enough to be on camera!  Why didn't she let the white guy alone.

This place is unreal.

So you know what confrontation occurred before the filming started?

Where did I say she should have left the white guy alone?

From what I saw; it appeared she was being far more disruptive than him. Apparently you see it different or just think she was justified in being disruptive. which once again doesn't change who was being more disruptive in the video.

As I said I have no problem with the coffee shop refusing to serve the white guy, but from what I saw it was not because he was being very disruptive.

Also I disagree with your last sentiment. This place is not unreal;it's just that some of it's participants are most likely so.   

(05-15-2018, 08:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you know what confrontation occurred before the filming started?

Where did I say she should have left the white guy alone?

From what I saw; it appeared she was being far more disruptive than him. Apparently you see it different or just think she was justified in being disruptive. which once again doesn't change who was being more disruptive in the video.

As I said I have no problem with the coffee shop refusing to serve the white guy, but from what I saw it was not because he was being very disruptive.

Also I disagree with your last sentiment. This place is not unreal;it's just that some of it's participants are most likely so.   

I saw a wannabe alpha tough guy think he was gonna tell a mooslim off and when she was well spoken and challenged him he tried to run a hide by saying:  
Quote:The man dismisses her, saying "I don't have any kind of conversation with idiots." 

But if say so, clearly her standing up for herself and challenging the bigot wannabe tough guy was worse.  ThumbsUp
(05-15-2018, 09:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: I saw a wannabe alpha tough guy think he was gonna tell a mooslim off and when she was well spoken and challenged him he tried to run a hide by saying:  

But if say so, clearly her standing up for herself and challenging the bigot wannabe tough guy was worse.  ThumbsUp

Well your propensity to slur populations aside. None of that changes who was being disruptive in the video provided, but just as I suggested (I'm pretty good at this) you felt she was justified in her disruption. Hell, I might also feel she was justified if I could have seen what happened prior to the filming. 

I have zero idea where you got that I said her actions were worse; they just appeared to be more disruptive. But don't let any of this get in the way of you trying to show that I am the "problem" here. I understand why you have a sense of entitlement here. 

(05-15-2018, 09:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have zero idea where you got that I said her actions were worse; they just appeared to be more disruptive.

Because "disruptive" behavior is "bad" behavior.  You even implied that "disruptive" behavior couild be a reason not to serve a person.  So "more disruptive" obviously means "worse".

There is no dispute that the man started the confrontation with his vile comment.  It amazes me that you would go to the trouble to make a post that attempts to shift the blame to her.  I guess if he had walked in and dropped a snake in the floor the people reacting would be the ones to blame for the "disruption".
(05-15-2018, 09:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well your propensity to slur populations aside.

Yep. I "slurred" wannabe alpha males who yell at women. But feel free to defend them and their behavior. It's fascinating to watch!

(05-15-2018, 09:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: None of that changes who was being disruptive in the video provided, but just as I suggested (I'm pretty good at this) you felt she was justified in her disruption. Hell, I might also feel she was justified if I could have seen what happened prior to the filming. 

Hell you could just read the story about how it started. But then you couldn't try to spin a defense to the white guy.
(05-16-2018, 08:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because "disruptive" behavior is "bad" behavior.  You even implied that "disruptive" behavior couild be a reason not to serve a person.  So "more disruptive" obviously means "worse".

There is no dispute that the man started the confrontation with his vile comment.  It amazes me that you would go to the trouble to make a post that attempts to shift the blame to her.  I guess if he had walked in and dropped a snake in the floor the people reacting would be the ones to blame for the "disruption".

You may say it is open and shut as to who started the confrontation; however, I don't have anything more than the video to go on. I suppose you can consider your assumption to be fact. How does that usually work out for you?

Of course being disruptive can be grounds for removal. You do think anyone has every been removed from a facility for being "rightly' disruptive.

And finally, although you enjoy telling me what I say often, I did not say her actions were worse than the man's. Of course he appears to be a hateful bigot, but we cannot always let or bias, emotion cloud what is actually happening.  

(05-16-2018, 08:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.  I "slurred" wannabe alpha males who yell at women.  But feel free to defend them and their behavior.  It's fascinating to watch!

Hell you could just read the story about how it started.  But then you couldn't try to spin a defense to the white guy.

If you consider that male the one yelling in that video then like most things we disagree

Please point to one thing I have done to defend the man. Otherwise STFU